The Sirtfood Diet: What is it and is it safe?

From the article "The Sirtfood Diet encourages participants to cut down their calorie intake to 1000kcals for the first three days of ‘phase one’ — a week-long period where you drink lots of green juice and exercise daily. Your calorie intake is then increased to 1500kcals for the remainder of phase one. "

My understanding over the years is you require 1500cals/ day to maintain body function such as breathing, brain function etc... The following link is a little different so maybe my figure was for sleeping 24hrs/ day.

"The amount of food we consume daily has a significant impact on bodily function. Most adults need a minimum of 2000 calories to sustain metabolism, muscle activity, and brain function. "

https://www.news-medical.net/health/How-Many-Calories-Should-You-Eat-Per-Day.aspx

I feel a little uncomfortable that a pro-1k-1.5k diet is reviewed (not overly negative).... It could lead some people to very poor choices inadvertently.

Sep 28, 2022
Visit site
Discover the original international diet sensation—used by Adele, UFC champion Conor McGregor, and Pippa Middleton—that will help you lose seven pounds in seven days while experiencing lasting energy and eating all the foods you love.Over the past few years, fasting has become a popular diet option.

Price Chopper Direct Connect