UFOs

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.

Are UFOs extra-planetary craft?

• Yes, definitely off planet.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, they can be explained by natural or human-created phenomena,

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • We don't have enough information yet to know.

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
My Dad was a Meteorologist for 34 years from 1942 till 1976 in southern Indiana. I remember going out to the airport where the weathermen would launch rather large balloons where they would then TRACK the balloon with a small telescope to calculate the wind direction and approximate speed. I always wondered if what we saw back them were weather balloons. As the climbed into a less dense atmosphere, the would expand getting much larger until eventually bursting. As to alien beings, my take is they would have to be animate creatures with a "life span". The vastness of space would virtually preclude anything LIVING long enough in the time frames required for s[ace travel to make it to Earth. At the speed of light, the next nearest star is 4.3 LIGHT YEARS away. None of our other planets in our solar system seem capable of sustaining any life forms of which we know. Very interesting subject, though.
Most of what you say I agree with. Given the Big Bang theory, it is clear all things (energy or matter or both) were created at the "same" time. In order for a planet to form, a Sun/Star must exist first to be the furnace that takes in fuel of some kind and generates the heavy elements that exist on our Periodic Table. We have seen stars die, but we have never seen one born. We know that early physicists theorized that gravity would eventually slow the expansion of the universe and then force it to contract. Yet physical observations using the Laws of Planetary Motion clearly show that not only is the universe not slowing down or contracting, the expansion of the Universe is "accelerating. One day our descendants will look up to a sky with no stars, planets, galaxies, or nebulae. So the 4.3 light years will grow overtime. Given the young age of the universe, deadly loose particles/waves (radiation) exist throughout the universe. Tests have proven that short term presence in our local space have many detrimental biological effects and potentially more over a longer period of time. This happens in the absence of dense radiation fields we would encounter on a long journey (4.3+ light years) outside our planetary system as well as moving physical objects (rogue planets, asteroids, comets, stars and others) in our path. To survive such a journey you must have impenetrable shielding, an infinite oxygen supply, food, fuel, and artificial gravity at a minimum. Are there systems out there that have existed long enough since the Big Bang to create beings that can overcome such major obstacles?

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
My Dad was a Meteorologist for 34 years from 1942 till 1976 in southern Indiana. I remember going out to the airport where the weathermen would launch rather large balloons where they would then TRACK the balloon with a small telescope to calculate the wind direction and approximate speed. I always wondered if what we saw back them were weather balloons. As the climbed into a less dense atmosphere, the would expand getting much larger until eventually bursting. As to alien beings, my take is they would have to be animate creatures with a "life span". The vastness of space would virtually preclude anything LIVING long enough in the time frames required for s[ace travel to make it to Earth. At the speed of light, the next nearest star is 4.3 LIGHT YEARS away. None of our other planets in our solar system seem capable of sustaining any life forms of which we know. Very interesting subject, though.
We now know that there is evidence that our abstract measurement, "Speed of Light", is not a true limit. There are things that actually exceed the speed of light.

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
What if they are future us which would be from Earth. Just showing up to adjust the time line to tweek their future. How does anyone know. Giving inspiration to people, like George Washington for example. To insure a proper future. All I'm saying is anything is possible.
Is it a proven fact or law that anything is possible? Can something defy all established universal laws if that is required to make something possible?

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
The government seems to want the general public out of the loop, interesting video on U-Tube on UFO's and an Aircraft carrier off southern California coast. Might have been 2014 ? Carrier group was shadowed for three days , interceptors were sent up and the objects performed manuevrs that would have turned a human occupant into paste because of the :G: forces that would have been generated ! Alien most likely I think , Black project ? , we may not have that advanced technology yet unless SOMEBODY gave it to us on purpose or otherwise !
I believe if they are alien they are not hostile because they have been around long enough to have shown that beyond a doubt ! Probably drones keeping this race of beings under observation maybe because of all the conflict on this planet !
There is another plausible explanation. Governments are slowly exposing the people to the idea of extraterrestrial visitation or unknown terrestrial activity in the belief that if such a truth came out, the public could not handle it. Why would such an object expose itself for a long period of time to a platform with the organic ability to track and study the objects behavior and limitations. This information could support development of new weapons (Lasers?) that could attack and destroy the object. Remember,all things cannot defy the laws of physics, though advanced technology can be use to mitigate such limitations.

