Sperm don't swim anything like we thought they did, new study finds

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Valentine Michael Smith? Boy, are we ever old! You make me nostalgic for one of the best novels I ever read by one of the most prolific sci-fi authors ever. Pseudo-Pseudo simply doesn't grok that your funny comment is not meant to be "anti-science" at all.

Aug 1, 2020
Visit site
It's amazing, isn't it? 3.5 centuries of believing you knew something and you didn't actually know it at all. The best know that what we think we know today could be proven false tomorrow. The ones to steer clear of: the worse, the least wise, the ones who treat science like a religion repeat theories as fact and throw about terms such as "anti-science" or "if you knew basic science" or "believe in science" to anyone who dares question them.

Motto: “Sperm motility, or ability to move, is one of the key metrics fertility doctors look at when assessing male fertility, Gadêlha said. The rolling of the sperm's head isn't currently considered in any of these metrics, but it's possible that further study could reveal certain defects that disrupt this rotation, and thus stymy the sperm's movement.” (from the article)
……………..
I bring here my comment made in 2010 on:
https://www.the-scientist.com/the-nutshell/sperm-motility-secrets-revealed-43507
Sperm motility secrets revealed
Reproductive biologists have identified the mechanism that triggers sperm's race to the egg, reports a study in Cell today. Stained sperm cells(Blue, nucleus; red, mitochondria; green, Hv1protein localized in the sperm flagellum) Image: Yuriy KirichokBy measuring the electrical current passing through the sperm cell membrane, researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, identified a channel that releases a flood of protons from a sperm cell, initiating its trip up the fallopian tubes.
Cassandra Brooks - Feb 3, 2010
My observation
: all comments on The Scientists were eliminated in march 2018, but I keep it in my computer.
alexandru
I appreciate all the genetic research. The man shall reach the total knowledge.
How long will you enjoy pouring scorn on knowledge? Will you never learn?” (Proverbs 1.22)
According to my studies, exposed in four books, the man, attention please! - male and female -, is the materialized according to the information which is contained in Adam mtDNA, existed only in xifoid process, called one of the man's ribs (Genesis 2.21), or sternum peak called double edged sword peak, to where soul and spirit meet, to where joints and marrow come together (Paul, Hebrews 4.12 - the best description in the world).
Lev Tolstoi - *The bad part is that people of medicine dealing with the body more than soul.* (Last years journal / About God and man)
The only real problem for The Scientist is to understand the soul feedback.
Stephen Hawking: *What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe? ... Then we shall all, philosophers, scientists, and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the discussion of the question of why it is that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we would know the mind of God. * (A brief history of time)
Henry Schaefer - *The significance and joy in my science comes in the occasional moments of discovering something new and saying to myself, 'So that's how God did it!' My goal is to understand a little corner of God's plan.* (U.S. News & World Report, Dec. 23, 1991)
In the computer language, the soul is called soft. However, the new machine is wireless controlled, and the internal soft is subordinated to an external programme, which realise a whole harmony. Because the scientist explanation of the unknown facts, looks like:
*it is possible and probable*, I said, using the same technique: *It is sure that Adam mtDNA exists in the xifoid process, one of man's ribs and it is sure that Eve mtDNA is a copy of Adam mtDNA, produced during ovogenesis process, controlled by Adam mtDNA. (Genesis 2.22) *
In 2007, I developed a new theory about human body internal communication based on the mitochondrial bio-electromagnetic transducers. According to Paul, Hebrew 4.12 I identified in xiphoid process a pair of bio-magnetic receptor that recognizes all kind of the microbial molecule. According to this theory, a couple of Adam mtDNA and Eve mtDNA, that contain all genome data, exist in the xiphoid process and communicate with all internal organs. Because this couple memorizes all the process data, it is possible that it influences the immune system with negative or positive feedback, according to the information sent by the brain.
Abstract: Adam mtDNA inheritance - ISBN 978-606-92107-1-0
The necessary and sufficient processes to a well function of the human body are meticulous arranged by specific organizational cells, so called process bio-managers, using inter-conditioned procedures, transmitted through three ways of communication: chemical or protein channel, electrical or ion channel and mitochondrial or electromagnetic field wireless channel. The third type is out of the visible and measurable spectrum and raises a new challenge to the scientist. For this type of bio comunication we bring a new theoretical hypothesis, based on the managerial multidisciplinary analysis of a cybernetic model proposed by us, by simulating the human body function with the virtual computerized system based on the management of its total knowledge and its perfect quality way of function. The main bricks used for this virtual construction are: the brain, as main bio-processor, and Eve mtDNA and Adam mtDNA, as bio-antennas.
This assembly of the total knowledge, build with brain reasoning, biological feeling, and unlimited soul feeling, is called by us main decision triangle, IQ-EQ-CQ.
The main principle of the management of the total knowledge imposes us to not neglect the information produced by man during the time, even if it seems creasy at the beginning (see brainstorming definition). Because in the natural fertilisation the spermatozoids are naturally equipped with the paternal mtDNA (it looks like reflex klystron power amplifier, KPA = a veritable main bio-GPS), we consider that the paternal mitochondria DNA have a very important role in the evolution of the human being life quality and we have developed a new hypothesis, Adam mtDNA theory in addition to Eve mtDNA theory.
Keywords: brain, mitochondria, maternal, paternal

