The coronavirus did not escape from a lab. Here's how we know.

Page 4 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Chinese reasearchers and facilities in the field of corona viruses and other pathogenic micro-organisms is world class. They don't just drop vials willy nilly or let bugs escape. They are also experts at containment and managing this type of disease outbreak on a grand scale. Irrespective of any research on the virus and whether it escaped from a Research lab, Bio-weapons lab or emanated from a wet market. The mere fact that the Chinese government hid the outbreak and silenced the whistle blowers, refused assistance, would not provide samples and kicked outforeign journalists is an act, at best of gross criminal neglect and at worst of deliberate foul play with the intention to do harm on a grand scale. They clearly did not have the interests of the rest of the world at heart when they pretended that all was okay. The WHO has been absolutely pathetic throughout this entire process. Oopsy China! Well done China! Thank-you China! Test! Test! Test! Those APOLOGIZING for the perpetrators of this monstrous act of duplicity are the real CONSPIRATORS!

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Interesting article, but none of this proves definitively that the virus didn't come from a lab. If I were a government trying to design a virus, I would also try to obfuscate its origin. Just because some model epidemiologists have access to doesn't predict the function of the virus doesn't mean some military bioweapons unit doesn't have more advanced tools. Also, the idea that a known deadly virus would be the starting point for a design of a bioweapon is lacking in rigor, too. You might want to start from transmissibility and modify the specimen to be more deady.

I don't tend to dwell in such conspiracy theories because, if it did come from a secret government lab, we will probably never know. Still, can't rule out the possibility. The more pressing concern is how to reduce the loss of life and economic damage that this virus is currently causing and leave the suspicions for when there are more clear signs of human-creation or when we aren't overwhelmed dealing with the fallout.

Reactions: QuantumCorvax
Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
The article should say that it is unlikely that the virus came from a lab rather than certain it didn't. None of what I read confirms this wasn't human-designed or human-guided (artificial selection).

It's like the author forgot something called "selective breeding" exists, which can produce unexpected but desirable results toward an end goal. If I were setting up a bioweapons lab without financial constraints, I would have projects that employed both top-down and bottom-up approaches.

Reactions: QuantumCorvax
Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Oh lord, this article....
I mean, you don´t trust media, while you post an article from media giving 50% right-false ?
Please excuse me, one of my studies is Molecular Biology:CRISPR Gene-edit and when I read through this article posted from the creator of this forum topic, it hurts my eyes and my brain.

First of all, this article is mainly based NOT on proofed facts. By facts, now we know that the CoviD-19 virus came most likely from a honey-badger and NOT bats.... and still this it NOT a confirmed fact. Only an estimation created by opportunities of information we have. Creating higher and lower priorities in success for a given information.
To call something a "proof" is a clear regulation of a level of information to estimate it as a proof, by government... the same counts for medicine, as of when to call a patient sick and when not... even tho you are healthy because if a doctor wants, there is always something "not perfect" in your body and therefore "sick"... right?

Second, if you successfully edit a genome of a virus, such as the Coronavirus, not even the craziest Einstein genius could ever tell, by any existing analyzing method, if it was engineered or not. Unless it has been manipulated and this is a HUGE difference in Gene-edit...
Because the one "manipulated" needs additional methods to work, such as the use of Glyphosat on genetically modified corn for example, while the other one, if done correctly, will be impossible to say if it was editted.

There are also some breeds of potato on the market, that have been genetically EDITED and not modified. That means, noone could ever tell if it was edited or not, because the edit was proper and working. No additional whatever needed in order to function.

And this is the dangerous aspect with this kind of techniques because, and again, if it is done correct and successful, noone can tell if it was edited or not, as long as there are no official registers on that and no additional methods/substances/whatever are needed in order to make it work..... by this things i hate the WHO because they lay huge bricks in the way of medicine becoming better. Rather keep the industry market pumping instead of fueling actual, potent cures for cancer, HIV etc...

By officials, it is a KNOWN FACT that L-4 containments worldwide are working on manufacturing corona-viruses. In the circle of virologists and gene-edit, a coronavirus is known as a one of the most potent vectors for transmitting genetic bluetprints (RNA).

Here you have a list of previous patents regarding the coronavirus. Just because it was said that noone handled them in-vito claiming it to "debunk" a conspiracy.

