The Best Gifts for Science Nerds and Geeks

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
I think you should take the bat off your list.

(1) It's not a vampire bat (real vampires don't have a tail membrane). It's likely some Asian insectivore.

(2) Bats in resin aren't harvested sustainably, and many bats are endangered. It's not an ethical or responsible gift at all. If you want to know more, here's a resource:

Reactions: Hardon Collider
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site

(1) It's not a vampire bat (real vampires don't have a tail membrane). It's likely some Asian insectivore.

(2) Bats in resin aren't harvested sustainably, and many bats are endangered. It's not an ethical or responsible gift at all. If you want to know more, here's a resource:

I kinda agree - dead bats not a good idea.

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site

Hi Dan,

Thanks for pointing this out, we agree that this represents a sensitive conservation issue that we did not recognize, and we've removed the listing.

Best,

Mindy Weisberger
Senior Writer, Live Science

May 28, 2020
Visit site
Check Not-Another-Bill's website, you instantly know you've come to a good place for gifts. Their range covers baby and kids, beauty, games and gift sets with plenty of personalised gifts available. Everything is wonderfully designed and aesthetically pleasing, from a Keith Harry Chess Set to adorable educational playsets for kids. Also Super Mario chess set is tremendously popular. Both of my kids love playing with these high quality Mario pieces as if they were simply action figures. In fact, when he was younger, I think our son thought playing chess literally meant having pretend time with the Mario pieces. So you’re really getting a two-in-one here. And if you want to teach your kid how to play, this set combined with book Chess Puzzles for Kids by Maksim Aksanov (net-bossorg/chess-puzzles-for-kids-by-maksim-aksanov) - It uses a chess teaching method that has been perfected for over a decade, kids will LOVE learning chess through fun stories and exercises.