Welcome to Live Science's forums - Introduce yourself!

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Hello, my name is Steve. I am a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel and recently retired from the preeminent MITRE Corporation located in Northern Virginia. I was a multi-disciplinary systems engineer tasked to assist struggling engineer teams working with the DOD, Military Services, and the Intelligence Community. My core specialties included project/program management, highly secure distributed data systems, signals intelligence, and Human intelligence. I brought War Fighter experience to the various projects who had no experience with the military. I have a B.S. degree from Clemson in Forest Management and a minor in Genetics. I have a Master of Information Technology from George Mason University. My scientific areas of interest include evolving military technologies, AI, Quantum research, Creationism, and Genetics, specifically protein synthesis and gene mutation. I have an autistic grandson (currently referred to as Asperger's Syndrome) so I follow research in this area. I do not believe this is "disorder", rather it is a genetic change that increases perception and intelligence. I am extremely open minded to new studies, theories, and opinions on all categories of "Science". Contact me anytime...thoughtful and polite disagreements welcome (I never care for YES people).

jeanna

Editor In Chief
Staff member
Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
Hello, my name is Steve. I am a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel and recently retired from the preeminent MITRE Corporation located in Northern Virginia. I was a multi-disciplinary systems engineer tasked to assist struggling engineer teams working with the DOD, Military Services, and the Intelligence Community. My core specialties included project/program management, highly secure distributed data systems, signals intelligence, and Human intelligence. I brought War Fighter experience to the various projects who had no experience with the military. I have a B.S. degree from Clemson in Forest Management and a minor in Genetics. I have a Master of Information Technology from George Mason University. My scientific areas of interest include evolving military technologies, AI, Quantum research, Creationism, and Genetics, specifically protein synthesis and gene mutation. I have an autistic grandson (currently referred to as Asperger's Syndrome) so I follow research in this area. I do not believe this is "disorder", rather it is a genetic change that increases perception and intelligence. I am extremely open minded to new studies, theories, and opinions on all categories of "Science". Contact me anytime...thoughtful and polite disagreements welcome (I never care for YES people).
Welcome to the forums Steve! Nice to meet you - thanks for contributing interesting info/thoughts to the threads. -Jeanna

Reactions: jsimenhoff
Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Good Morning everybody,

I am a Simple Man, aged 74 years, living in Bangalore, India.

Retired after working as Shift Engineer and Tech.Integrity in Petrochemicals and Oil & Gas organizations for 40 years.
Now living happily, with wife, 2 daughters, 3 Sons, 1 Daughter in Law,
1 Son In Law, 2 Granddaughters and I grandson,
Eldest son living happily with his wife, a son and a daughter.
Elder daughter is living happily with her husband and her daughter.
Third and fourth sons completed graduation and employed.
Last but not least my Daughter Gayathri, completed Maters in finance management at Swinburne University Of Technology, and living in Australia.

My Interests
Help my wife in her Lions club activities in helping the needy.
Then enjoy Internet.
Interested in seeing Old English, Hindi movies, Telugu .Listen to music in all languages.
Interested in reading Ancient Greek, Indian and Roman History, Painting and Photography.
Interested in seeing Football, Cricket and Tennis.
Look after my she pet dog, bathing, feeding and take for Morning, Noon and Evening walks (3 times a day)
I love that fellow equal as to my children.
Love to see every one live long happily with Peace.
Peace be on the Earth.
Have A Pleasant & Beautiful Day Everyday
All the Best, Good Luck & God bless us all

With Regards, Love, Affection & Blessings
Uma Maheswar Nakka

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
My name is Stephen. I am a published author of science compendium series and sci-fi novel series. I am an avid enthusiast of cosmogony and cosmology. I spend time working on studying and developing alternative theories for what was before creation, and the evolutionary mechanism for achieving existence from virtual nothingness. Keeps my mind occupied.

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi all .Im sara & just joined this truly amazing scientific site -I'm looking forward to asking questions /putting my comments &n hearing from you all

I'm from North Manchester UK & my hobby is horseriding which I've been doing for 40 years & going to my local pub quiz once a week

Currently I'm unemployed, despite all of my attempts to find work & apply for suitable roles & interviews -companies seem to be displaying inflexible candidiate choosing -that is to say after every interview its always thanks but no thanks -although Ive got the admin (which are the roles I apply for) but no additional company background equals no job

I love watching science programmes & like watching programmes about the solar system & have seen the lectures at manchester evening news arena presented by Professor Brian Cox which are all fantastic

I love watching time travel films/progrmmes - favourite Time Travel British TV show is Goodnight Sweetheart & American Quantam Leap

Favourite film is Back to the Future-Ive seen 1 2 & 3

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello Science Fans,

Welcome to the Live Science forums, a sort of playground for all of you who are curious about humanity and the world around us.