I am sorry guys, noone can truly "debunk" it till today....
( About 16,575 results for coronavirus in official patent archives )

Edit: typos

+ Whatever the "facts" are.
FACT IS:

that the Chinese government directly supported a spread of the virus worldwide by censoring any real announcements about this new virus, silencing people who did....

Now look at this

This a the analyse of a decline of !! 21 million !! accounts for smartphones in China. This does NOT mean, that many less people used internet, that means less accounts.
They quit the account either personally, by government, of by death.

Do you really believe 0 new infections in China today?.... less people died then in Italy?....

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
This is proof of nothing ofc they could have had the virus in the lab and ofc they could have made it to be naturally consistent or even released a naturally sourced virus. It would be wise to make it look natural anyway for deniabilty This is not science but wishful thinking

Reactions: sciencecompliance
Nov 28, 2019
Visit site
THis Chinse Virus is either man-made or escaped from the lab or both. So, all of a sudden a virus just manifested itself. Tell that to the dogs and if dogs heard you say that, they probably won't believe it.
Please show me where you obtained your information. Are you a medical professional who works on these things? I can state that the Earth is actually hollow and filled with marshmallows if I am not forced to provide any backup.

Nov 28, 2019
Visit site
So you're teling me...The natural virus magically developed and evolved into a New Virus that targets a receptor on the outside of human cells. AND YOU took it upon yourself to say that ONLY because the computer simulator doesn't say that this should happen...It wasn't man made. But yet the virus has had key letter changes in the genetic code.

There is no correlation bro you're not making any sense.Why would THE COMPUTER SHOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN IF THERE HAS BEEN SEVERAL GENETIC CHANGES?? WHY would scientist DELIBERATELY Leave room for anyone to see in the first place?! CMON GUYS READ BETWEEN THE LINES BRO THIS ISN'T RANDOM/NATURAL.....It's hidden in plain site , The natural virus just "Evolved" Out of no where with changes to GENETIC code and Can't be simulated on a computer. -__-
Yup, correct. Viruses and all other life evolves. You apparently have zero background in this facet of science, and provide zero backup for your claim.
Please show me where you obtained your information. I can state that the Earth is actually hollow and filled with marshmallows if I am not forced to provide any backup.

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
Yup, correct. Viruses and all other life evolves. You apparently have zero background in this facet of science, and provide zero backup for your claim.
Please show me where you obtained your information. I can state that the Earth is actually hollow and filled with marshmallows if I am not forced to provide any backup.
Viruses are complex molecular machines, as are all living cells. While there is room for adaptation built into the system, the system itself has not been demonstrated to be able to spontaneously generate.

If you think otherwise, cite the published, peer-reviewed report that documents the observation of a complex molecular machine spontaneously generating.

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
A persistent coronavirus myth that this virus, called SARS-CoV-2, was made by scientists and escaped from a lab in Wuhan is completely unfounded. Here's how we know.

The coronavirus did not escape from a lab. Here's how we know. : Read more
I disagree based on "Common Sense". The Scientists are saying it "Miraculously" came from bats. The same bats that have been around forever and "Amazingly" this Virus never happened in the past. It just so happened that after thousands and thousands of years, that suddenly, this one bat decided to spread the virus. This one bat picked a location in China that just so happened to have a lab that experiments with Viruses. OK George, yea, I believe yah. Whatever.

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Definitely there is the hand of the human being, the dangerous and deadliest species on the Earth.

Otherwise, how the name of this city and the laboratory came in to the picture, general commonsense point of view..

Only the people involved know the truth and the rest is al guessing and imagination.

Apologies, if I am wrong.
Regards
Uma

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
A persistent coronavirus myth that this virus, called SARS-CoV-2, was made by scientists and escaped from a lab in Wuhan is completely unfounded. Here's how we know.

What you can say is that this virus *appears to have evolved or occurred naturally"....But that does not even disqualify the possibility that it escaped from the BSL-4 lab in Wuhan , where they have been experimenting with different strains of this virus for 20 years. According to one Professor of Neurobiology , there have been 4 instances of these pathogens escaping their lab, as well as some of the technicians were selling lab animals at the market they first suspected the outbreak started. Which means , some of the animals were eaten by people. But the clincher is the the foremost expert on corona viruses who previously created a version of this thing ...that was very similar to COVID 19 , just so happens to be working at the Wuhan lab which just happened to be at the epicenter of the outbreak....Funny thing so many coincidences coming together here.
Of course if you were a detective and all the evidence points toward it's having escaped this lab with so many past "accidents" and conspiracies ..that it can't possibly have done that...Because it looks like it evolved natural...Aw ahucks ...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020
Visit site

"Another nail in the "escaped from evil lab" theory? The overall molecular structure of this virus is distinct from the known coronaviruses and instead most closely resembles viruses found in bats and pangolins that had been little studied and never known to cause humans any harm.
"If someone were seeking to engineer a new coronavirus as a pathogen, they would have constructed it from the backbone of a virus known to cause illness... - Livescience"

But this is exactly what was done in a lab in 2015 and published in Nature medicine!

