Spy Satellite Images Uncover Staggering Mount Everest Ice Loss

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
I'm curious to understand why there is just one answer for all changes on the planet. Doesn't science suggest that there could be other explanations for these changes? How about the poles changing? Does the amount of mass appropriated in one location, like China, cause fluctuations in pole changes? I would like to read that all other possibilities have been ruled out.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
I do understand where you are coming from but the evidence of global warming affecting the glaciers can not be ignored. When you have evidence of greenhouse gases like CO2 and Methane trapping heat into the atmosphere and raising the temperature of the Earth, you can't ignore that and think that it is from something else. Because it isn't

JCR

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Our little planet Is millions of years old. We dont really know how its cycles work, we dont know if its human causes or a natural cycle that is accelerating naturally. It's pure arrogance to say our little bit of research in the last 100 yrs tells us anything, our existence and scientific knowledge here is a split second in time compared to the lifespan of Earth.
For these changes in our environment to be used for political purposes and virtue signaling, shaming and making money is shameful.
The fact the noone is speaking of the unforeseen and seemingly self healing of the "ozone hole" over the poles shows me that it's not fitting certain scientific points of view and being ignored.
Further evidence i think that the recent uproar over "climate change" is more about advancing certain groups agendas and not really researching the true causes of these changes.

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
I'm curious to understand why there is just one answer for all changes on the planet. Doesn't science suggest that there could be other explanations for these changes? How about the poles changing? Does the amount of mass appropriated in one location, like China, cause fluctuations in pole changes? I would like to read that all other possibilities have been ruled out.
Aluminum particles ionized by 5g radiowaves frkm the towers all active now in all effects around the world. Aluminum in the sky dumped by UN and governments to CAUSE climate change to CREATE a problem to FIX AND BECOME THE GALVANIZING FORCE. ... not that that makes any more sense then "carbon" becoming the blamed chemical when carbon PROLIFERATES green vegetation growth was any sort of CLUE to as what the lies perpetrated by a Council of rich tightwad corporate sellout demonic skeezers whose mandate was 95 % of earths human population reduced to IN TURN reduce 95% of the frigging pollution as a result. Wow. Ridiculous that people dont see through this kinda garbage. Instead of LOOKING AT THEIR DOCTRINES they assume what sustainable development is actually .... which is in fact a lie hiding agenda 21 and the systematic controlling of a population by means of climate change "movements"
Its not a conspiracy when their BIG ASS DOCTRINE HANDBOOK in which clearly that ted turner states: reduction of 95% of all human life is ideal for the completion of agenda 21." And another member of council adds that its important to make climate change the "new religion" as a result to create the belief that UN is the only means to save a world.... terrible that people like that even BREATHE

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
@JCR and Republican indoctrinates
the only one doing what you say everyone else is doing is your group of Republicans.
science isn't everything but it's also not nothing. you have no idea how science works. your politics is even worse.
the ozone hole may have been healed by the banning of freon. i don't know, but it may not have self-healed.
your age of the earth argument has no merit. nor does the republican "there's always change". change has direction and speed, these can quantified, within error bars. they can be set in historical context, and patterns sometimes emerge. global warming has unprecedented speed. it's not the earth that's in danger. it's human life on earth. shouldn't concern you in the least, since you're obviously not human. oh, your money won't buy you a reprieve from mother nature when she extincts humans. and hiring lawyers won't work.
science brings us hard data, and numbers, in the form of statistics, and we hope, gives us prior warning. politics is the art of doing something about it. the republican attitude of doing nothing is the shameful attitude, the one that is money and agenda driven.
so when you get on your soap box and point fingers and say shame, please point your finger at your own eye.

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
I'm curious as to what the "one answer" is that you are referring to. Wow, you science deniers are quite sensitive these days! The article mentioned no causes. It merely described what is happening and what the consequences could be, eg, less fresh water.
I also find it ironic that there are so many of you on an actual science website.

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Our little planet Is millions of years old. We dont really know how its cycles work, we dont know if its human causes or a natural cycle that is accelerating naturally. It's pure arrogance to say our little bit of research in the last 100 yrs tells us anything, our existence and scientific knowledge here is a split second in time compared to the lifespan of Earth.
For these changes in our environment to be used for political purposes and virtue signaling, shaming and making money is shameful.
The fact the noone is speaking of the unforeseen and seemingly self healing of the "ozone hole" over the poles shows me that it's not fitting certain scientific points of view and being ignored.
Further evidence i think that the recent uproar over "climate change" is more about advancing certain groups agendas and not really researching the true causes of these changes.
Actually, we know quite a bit about cycles and how we are influencing same. How are you on a science website touting ignorance? Self-healing ozone hole? Honestly? Ever heard of the Montreal Protocol? We did something about ozone and we are making progress against acid rain. We need the same and more to fight CO2 pollution, not kicking and screaming.
You need to spend more time on the Internet, or maybe not!

