This Brainless, Single-Celled Blob Can Make Complex 'Decisions'

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Might this have implications for the concept of "consciousness?" Does it originate in the brain or is the brain a receiver?
The current scientific research, primarily from peer reviewed Chinese papers on bio-sciences and neurology, provides significant data supporting the hypothesis that the brain is a data storage, data organization, and and data delivery organ. Obviously, the "code and information" that controls data retrieval, organization, and transmission (thoughs and memories) could possibly be occur elsewhere in the human body. That is an area of future studies.

Reactions: petra4

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks, know how tempting it is, but friendly reminder that the Live Science forums are for discussing science, not politics. We've removed some off topic political commentary from this thread. :)

Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
Definitely makes the case for consciesnes being outside the body.
Or that the cell and we are constructs of consciousness (once we have a scientific definition for consciousness)

The current scientific research, primarily from peer reviewed Chinese papers on bio-sciences and neurology, provides significant data supporting the hypothesis that the brain is a data storage, data organization, and and data delivery organ. Obviously, the "code and information" that controls data retrieval, organization, and transmission (thoughs and memories) could possibly be occur elsewhere in the human body. That is an area of future studies.
We're pretty much getting close to that point already. However, the brain is so sophisticated, that it can model most of our processes and even image recognition and some "intentional" behavior that it continues to not be ruled out as the sole cause of "mind". Beyond the "turing machine" look, or bio-electrical, it is possibly a quantum computer as well. So it is very sophisticated and has an emergent property. But there's probably more than the brain to our mind. The problem is, we don't have a good enough way to experiment around alternatives. We're missing some tools to get there right now. I suspect some path of quantum computation will get us there.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi, great video... I was wondering if anyone can spot the coccidioides immitis within the specimen? It may be the cause of the movement. I have this too, and have been researching for a couple of years. It is quite painful at times, and I was wondering if the S. Roeslii can respond to stimuli. I also am curious about the tiny mobile 'creatures' swimming around outside... can anyone i.d. them? I have a video of them *it may also be cocci... swimming inside of a fiber ball, dipped in alcohol... 1000x . They are quite fast and obviously aggitated by the alcohol, however it doesn't kill them.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi, great video... I was wondering if anyone can spot the coccidioides immitis within the specimen? It may be the cause of the movement. I have this too, and have been researching for a couple of years. It is quite painful at times, and I was wondering if the S. Roeslii can respond to stimuli. I also am curious about the tiny mobile 'creatures' swimming around outside... can anyone i.d. them? I have a video of them *it may also be cocci... swimming inside of a fiber ball, dipped in alcohol... 1000x . They are quite fast and obviously aggitated by the alcohol, however it doesn't kill them.
After review, the whole artifact that has captured the S. Roeslii is in fact coccidioides immitis. I have many photos of the various stages. You can spot them in the photo in various places. I believe the cocci. has captured the S. Roeslii, and is driving it so to speak... its a very invasive dimorphic fungi. 1576120840912.png1576121715930.png1576121019183.png

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
1576792177988.png1576792203335.pngHere are 2 stills from the video. This is the very organism that I am infected with. It seems to know no bounds unfortunately. After discovering this cocci. 12 7 yrs. ago, there still is no vaccine, nor a cure. Dogs, cats are even more susceptable to the infecion than humans. The numbers are rising rapidly. In 2013 5,500 were reported, now 15,000 reported yearly. And many more (like myself) are unreported.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
View attachment 38View attachment 39Here are 2 stills from the video. This is the very organism that I am infected with. It seems to know no bounds unfortunately. After discovering this cocci. 12 7 yrs. ago, there still is no vaccine, nor a cure. Dogs, cats are even more susceptable to the infecion than humans. The numbers are rising rapidly. In 2013 5,500 were reported, now 15,000 reported yearly. And many more (like myself) are unreported.
OH WOW. So, may I ask how do you manage it (if at all)?

After review, the whole artifact that has captured the S. Roeslii is in fact coccidioides immitis. I have many photos of the various stages. You can spot them in the photo in various places. I believe the cocci. has captured the S. Roeslii, and is driving it so to speak... its a very invasive dimorphic fungi. View attachment 20View attachment 22View attachment 21

It looks somewhat like Morgellons disease. Have you heard of that?