Question Wanted: companion robot. Predict the date!

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
Waiting for the day we have useful mobile robots. I sometimes have to remind myself that we already live among robots, in our houses, cars and workplaces. I guess I just kind of want my own R2 or Threepio.

How far off are we, I wonder, from useful robotic companions? Let me tack on the term "affordable."

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
Affordable? Probablyyyyyy 40-50 years. I'd say around that time. In terms of an actual viable product, the way you've described...sheesh. I'd be shocked if we don't see it before 2022. And even THAT is a bit of a conservative estimate!

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
I’d say we don’t need ai or robots. Because if we used them to their full potential, nobody would ever work anymore.. Then we’d have to tax every robot that replaces a human job and distribute the taxes collected to all citizens as a sort of allowance. Having robots build everything we need so we don’t have to work anymore is unacceptable, especially if it’s powered by free energy, like Tesla knew how to do. I say just suppress any good technology and keep the world ignorant. It’s worked so far. I’m right because I’m Richard Cranium and I know everything!