Silent earthquakes are tied to changes in fluid deep below Cascadia's fault

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
So I’m not a scientist but if we continue to pump crude oil out of the earth are we actually taking away the natural lubrications that were made thru millions of years and this will cause some really bad news such as a 9+ magnitude earthquake on the west coast?

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
No that's not correct, if that were the case we would see a large earthquake or M9 ones happen a lot around the world every other day or month considering the fact that its been more than 150 + years we have pumped up oil and still continue to do so. I have been researching silent quakes for many years now and done many lab tests and the fluids are aqueous and metamorphic fluids in fact there many studies and past scientific work to support this. You should read Pascal Audets countless research work on silent earthquakes that gives evidence on the types of fluids involved e.g hot water, melt, etc. I've read on the fluids type in silent earthquakes and Pascal Audet on Google you will find proof. Additionally You can find evidence here:

Another evidence: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/94JB01147

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
So I’m not a scientist but if we continue to pump crude oil out of the earth are we actually taking away the natural lubricants that were made thru millions of years and this will cause some really bad news such as a 9+ magnitude earthquake on the west coast?
Oh yes, that is a unknown. I do think there now have been some studies about this and fracking. No doubt it has to have some consequences. You can go on the computer and draw image of just that. It will show you just what can and will happen in time. Fooling around with these plates can cause a disaster.

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
So I’m not a scientist but if we continue to pump crude oil out of the earth are we actually taking away the natural lubrications that were made thru millions of years and this will cause some really bad news such as a 9+ magnitude earthquake on the west coast?
Read my reply.

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site

No that's not correct, if that were the case we would see a large earthquake happen a lot around the world every other day or month in places like Saudia Arabia (biggest oil producer , Norway, Eastern USA, etc) every month considering the fact that its been more than 150 + years we have pumped up oil and still continue to do so. I have been researching silent earthquakes for many years now and done many lab tests and the fluids involved are aqueous and metamorphic fluids, in fact there many studies and past scientific work to support this fact, especially in Subduction zones like Cascadia when the plate sinks under another, a lot of different fluids are generated during the subduction process and have been mentioned in many scientific texts.

As to answer your question on oil, Earth made oil through ancient organisms to sequester CO2 inside the earth so that oxygen levels could increase in the atmosphere and make life like ours possible.- (You can google this and find tremendous evidence to support this too). Whereas for fluids involved in silent earthquakes, You should read Pascal Audets countless research work on silent earthquakes that gives evidence on the types of fluids involved e.g hot water, melt, etc. Go to google type in Pascal Audet and silent earthquakes you will find countless work published over the years on this. Additionally You can find evidence here:

Metamorphic Fluids and their Relationship to the Formation of Metamorphosed and Metamorphogenic Ore Deposits | Metamorphic and Metamorphogenic Ore Deposits | GeoScienceWorld Books | GeoScienceWorld

Abstract. Metamorphic rocks produce fluids as devolatilization occurs during prograde metamorphism or as melts (which act as temporary repositories for fluids)
pubs.geoscienceworld.org

Another evidence: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/94JB01147

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Oh yes, that is a unknown. I do think there now have been some studies about this and fracking. No doubt it has to have some consequences. You can go on the computer and draw image of just that. It will show you just what can and will happen in time. Fooling around with these plates can cause a disaster.

Actually each time we subtract something from beneath the earth and dig it out- or each time we add something to it, it causes a pressure shift, and shifts the pressure on rocks in the ground, which causes earthquakes, this is evidenced from mining of all sorts- e.g gold, metal ores, water extraction even (if we extract a lot) as far goes for fracking..the amount of water drilling companies throw down on the rocks no doubt it will cause movement!

Reactions: russellmeans
Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Actually no, that's not how it works. I'm a seismologist and subduction earthquakes are a different beast. They occur on large faults and are one of the earth's recycling machines in the birth and death process of continents and oceans. Induced seismicity from fracking is real but not anywhere near a 9.0.

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Actually no, that's not how it works. I'm a seismologist and subduction earthquakes are a different beast. They occur on large faults and are one of the earth's recycling machines in the birth and death process of continents and oceans. Induced seismicity from fracking is real but not anywhere near a 9.0.
Time my friend, time.

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
Fluid pressures in the Cascadia subduction zone are ed to regular, imperceptible earthquakes.

Silent earthquakes are tied to changes in fluid deep below Cascadia's fault : Read more

This probably adds credibility to the theory of Moon Phases (Full and New) and extreme Tides correlating with bigger quakes in a Japanese study published by Nature.... The study covers 15 years after the Japan Tsunami...

I ve noticed a pattern in Puerto Rico in the last months, with bigger tremors when It was very unstable ...and every 2 weeks we had bigger quakes. (I can just imagine Tidal bore waves, following the Moon underground and fluids moving between crevices and caverns). I bet it could be an important factor...