The infinite universe, and the endless number of parallel universes

yfm

Oct 2, 2020
Hello,
I'm not a scientist, but I wondered if there are any theories about the universe expanding to the point that all comes together, again, at the "equilibrium" point. And, then, a new big bang, and a new set of laws emerge making it an infinite cycle: each time, a different experience.

My second question is about time. I wondered if there are any theories about time being not existent. What if the past, present, and future are all happening at once. And there are endless parallel static universes that we keep jumping millions of times per second, and give us the impression of experiencing time, but it's just an illusion.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020
There are no parallel universes in the way that is typically imagined. Every universe is uniquely constrained by relative finite observation of infinity, and contextualized by choice. Time is real, and in fundamental spacetime time and space are both infinite, contextualizing each other through perfect symmetry. In order to have a finite observation of an infinite reality, limitations are required, hence the cosmic speed limit. But theorists have erred in assuming branching realities based on choice; realities diverge based on precise rules of observation that act as a constraint on our observation of infinity. Otherwise finite existence would not be possible.

ASK THE COMMUNITY