Uh, wrong. It means suspicions of complexity we didn't understand were confirmed with the development of new *scopy techniques.

Science is constantly evolving, being "wrong" isn't a result of not "paying attention" really. Your anti-science spiel is misplaced.

I made an anti-male spiel, *****.

Valentine Michael Smith? Boy, are we ever old! You make me nostalgic for one of the best novels I ever read by one of the most prolific sci-fi authors ever. Pseudo-Pseudo simply doesn't grok that your funny comment is not meant to be "anti-science" at all.

Somehow I missed the notification of your quote...or it didn't get sent?...... In any case, SF. Scifi/Sci-fi equals fantasy in space. Skiffy - as in iffy.

skiffy.png

I birthed after these events.

It's just another example of nature's dynamic. A helix. A curved/closed helix has a non-pi ratio. Planetary orbits are helical. Stellar orbits in galaxies are helical. A closed helical rotating structure could physically explain the density, mass, and quantum of charge. Such a structure has two perpendicular rotations.(accelerations)

For nature to be so consistent, everywhere, for so long......it has to be simple.

Recall that measuring sperm motility was so critical that the Mercury astronauts were tested for it at Lovelace's Clinic in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Those who passed this round were then sent to Aeromedical Laboratory of the Wright Air Development Center in Dayton, Ohio, for a set of rigorous examinations designed to test the candidate’s physiological and psychological responses to situations expected in spaceflight. Following these tests, 18 men were recommended, and the STG narrowed it down to a final seven: Scott Carpenter, Gordon Cooper, Virgil I. “Gus” Grissom, John Glenn, Wally Schirra, Alan Shepard, from my hometown of Derry, NH, and Donald “Deke” Slayton.

Dr. Bob Voas, Dr. George Ruff, and Robert Solliday, the sole Marine besides John Glenn in 1959, all commended Tom Wolfe's account in "The Right Stuff" as superb. The contemporaneous accounts in "We Seven" are also invaluable, containing the first-person accounts of the trials at Lovelace and Wright-Patterson AFB for Project Mercury.

I had never really thought very much about my sperm motility until I read Wolfe's magnum opus 'The Right Stuff' and saw the movie. Now, thanks to this blog, it's in my purview again. In any case, I urge you to both read and see 'The Right Stuff'. One of the great cinematic juxtapositions of all time shows Chuck Yeager, played by Sam Shepard, as he rides a horse around the Bell Aircraft X-1, in which he'd break the sound barrier, as it sits on a ramp at Edwards AFB running its Reaction Motors XLR11 engines at low power settings. Marvelous!
Hartmann352