The writers and editors here at LiveScience.com are excited to launch what we hope will become a tight-knit and friendly community for the intellectually curious. Anyone interested in tardigrades and quarks … or dinosaurs … or the Big Bang and string theory will find a home here.

It's all fascinating to us.

In this science clubhouse, you can feel free to discuss the latest scientific discoveries or the far-out ideas that keep you up at night..

And since our website is so broad, there's plenty of room for you to find the right fit. The sky's the limit. Or is it?

Post a reply to let us know what you're interested in and what you'd like to see on Live Science forums!

—Jeanna

Hello Jeanna

My name is Brian and I do traffic engineering for government in the Washington DC area (locales here brag about the quality of life in this area but: everything costs more; at least 10-20% more than Baltimore next door; traffic is maddening; small towns and green space have been overwhelmed by suburban development; you have to drive to VA mountains or North Carolina seashore to enjoy God's natural gifts; crime is rampart; people are materialistic , though not quite at the north Jersey level yet; Smithsonian nearby; low unemployment; terrible public transpo unless you live in DC; political correctness is mandatory but there is diversity which is good).

I like it when Live Science assumes the reader has a 8th grade level of scientific understanding,,,,because that is me. However, I love reading about "science" except speculative astro-physics and when scientists refer to something as a fact (such as the appearance of dinosaurs, or all who inhabited North America prior to 1500 AD) when actually, even with the best evidence much is speculation. Scientist and science are best served with humility (awareness of how much we do not know, not just the little we do) . I prefer open-minded science ,,, if I want gift-wrapped, "we know it all" science I can visit the Smithsonian website or Museum and confer with them

Bdoon

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Good day to all,
I am Anthony Hudson from Gold Coast, Australia, a member of AAAS Science Advances in California, i have become a; 'Scientific Investigator', and Real Estate Agent - Auctioneer by trade, i have spent most of my life helping others, and lastly educated through The University of Queensland, at St Lucia, Brisbane, BA Major Psychology, whereas i deferred studies before my final year.

I have written a new book, yet to be published (hopefully still this year), the "Origin of Creation of Species", subtitled "Evolution Scientifically Debunked", it is the first; 'non fictional' book of "Creation" ever released, at the centerpiece, is my own new Microbiological discovery, of which does; Seamlessly quantify evident "Creation", no religion, not biblical, not indoctrinated by: "Theoretical Suppositions" with the; "Many Gaps" located by myself in the; 'Neo-Darwinism' religion, that i have described within scientific terminology, also, the Transcript of my book, has received an Australian Fed Govt Microbiology cash grant, from our research center in Canberra, no less than 5 Biologists had to agree to signing off on the grant, after agreeing unanimously to its solid foundations.

The Quora site has been my previous forum, and it is time to change to Live Science for a new audience, and to answer any questions within my field.
Book sounds good provided you are sane

Reactions: jsimenhoff
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Book sounds good provided you are sane
My sanity has been undisputed by the top Psychiatrist in Queensland Govt, as i was on the Liver Transplant list, and i had rigorous psychological tests, which were undertaken by myself, and completed over a 1.5 year process, to determine my suitability based on psychological stability, whereas the findings of the Assessment Unit, were to state that: "My type of Genius should not be tampered with", this was the only statement dictated by the head Qld Govt Psychiatrist, so as to deliver an observational verdict of my Sanity, in order to proceed with further treatment.
Hence, all information that i have presented to the public, within the new book, "Origin of Creation of Species", will be delivered to the reader, by a Genius.

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
Howdy!

Let me introduce myself: I'm a wife to a man of 30+ years. I have two kids from a previous marriage, ages 41 & 39 (boy & girl). I recently retired from Nursing/Paramedic where I practiced for 43 years. It feel really good to be retired, let me tell ya!

All my co-workers felt that I would miss working, but I don't at all!

However, I still think of things, especially when world issues come up in which I had a strong feeling towards. Example: COVID-19 virus & the preparedness of health care workers. I was the disaster coordinator of a hospital whom fought for the staff to be more prepared. I often hit brick walls from management when it came to wanting supplies, more training, etc.

Then our hospital had one of the worst case patients come to our little hospital & contaminated the staff & patients. Eighteen nurses were exposed, three had 'secondary symptoms' to the contaminate, & two quit on the spot. This case motivated me to join forces with the team, Hazmat for Healthcare (trademark).

I was a member of the team that helped to develop a course for health care workers to learn. I had also been through some Hazmat training through the National Fire Academy so that I would be better trained as an instructor for the health care members.