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
This article does not state a cause! my goodness, deniers spring from every corner at the mere mention of melting ice. My guess is that dark particulates have as much to do with the melting as CO2 and climate change, maybe more. Sorry, I know that's not much of a consolation. It is still pollution.

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site

I'm curious to understand why they have to publish every failure for someone to accept that what they publish and peer review isn't done after going through all the possible causes? and why do they have to rule out ALL other possibilities, when this one makes the most sense?

Axe

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
In 2007 Al Gore said Iceland would melt by 2014 if we did not raise taxes all the polar bears would die and our children would never see snow. LOL. The earth has been cooling for the last 20 years. So now they call it climate change. The sun is the thermostat of this planet. Not cows farting. Car exhaust, power plants. Nothing but the sun. It controls the weather earthquakes everything. It's another tax that will do nothing other than making the globalist even richer. Good grief people.

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
There were two well-established major ice-building epochs in recent Earth history, the Pleistocene Ice Age, which ended around 8000 BP, and the Little Ice Age which ended around 1800 or 1850. Warming epochs followed in both cases. Actually other cold epochs occurred after the Minoan and Roman warm periods, and after the Medieval warm period which led into the Little Ice Age. The ice seen today on Greenland, Antarctica and on high mountains are remnants from the big Pleistocene period, and from the rebuilding period of ice during the Little Ice Age. So it is natural that, as a slight (very slight) global warming is happening (but not by the discredited and deceptive "hocky stick" graphic), that SOME mountain glaciers recede. But it is not historically unique, as seen in the dramatic melt-back of some European glaciers, which expose human habitation and artifacts from the prior Medieval warm period, including discarded items at high mountain passes that have melted back for the first time in many hundreds of years. So don't try to peddle these changes as related to CO2 emissions. They aren't.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
No, there is not one answer for all changes on the planet - though there is one answer for many of them, far too many humans. And we are damaging many different natural systems in many different ways. The accelerating changes to the climate are only one of the many ways in which we are ensuring that the earth will cease to be habitable for large numbers of people. Hopefully the first to be impacted will be the idiots who pretend that there is no problem, but probably not.

If you were genuinely curious, you'd actually look it up.

I have no idea what you even mean by changing poles. If you are talking about equinoctial precession, no, our current position in the Milankovitch cycles mean that the Earth should be in a cooling phase moving slowly towards the next glaciation , not warming - it has been investigated, like other natural causes of variation. Or are you talking about the possibility of the Earth's magnetism swapping poles? While there is certainly a diminishing of the magnetic field, and a swap is long overdue according to the geologic record, what effects such a change might have on the climate, or indeed on anything else, are a matter of speculation.

And what mass in China do you think is affecting the climate, exactly?

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Ya coming out of an ice age 20,000 years ago does tend to melt glaciers.
11,500 years. And since that retreat, the earth's remaining glaciers have expanded and contracted according to both local and global factors. But they have never retreated as fast as they have done in recent decades, nor is there evidence that many of them have ever retreated as far.

In fact, both the Milankovitch cycles and the relatively low current solar radiation should see them expanding and the globe cooling slightly at this time. Instead, we see it heating and the glaciers retreating.

As these glaciers are the ultimate source of fresh water for large areas of the world, their loss will result in starvation and war over resources. Enjoy.

Reactions: All4One
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Yes, we do know how its cycles work, and we know from the geologic record that temperature changes even close to what we see today have only occurred before following major global disasters - massive, continent-wide volcanic eruptions, asteroid impacts, and so on. That is the thing about geology - we can find out what went on in the past without having had to be there personally. And sometimes what we find leads us to make predictions about further discoveries, which are then proved true. You seem to have failed to attend school, so do not appreciate how understanding increases, with each discovery leading to further questions and then more answers.

It is not a political matter, but a matter of whether or not some of the human race continues to exist. It is shameful that some people are so massively ill-educated that they cannot tell the difference between political and scientific issues, and so selfish that they pretend that there are no problems rather than risk an iota of their personal comfort.

The ozone hole is a completely different matter, and no, it hasn't gone away. However, world-wide legislation was passed in 1989 banning CFCs, the main culprit in its expansion, and so the "holes" (areas of depleted stratospheric ozone) - there were usually two, one over each pole, but the southern one was larger, and occasionally a third over Tibet - started to close. it is expected that the ozone layer will have returned to the pre-1980 state by 2075. Ozone is continuously created and removed by natural forces which, without human interference, are in balance, so as the human contaminants in the atmosphere become fewer the damage will indeed heal itself. However, recently some further depletion was noted, and it has been discovered that one or more factories in China have restarted CFC production in defiance of the Montreal Protocol.

