Utah's Great Salt Lake is on the verge of collapse, and could expose millions to arsenic laced dust

Jan 11, 2023
Visit site
Very sad. But I really don't care anymore because the people of Utah continually vote for republicans who deny global climate change. I don't care if they and their children suck arsenic into their lungs. I'm just sorry those of us who are trying to save this planet must suffer because of their ignorance. All republicans care about is getting money from the dirty corporations they do not care about the planet or people.

Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
If We were to simply fill in the deepest parts with ballast (utilizing the many existing rock industries in Utah) from the nearby Stansbury formation, we could then better establish a desired shoreline. Topography of the lake bottom reveals two peanut shaped depressions. One north of the causeway and one bigger about half-way between Antilope Island and the Stansbury formation. Both are about 30 feet deep I believe. Whoever built that causeway, that was no simple undertaking. I think it’s a solution to the problem. My theory is, regardless of how much it costs, when compared to water, in time rock won't evaporate.

Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
Very sad. But I really don't care anymore because the people of Utah continually vote for republicans who deny global climate change. I don't care if they and their children suck arsenic into their lungs. I'm just sorry those of us who are trying to save this planet must suffer because of their ignorance. All republicans care about is getting money from the dirty corporations they do not care about the planet or people.

Donkey Cong caricature.

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
Really sad But given that Utahans consistently elect republicans who reject the science of climate change, I honestly don't give a damn any more. I don't care if they inhale arsenic via their lungs or those of their kids. I just regret that those of us attempting to save the earth must endure the consequences of their ignorance. Republicans don't care about the environment or people; all they worry about is obtaining money from the unethical corporations.