I did this all on my own. None of the many hours were reimbursed by my workplace. My desire to do this may have also been motivated by my parents, who were both Science teachers. I'm hoping to join the Live Science to keep interacting with those people interested in the same topics as myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
..... and Howdy (hello) from me too. I think Im the only British member of this amazing all American forum

This corona virus is getting worse . I read in the paper someone did a statue of the coroa virus & got it commisioned

I say I dont think it ll be long before somone takes out revenge on the corona virus & destroys it lo

Mar 20, 2020
Visit site
Good day to all. I am Steve Treat (one of many it turns out). Though I am new to this forum I have been in the sciences and engineering for all of my post high school life. I have worked as an aerospace engineer, a physicist and a science teacher. My degrees are in physics, and my career activities include working on the Hubble Space Telescope, the GPS system and some climate modeling and measurement programs among others. I hope to learn a lot from the others on this site, and am excited that I found it.

Cheers
steve42

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
Thank you, Mohammed. I'm hunkered down with food in the pantry. I'm 67 and have health concerns. I have a degree in environmental science, but that neither makes me an expert in anything nor foolish enough not to take this pandemic very seriously. These days I'm just an observer of human behavior and animal wisdom. Hello to all from my very wise cats. RL

Reactions: Covar19 and SHaines

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Thank you, Mohammed. I'm hunkered down with food in the pantry. I'm 67 and have health concerns. I have a degree in environmental science, but that neither makes me an expert in anything nor foolish enough not to take this pandemic very seriously. These days I'm just an observer of human behavior and animal wisdom. Hello to all from my very wise cats. RL

Welcome. We're absolutely thrilled to have you join the community!

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Hello all,

My educational background is Physics. I’ve worked in the Medical Device Development space my entire career, primarily in the field of ultrasound, with a diversion through digital media production, primarily supporting medical device companies.

Pwave

Reactions: Covar19
Mar 30, 2020
www.imore.com
Greetings and salutations.

My name is Lee_Bo and I come from Mobile Nations, a newly acquired Future company, specifically imore.com. During our monthly webinar meeting, we decided to make Live Science our forum focus for the month of April, so you may see an influx if new registrations.

I've been in some form of IT my entire adult life, currently specializing in pro A/V.

I'm glad to be here and to be part of the Future family.

dan

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi all! 👋 My name is Nicoletta and I'm a staff reporter for Live Science.

I mostly cover health and medicine, so I look forward to answering your pressing questions about the bizarre (and sometimes scary) world of human disease.

I studied psychology and neuroscience before becoming a writer, so I can also address any queries you have about that weird, wrinkly organ between your ears! 🧠

I've also studied dance my whole life and would love to chat about cool happenings at the intersection of art and science.

Chat soon! 😁
Weird and wrinkly, I'm 60 now, my kids say that sometimes about me. 😊

dan

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
Officer on deck! Welcome aboard Colonel. Our pleasure to have you. I'm sure questions will come soon sir, Live Science gives us all a place to add our input.

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello,
I'm writing an highly diagrammed book that states my own gestalt philosophy that merges all Sciences together, incorporating: Classic Physics, Quantum Physics, Metaphysics, Eastern Philosophies and the Science of Astrology, all rolled into one Universal Philosophy and coded through the visible Colour Spectrum, but also encompassing the entire realm of the Gravito-Electro-Magnetic Spectrum of the Cosmos. I collect my research information through interactive sites like this.
Helena.
let me know when that book is done. That would be major!

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi my name is Ashley skyrme I was about 8-9 years old I saw something in the sky where I used to live It was daylight the object was at least a sky scraper Height or even more higher it was a saucer shap and it was just hovering over the houses and I thought to my self it must of been the person who does his tricks at out local palying field but went round there and he was not there the object was still there in the sky and definitely told my self it is a ufo I told every person in my family but no one believed me
But in 2014 i was living in Worcestershire England uk with my wife and son I saw the object again ever since my first encounter I can not sleep until 3-5 in morning I need help thanks
and now im living back in Herefordshire but in a different village

Reactions: Colchemy
Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
View attachment 1

Hello Science Fans,

Welcome to the Live Science forums, a sort of playground for all of you who are curious about humanity and the world around us.

The writers and editors here at LiveScience.com are excited to launch what we hope will become a tight-knit and friendly community for the intellectually curious. Anyone interested in tardigrades and quarks … or dinosaurs … or the Big Bang and string theory will find a home here.

It's all fascinating to us.

In this science clubhouse, you can feel free to discuss the latest scientific discoveries or the far-out ideas that keep you up at night..

And since our website is so broad, there's plenty of room for you to find the right fit. The sky's the limit. Or is it?

Post a reply to let us know what you're interested in and what you'd like to see on Live Science forums!

—Jeanna