While ozone depletion can cause cancer, and if taken too far could make terrestrial life impossible on Earth, as until the recent spike was noticed we seemed to have dealt with the cause there was no further need to talk much about it. It is not related to climate change, which is mainly caused by greenhouse gases such as CO2, CH4, and water vapour as well as some less well-known ones. Nor are any of those related to the toxic air quality in many cities. Different pollutants have different effects. There is also the direct result of too many humans living in too many cities - the urban heat island effect is having a direct effect on the overall global temperature because of the sheer number and size of human settlements.

All natural factors have now been researched, and we now know that without humans, the Earth would be in a cooling phase.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Wish what you said was true. But we haven't just looked at "100 years"... we've gone back 100,000's of years through ice cores and been able to accurately determine what our atmosphere was comprised and the levels of CO2, etc... (it's called science... perhaps you should be on the fox propaganda site or the trump / NRA site??).
Exxon scientist figured this all out in the early 70's and then Shell figured it out independently in the early 80's. It is, after all, just science. Of course, Exxon and Shell went on to spend $100's of millions of dollars lying to the world about it so they could protect their interest and trick people like you. So in that regard, you are correct... it "is more about advancing certain groups agendas" than telling the truth. The US spent around $1,000,000,000 of our tax money (MY MONEY!!) to get answers in the 90's and early 2000's. Bush chose to rip up the results and lie about them to fit his and Cheneys agenda. Many of the scientist who had made it their life work, quit working for the US after Bush did this. Bush (and Cheney) should be in prison for life for stealing $1,000,000,000 from the US taxpayers.
Hoping you will quit working to spread their lies and look at the science instead of what a bunch of lying ******* politicians propagandize to you.

Reactions: James DeMeo
Jan 18, 2020
Visit site

Have you noticed how climate change alarmists have stopped mentioning that human, specifically American human, activity is the cause of global warming? I can't remember the last time I saw it mentioned, still the propaganda seed has been planted and continues in the collective memory.

The atmosphere is a fluid and is constantly changing in the search for equilibrium. I like the analysis that Tony Heller presents at https://realclimatescience.com. Even better are his YouTube videos. Here is a good example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbKY3fSHGq0

They never want to mention geoengineering either. It's an elaborate conspiracy on the human race really. Just realize this if the governments of the world are pushing this climate change agenda and that it is just the normal everyday humans causing it you know the Powers That BE have nefarious plans. More then likely suck more money out of hard working individuals. As long as we keep feeding these parasites they are going to keep sucking us dry.

I do understand where you are coming from but the evidence of global warming affecting the glaciers can not be ignored. When you have evidence of greenhouse gases like CO2 and Methane trapping heat into the atmosphere and raising the temperature of the Earth, you can't ignore that and think that it is from something else. Because it isn't

You can't ignore planes flying back and forth spraying the air but people do ignore it.

Aluminum particles ionized by 5g radiowaves frkm the towers all active now in all effects around the world. Aluminum in the sky dumped by UN and governments to CAUSE climate change to CREATE a problem to FIX AND BECOME THE GALVANIZING FORCE. ... not that that makes any more sense then "carbon" becoming the blamed chemical when carbon PROLIFERATES green vegetation growth was any sort of CLUE to as what the lies perpetrated by a Council of rich tightwad corporate sellout demonic skeezers whose mandate was 95 % of earths human population reduced to IN TURN reduce 95% of the frigging pollution as a result. Wow. Ridiculous that people dont see through this kinda garbage. Instead of LOOKING AT THEIR DOCTRINES they assume what sustainable development is actually .... which is in fact a lie hiding agenda 21 and the systematic controlling of a population by means of climate change "movements"
Its not a conspiracy when their BIG ASS DOCTRINE HANDBOOK in which clearly that ted turner states: reduction of 95% of all human life is ideal for the completion of agenda 21." And another member of council adds that its important to make climate change the "new religion" as a result to create the belief that UN is the only means to save a world.... terrible that people like that even BREATHE

Let us not forget about the company once called Monsanto now bought out by Bayer that are also connected to this. Great points my friend. It's refreshing to see somebody in here that really knows what is really going on. Please keep spreading the truth about this.

I'm curious as to what the "one answer" is that you are referring to. Wow, you science deniers are quite sensitive these days! The article mentioned no causes. It merely described what is happening and what the consequences could be, eg, less fresh water.
I also find it ironic that there are so many of you on an actual science website.

So first it was global warming and now its called climate change. Is your religion now saying science denier instead of climate change denier? It's interesting hows you keep changing your buzz words. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Mic56