"Therefore, to examine the emergence potential (that is, the potential to infect humans) of circulating bat CoVs, we built a chimeric virus encoding a novel, zoonotic CoV spike protein—from the RsSHC014-CoV sequence that was isolated from Chinese horseshoe bats1—in the context of the SARS-CoV mouse-adapted backbone. The hybrid virus allowed us to evaluate the ability of the novel spike protein to cause disease independently of other necessary adaptive mutations in its natural backbone." *

*Menachery, V., Yount, B., Debbink, K. et al. A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence.Nat Med 21, 1508–1513 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1038/nm.3985
**https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

Covid 19 certainly wasn't created in a lab. This is quite a different statement than to say it didn't escape from a lab.

Case in point is HIV, which also wasn't created in a lab, but was in fact ???inadvertently??? communicated into the human population in the 1950's by means of contamination of polio vaccine by a virus known early on as "SV-40". While SV-40 originated in nature from chimpanzees, it nevertheless was introduced into human populations by means of a laboratory produced product: the Salk polio vaccine.

I find it still unlikely that COVID 19 originated in the aforementioned fashion from a lab; it most likely did in fact enter the human population via product sold in a Wuhan fish market.

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site

We know it's not engineered, because's it's a 96% genetic match to the original SARS virus, and we know that comes from a Bat virus. We don't know where the other 4% of the virus genome came from, but basically SARS Coronavirus 2 is a direct Genetic descendant of the original SARS virus. It just mutated a few times and lay dormant for almost two decades in some animal somewhere, before eventually mutating back into a human form.

So yes, the full scientific name is "Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2" because it is a direct 96% genetic descendant of SARS.

It wasn't engineered in a laboratory, as it's unlikely anyone besides perhaps ONE man in the world knows enough about viruses to have done such a thing, and he's a Chinese American who's trying to engineer a "Universal Vaccine" to the flu, so I highly doubt he'd be immoral enough to engineer SARS Coronavirus 2 even if he could. Immoral people tend to be too stupid to invent bio-engineering techniques. He has engineered a "Perfect flu strain" for the purpose of demonstrating that a vaccine could be created even for that, but he then immediately destroyed the sample after proving a vaccine could be created even for that, the purpose being a Universal Vaccine needs to kill even the worst imaginable flu strain. His goal is a "once in a lifetime" vaccine for the flu which will kill all future flu strains.

Anyway, SARS 2 is more genetically related to HIV/AIDS than it is the flu. SARS/SARS 2 is an RNA Retrovirus which attacks the immune system. This is why interferon and certain other HIV/AIDS anti-virals appear to work on SARS Coronavirus 2, at least to some extent.

====

By the way, the flu mutates between humans and animals all the time. There are literally at least 64 families of flu viruses in any given year, and in any given year we now vaccinate for four flu strains that are predicted to be the most virulent each year. This year, the vaccine didn't take well, and the H1N1A strain mutated in an unpredictable way, so the vaccine was mostly useless against that strain. the H1N1A strain is usually the most deadly strain among humans in any given year, but not always, but the vaccine always contains an H1N1A strain and three other strains predicted to be bad for that year.

Anyway, just because SARS mutated a few unpredictable times since it was first discovered doesn't suggest it was bio-engineered by anybody. That's simply ridiculous, and again I doubt anybody is smart enough to engineer a SARS strain virus. It's simply beyond human comprehension at this point, and probably always will be. There are over 3000 RNA genes in SARS/SARS 2 and we understand like literally one or two of them.....even after 100 years we only understand a handful of the genes that make the Flu work, so obviously nobody understands SARS/SARS 2....

If engineering a virus were as simple as an evil person wanting to do that, then every evil dictator in the world would have already done that anyway, and obviously they haven't. When world governments make bioweapons they basically work with biological agents that already exist in nature, such as anthrax, they don't engineer something from scratch, because nobody is smart enough to do that, and it's unlikely any human will ever be smart enough to engineer a retrovirus even a million years from now...