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Yes I agree and sometimes I think aliens are allready here ,sometimes I think also that UFOS have crossed over to advanced robots ! never know :)
Through studies of old artifacts and writings, it can be said that our civilization is not the first to exist on Earth. Maybe one day ours will be gone and rot into non-existence. Our recorded history kept as books, hard drives, metal etchings, or other media will all disintegrate over hundreds of thousands of years. Those before us used the one media to pass along information that could last until the next civilization...the Earth itself...stone. Even stone wears over time which is why the history obtained from them is very incomplete. The Nazca lines, pyramids, ancient stone tablets, and deep cave paintings using long lasting paint are examples of this.

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
You lost me at "I believe" :)
Why do we need alien technology to destroy a foe or the Earth itself? We already have the weapons to do that, such as 30,000 nuclear warheads, planet killer radiation bombs (Iodine, Cadmium,Thorium), bacterial and viral vectors, and other insidious methods.

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Yes I agree and sometimes I think aliens are allready here ,sometimes I think also that UFOS have crossed over to advanced robots ! never know :)
The existence of the Holy Story and God can be proven through logical inference (a story for discussion elsewhere). Ancient paintings and scrolls describe the War of Heaven as using things that look like space fighter aircraft shooting at each other. Are these piloted by God's first creation, the Angels? Are UFOs created and piloted by Angels whom God left here to look over the Earth? Do they live in an artificial satellite called the Moon? We fired a missile into a crater on the moon it rang like a bell for days, something a hollow sphere would do. Did you know that the size of our moon is exceptionally larger than every other moon observed by astronomers. I must admit as a professional that most of this is speculation or imagination, however that does not mean it should be offhand excluded from any scientific study.

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Rationally, I'm supposed to say that we don't have enough info to determine this either way...but, like, it has to be from another planet. UFOs in general have to be from somewhere out there!
First you have to prove UFOs are physical manifestations and that are they are factually extraterrestrial...neither of which is proven. Then again maybe you are right.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
The Theory of Time Travel is just that, a theory with no factual evidence to support it as of now. Einstein's General Theory of Relatively would have to, again, be modified to support such a theory. What has fascinated me is the idea that we exist only in this moment. We no longer exist in the moment before and the next moment does not yet exist and depends on choices made in the previous moment. Even the most hardcore physicists are beginning to accept the idea that time is linear segments, not a third dimension. However, sufficient mathematical data exists that there are multiple dimensions (up to eleven) referred to as parallel universes. Yet, like black matter, we have no physical observations that they exist outside mathematical predictions. The mathematical quandary that aggravates me the most is whether 1 = 1 is really true or an abstract by created by Man to make the infinite measurable and comprehensible. Hmm......
Supposedly there was a survivor to the Philadelphia experiment that claimed time travel. In order to justify debunking we rely on science. Yet science could not explain what happened

