Theoretically , would time behave differently in different parts of a galaxy?

I’m watching Star Wars and I’m trying to come up with a theory that time moves differently in very different places over a VAST distance. One planet in one part of the galaxy can experience time slower due to gravitationally time dilation but instead of several hours, this could be extended on a galactic scale to be several days or months. Is their any other scientific evidence I can research that can support this? I know Star Wars really doesn’t have a basis in science but I love Science and I love Star Wars over Star Trek so I’m sticking with this.

Evidently, this happens all the time and everywhere. The say the evidence is overwhelming.

You should be good to go. But they do give a warning. Don't catch yourself coming and don't catch yourself going.

ZipFile

BANNED
Aug 16, 2020
Visit site
I’m watching Star Wars and I’m trying to come up with a theory that time moves differently in very different places over a VAST distance. One planet in one part of the galaxy can experience time slower due to gravitationally time dilation but instead of several hours, this could be extended on a galactic scale to be several days or months. Is their any other scientific evidence I can research that can support this? I know Star Wars really doesn’t have a basis in science but I love Science and I love Star Wars over Star Trek so I’m sticking with this.
An answer might be possible if there was any effective definition of time in the first place, noting that the answer to this might well involve visiting different places to observe. Nothing about the New World was knowable from Spain

Aug 2, 2020
Visit site
One planet in one part of the galaxy can experience time slower due to gravitationally time dilation but instead of several hours, this could be extended on a galactic scale to be several days or months.
Correct, BUT, someone in that part of the galaxy wouldn't notice this. Do you notice that time moves differently for you than it does for an object closer to a black hole? One would only notice this difference if there was some way of comparing the two different rates. Once you were in that other part of the galaxy, that movement of time would be your "normal."