Again, evil people tend to be too stupid and not dedicated enough to bio-engineer anything anyway. Evil people tend to be lazy and steal other people's work, or example, rather than doing the work themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: jungki
Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
I still will observe and wait for more information. The fact that Wuhan has a level 4 lab in place (known since the 80s) is still troubling imho. Maybe they just had the virus intact as is and were studying it. Seems coincidental to me. But hey you guys are scientists, and you're always right. And propaganda doesn't exist. Stay calm sheep.
The article took an extra leap "Never Known". Humm, how does LiveScience or the researchers "Know" what's going on in military or other labs in China? Reminder China is a totalitarian Communist dictatorship, give that a bit of thought when saying known or never known.

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
Covid 19 certainly wasn't created in a lab. This is quite a different statement than to say it didn't escape from a lab... I find it still unlikely that COVID 19 originated in the aforementioned fashion from a lab; it most likely did in fact enter the human population via product sold in a Wuhan fish market.

It is not possible to be any more irrational, it has been stated above and well documented in public peer reviewed papers, linked here ( https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985) that it was first created in a lab! This Livescience article is pure propaganda, wake up!

"Therefore, to examine the emergence potential (that is, the potential to infect humans) of circulating bat CoVs, we built a chimeric virus encoding a novel, zoonotic CoV spike protein—from the RsSHC014-CoV sequence that was isolated from Chinese horseshoe bats1—in the context of the SARS-CoV mouse-adapted backbone. The hybrid virus allowed us to evaluate the ability of the novel spike protein to cause disease independently of other necessary adaptive mutations in its natural backbone." *

*Menachery, V., Yount, B., Debbink, K. et al. A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence.Nat Med 21, 1508–1513 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1038/nm.3985

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
We know it's not engineered, because's it's a 96% genetic match to the original SARS virus, and we know that comes from a Bat virus... Again, evil people tend to be too stupid and not dedicated enough to bio-engineer anything anyway. Evil people tend to be lazy and steal other people's work, or example, rather than doing the work themselves.

This in another silly comment. It is well documented in the literature that this "novel" virus was first created in a lab in 2015. This LiveScience articles is propaganda, wake up or catch up, this site is not about science!

Just in case the Wuhan connection isn't clear they are listed as authors and contributors* in the published paper!

*Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
  • Xing-Yi Ge
  • & Zhengli-Li Shi

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020
Visit site

Still running this?! If you say it enough times people will believe it and thus make it true..more fake news..thanks! This is proof?! It is so effective at attaching to human cells that the researchers said the spike proteins were the result of natural selection and not genetic engineering. ..... The wheel is not man-made because it's more efficient than anything man could possibly invent. The world is flat cause us "experts" say so! and nobody is smarter than us!

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
I did some research on Huwan China and found that there is a virology lab in the city. Is that just a coincidence? I don't believe that this is NOT man-made. Haven't most of the viruses that humans have had to contend with been from China?

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
I'm not an expert but the article "Synthetic recombinant bat SARS-like coronavirus is infectious in cultured cells and in mice" published 13 years ago outlines a bunch of the nasty features of this particular virus, including the ace2 receptor making it more infectious. Anyone can see they've been working on this "super cold" that just happens to be nastier in people with blood pressure issues like the old, and there's too many boomers and not enough Medicare. One generation trying to force 3 after it to pay for their retirement healthcare, and they amount to probably 2/3 of the healthcare costs in the US that can't be recovered most of the time after they die. The US makes tons of bioagents, John's Hopkins advertises their "Dual Use" studies which is basically making a bioweapon then a vaccine. To say it couldn't have been engineered because the weapons engineer would have chosen a backbone that's "known" to infect humans is stupid, who knows what models China and the US have as both countries have been caught experimenting on humans at one point or another and to say they dont still do it is naive.

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
No one ever said this virus was made in a lab. People said the virus was naturally occurring, was being studied in the lab in Wuhan. The story is that they were testing animal transmission of the virus. The dead infected animals were then sold in the Wuhan dead animal market instead of being destroyed.
Why are you lying? there are scientific papers some of which are linked that SAY they took a bat coronavirus and created a chimera....Shi Zhengli look up her published works before you call me out. Get your facts straight mate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.