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
It's funny it can make science a hipacrit for not knowing or explaining but debunking. Like what the church did to witches because they couldn't answer the questions.. that's when science repeats history. A circle that goes nowhere and deletes not moving forward.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
There have been sightings in the past in which there was no debate as to their existence...as physical nuts and bolts objects. If you look into the ufo flyovers of Washington DC in 1952, you will read all about the various pieces of evidence, and that there really were "things" flying in a no fly zone above our capital. What makes the story really interesting is the press conference that followed, and what Major General John Samford said about the recent sightings at that press conference.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MbGYAv7Cg
...Basically the US government disclosed UFO reality, and never spoke of UFO's again. Ironic that the NSA was created 4 months after that, and also ironic that the guy giving this press conference on UFO's became the director for the NSA four years later. So if you read into the official reports on those past sightings from official military pilots, astronauts, etc, they describe vehicles which would be submerged under water, then fly through the atmosphere at thousands of miles an hour, then fly into space. We don't have vehicles that can do that now, but these verifyable sightings were occurring in the 50s, 60s, and up to current times. I think the "alien" classification might be somewhat limited though. What if these objects are like the dendritic cells in our bodies? Perhaps tending to the "infection" of nuclear explosion tests that were frequent in those days. Or maybe they are "humans" that managed to cross over from a parallel universe, or like another poster mentioned ..perhaps time travelers from the future. The answers may be even stranger than we are prepared to hear.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
The government seems to want the general public out of the loop, interesting video on U-Tube on UFO's and an Aircraft carrier off southern California coast. Might have been 2014 ? Carrier group was shadowed for three days , interceptors were sent up and the objects performed manuevrs that would have turned a human occupant into paste because of the :G: forces that would have been generated ! Alien most likely I think , Black project ? , we may not have that advanced technology yet unless SOMEBODY gave it to us on purpose or otherwise !
I believe if they are alien they are not hostile because they have been around long enough to have shown that beyond a doubt ! Probably drones keeping this race of beings under observation maybe because of all the conflict on this planet !
O
I think earth is hiding a lot of technology , and we are far more advanced then goverments or Nasa area 51 lets on come on look at some of the things we new about magnets in the 60's now quantum computers hey guys were not hearing it all ! :)

I would say off planet, interdimensional and some also may be from our governments that were reverse engineered. But I have seen something somewhere where Eisenhower signed some kind of pack with the Greys. Actually I think there is some kind of show on the History channel about it now. Not Ancient Aliens which I love but another one. I can't think of it off the top of my head.

It is obvious to see that something is going on unless you live under a rock.lol!

The publicly scrutinizable science community hasn't effectively been involved in the UFO question. It has been a no go area for various reasons since UFO's were first brought to the public's attention. There is a wealth of information and material that could be scientifically investigated, but sadly the study of UFO's is left mainly to underfunded hobbyists and groups. The scientific community appear not to want to know anything about UFO's or to see any real science applied to the subject, with only a very few exceptions. Ridicule is widespread and the subject attracts cranks, fraudsters, practical jokers and crackpots too....and I would say the questions in the poll above are the wrong ones.

There is MUFON.

I believe UFOs are real unidentified craft but do not know if the source is an Earth base or another planet. It seems they are operated by an advanced civilization and I suspect they have a very low opinion of the decadent dangerous human species. I think their mission is to ensure humans do not escape from Earth and contaminate the entire solar system, or possibly cause another type of disaster. Personally, I share their very low opinion of the human race and I can understand why aliens would want to keep humans captive on this planet. The US and other nations would certainly exploit any alien advanced technology for new weapons to be used in human warfare. This is why they have not bothered to make contact, that is of no interest to them
I can go on and on but I think my opinion is clear.

I think their are many races of extraterrestrials that watch the Earth. Some Malevolent and some Benevolent. Apparently the ones from Draco or the Reptilians are the ones who want to control the Earth and who have taught humans war. The good ones are apparently part of something called the Galactic Federation which has ones such as the Pleadians, Nordics, and a few others. Yea sounds a lot like Star Wars. Who knows maybe the original writer of Star Wars had some inside information most slaves and serfs aren't told.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
The Theory of Time Travel is just that, a theory with no factual evidence to support it as of now. Einstein's General Theory of Relatively would have to, again, be modified to support such a theory. What has fascinated me is the idea that we exist only in this moment. We no longer exist in the moment before and the next moment does not yet exist and depends on choices made in the previous moment. Even the most hardcore physicists are beginning to accept the idea that time is linear segments, not a third dimension. However, sufficient mathematical data exists that there are multiple dimensions (up to eleven) referred to as parallel universes. Yet, like black matter, we have no physical observations that they exist outside mathematical predictions. The mathematical quandary that aggravates me the most is whether 1 = 1 is really true or an abstract by created by Man to make the infinite measurable and comprehensible. Hmm......
for me the Philadelphia experiment comes to mind and supposedly there was a survivor who claimed time travel. Hear say, still a witness to that event.

Latest posts