Question Speed of magnetism?

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
How fast does M make a connection? Is the push as fast as the pull?
Example: an electric M is turned on, and connects with some metal, how fast does this happen?

It would be the inverse of the speed of light. E=MC squared. Plus some other factors. What is the voltage introduced. The higher the voltage the more excited electrons become. The stronger the push and pull becomes.

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
Thank you. Maybe I need a forum for the less than brilliant. I was seeking an answer that I could translate into MPH. In school I learned how to invert a vector, which was no help to me here. Rereading about vectors equally useless. Next I will try reading about the inverse of light speed. Already lost. Further, I did not even equate the stronger voltage with the speed at which the effect occurs. Stronger gravity doesn't make faster gravity(does it?). Or a more powerful beam of light make light faster. Anyway, as P.G. Wodehouse wrote, I will, "keep on keeping on".

Expounding on what you wrote perhaps I can help you.
Thank you. Maybe I need a forum for the less than brilliant. Never dish yourself that is a fatal mistake you will end up second guess yourself.
I was seeking an answer that I could translate into MPH. In school I learned how to invert a vector, which was no help to me here.
This is how I learn look up the word vector and define it and see it in your mind before you tackle complex science papers. Define any word you do not know or even if you think you know what it means.
Rereading about vectors equally useless. Next, I will try reading about the inverse of light speed. Already lost.
The inverse of light speed is simply half the speed of light, speed of light is about 186,000 mps then half (inverse) would be 143,000. This speed has to do with light waves.
Stronger gravity doesn't make faster gravity (does it?).
Gravity is like looking at the waves in the ocean. Sometimes the peak of the wave are far apart other times they are closer. When they are closer than they are in layman’s terms faster. When they are further apart the gravitational field is weaker.

Or a more powerful beam of light makes light faster.
Light speed is a constant speed.
Anyway, as P.G. Wodehouse wrote, I will, "keep on keeping on".
And as I would say failure is not an option. Learn to take the words you define and put them into images you can remember. This will help you to learn faster. When read articles only look for the answer you are seeking forget the rest.
What is MPH? How is it calculated. What is a Vector? What does it mean and how is it used? Keep things simple and you will amaze yourself overtime.
Hope this helps you in your quest.

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
Expounding on what you wrote perhaps I can help you.
Thank you. Maybe I need a forum for the less than brilliant. Never dish yourself that is a fatal mistake you will end up second guess yourself.
I was seeking an answer that I could translate into MPH. In school I learned how to invert a vector, which was no help to me here.
This is how I learn look up the word vector and define it and see it in your mind before you tackle complex science papers. Define any word you do not know or even if you think you know what it means.
Rereading about vectors equally useless. Next, I will try reading about the inverse of light speed. Already lost.
The inverse of light speed is simply half the speed of light, speed of light is about 186,000 mps then half (inverse) would be 143,000. This speed has to do with light waves.
Stronger gravity doesn't make faster gravity (does it?).
Gravity is like looking at the waves in the ocean. Sometimes the peak of the wave are far apart other times they are closer. When they are closer than they are in layman’s terms faster. When they are further apart the gravitational field is weaker.

Or a more powerful beam of light makes light faster.
Light speed is a constant speed.
Anyway, as P.G. Wodehouse wrote, I will, "keep on keeping on".
And as I would say failure is not an option. Learn to take the words you define and put them into images you can remember. This will help you to learn faster. When read articles only look for the answer you are seeking forget the rest.
What is MPH? How is it calculated. What is a Vector? What does it mean and how is it used? Keep things simple and you will amaze yourself overtime.
Hope this helps you in your quest.
MPH is miles per hour.

Magnetism, part of electro-magnetic spectrum, of which visible light is a small part, and its field of force moves at the speed of light, 300,000 km/sec, or 186,000 mi/sec.

But, does magnetization in a wire/metal propagate at the speed of light?
The answer is no; it propagates along at the speed at which each of the individual atoms can align their own polarity.
If you ask, "Do changes in the magnetic field propagate at the speed of light?"
The answer is a resounding yes. If an enormous and powerful magnet suddenly appeared one light year away, then it would take exactly one year for magnets on Earth to feel its pull. It would take one year for the "magnetic force" to reach the Earth.

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
Cool. So magnetic fields, gravity, and light move at the same speed. Are there other things that move at the speed of light? Do any ever slow down or speed up? Intensity seems not to effect their speed. Gotta think about this. Thank you for your comment; I will read it several times.

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
Cool. So magnetic fields, gravity, and light move at the same speed. Are there other things that move at the speed of light? Do any ever slow down or speed up? Intensity seems not to effect their speed. Gotta think about this. Thank you for your comment; I will read it several times.
Hartmann 352, just wanted to add that your comment reminded me that a lightening bolt does not move at the speed of light but the light it creates does. What fun!

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Busy this morning. So I’ll be replying a little later today. Somewhere on my computer—it might be under fission/fusion or rapid or slow neutron capture—but there’s something I read about that’s almost the speed of light. Later.

EM only travel at a fraction of the speed of light. It loses its attraction over distance. Due to the decaying spin of the electron. Like dropping a pebble into a pond the initial wave is strong and then overtime it dissipates.

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Here are a few things I have about speed of light.
Antimatter. On the other side of the speed of light barrier is faster than light backwards time travel, which is the same as reversed time. This mirror world is fitted with faster than speed of light particles called tachyons, which is time reversed matter, which is antimatter. Quantum Physics Group, Facebook.
Muons continuously rain on earth at nearly the speed of light. Science News, November 25, 2017.
Gravitational waves (gravitational radiation) in space is triggered by cataclysmic collisions that create ripples in space. General relativity requires gravity’s influence to spread at the speed of light. Source unknown.
The graviton is expected to be massless because the gravitational force is very long range and appears to propagate at the speed of light. Source unknown.
Magnetism is perturbations in the magnetic field accompanied by a non-zero electric field and propagated at the speed of light. Source unknown.

Tachyons are hypothetical particles that are supposed to travel faster than light with an imaginary mass proposed by a physicist by the name of Gerald Feinberg in 1967.
He wrote a paper titled "Possibility of Faster-Than-Light Particles". He had been inspired by the science-fiction story "Beep" by James Blish. Feinberg studied the kinematics of such particles according to special relativity. In his paper he also introduced fields with imaginary mass (now also referred to as tachyons) in an attempt to understand the microphysical origin such particles might have.
The first hypothesis regarding faster-than-light particles is sometimes attributed to German physicist Arnold Sommerfeld in 1904,] and more recent discussions happened in 1962] and 1969.
In September 2011, it was reported that a tau neutrino had traveled faster than the speed of light in a major release by CERN; however, later updates from CERN on the OPERA project indicate that the faster-than-light readings were due to a faulty element of the experiment's fiber optic timing system.
EM, Gravitational fields and speed of light have different vectors and symmetries.

Reactions: Carol Cleon
In space-time the interval between two events is calculated as S^2= X^2+Y^2+Z^2 -c^2t^2. X,Y and Z are distances in space between to events, where t is "distance " in time between two events, c is the speed of light and s is the spacetime interval.