Should you wear a face mask to prevent COVID-19? Experts disagree.

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Photo shown on TV of a line at the airport - all were pilots and crew - maybe 20 of 'em - and they all - all - had on masks, and most were wearing gloves.

IF you can have no symptoms, but still may be contageous, wouldn't it make sense for everyone to wear a mask so those cases can be covered. You don't think you need a mask, because you have no symptoms, but you do because you're contageous: so you'd be doing everyone a favor by wearing a mask to begin with.

Reactions: LindaG
Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Conflicting recommendations from physicians and scientists don't help. To me it is just logical that even a mask that is not fitted perfectly is going to help. No, it is not guaranteed; but there are asymptomatic individuals that are likely to be at the grocery store with me. Why would I not protect myself if I can? BTW, I do have N95 masks which I purchased 2-3 YEARS ago for a different reason. So I am not hoarding or buying masks now that would otherwise be available to health care professionals who need them. I would not do that.

Reactions: ezwebs85
Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Wearing even a simple mask will reduce your ability to infect other people by droplets or aerosols.

So, it makes sense to wear one for the good of others just when you are around them.

If you're not feeling well then its imperative to wear one when other people are around.

Obviously, simple masks will be less effective in stopping you catching Covid-19. For that you need high quality medical masks.

At the end of the day wearing masks is uncomfortable and hot and it messes with your nose and throat.

Reactions: Brian
Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
In China, general population uses Surgical Mask, health care workers at least use an N95 mask and wear a medical protective suit plus protective goggle. Currently, antivirus masks and other protective equipment are sufficient, and many masks and protective equipment mainly been exported to other countries who need them.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
There is a reason all these guys give you crap advise. Because you want guarantees for everything , otherwise some pathetic lawyer will team up with you to sue whoever gives you honest advise. This is the reason that little tiny lingerie comes with at least 5 huge tags stitched to it , one from state of california, some from 4 other crap agencies, all to 'protect you'. No one wants to speak the truth, beccause everyone fears the invisible craplawyer present in the room. The truth is that if everyone wears an appropriate mask, it would indeed 'harden' the environment against the virus, make life less fun for the virus. And you dont need to be Einstein to figure it out. Just use common sense. Oh i am sure hte FDA will say 'there is no evidence in any of the published double blind studies that shows that common sense is of use'. You bet! So now you have the CDC that says 'wear kerchiefs or anything you can get' and the FDA which is blocking imports of life saving masks from China and the surgeon general says 'people, stop buying masks' (wow, what a professional sounding statement) .. i am sure his esteemed highness has nothing against you buying caskets.. So shut up , use common sense and protect yourself, and stop deluding yourself that the government exists to 'take care' of you..

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Wearing even a simple mask will reduce your ability to infect other people by droplets or aerosols.

So, it makes sense to wear one for the good of others just when you are around them.

If you're not feeling well then its imperative to wear one when other people are around.

Obviously, simple masks will be less effective in stopping you catching Covid-19. For that you need high quality medical masks.

At the end of the day wearing masks is uncomfortable and hot and it messes with your nose and throat.
Wearing mask for mutual protection probably only makes sense when you are in situations where maintenance of social distancing is not possible like on public transportation, and situations where you are required to work closely with others.
For protection of others it should probably be mandatory for kitchen workers, servers, and those who handle bulk produce in grocery stores

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Unfortunately the most fake news has been supplied by our "experts". ie. "The virus is only .8 contagious as the flu (early March) . Now it's 3 times. It is contracted from airborne and surface contamination. But "we do NOT recommend wearing a mask". Oh, and the only reason they "recommended" that deadly advice (not to protect yourself) was to ensure there wasn't a run on masks! Yeah, good! Instead of preventing the disease from spreading (and healthcare workers not needing tons of masks) they encouraged it! And guess what? Now healthcare workers are in an even bigger shortage and it's not only masks it's ventillators and other equipment! It has also been made clear that you can get it in your eyes from touching or airborn transimission ...yet seems nobody but me has figured you need goggles as well. Social distancing is the cure?! What about the A/C ventilation?! Remember Legionaire's disease? I've been wearing an N99 RV mask, swim goggles, and gloves on every shopping trip since early March .... at least one of the people who were shaking their head at me back then is now dead. American sheep. If you think it's not cool to wear a mask you're both wrong and an idiot.... the prime target of the virus.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Unfortunately the most fake news has been supplied by our "experts". ie. "The virus is only .8 contagious as the flu (early March) . Now it's 3 times. It is contracted from airborne and surface contamination. But "we do NOT recommend wearing a mask". Oh, and the only reason they "recommended" that deadly advice (not to protect yourself) was to ensure there wasn't a run on masks! Yeah, good! Instead of preventing the disease from spreading (and healthcare workers not needing tons of masks) they encouraged it! And guess what? Now healthcare workers are in an even bigger shortage and it's not only masks it's ventillators and other equipment! It has also been made clear that you can get it in your eyes from touching or airborn transimission ...yet seems nobody but me has figured you need goggles as well. Social distancing is the cure?! What about the A/C ventilation?! Remember Legionaire's disease? I've been wearing an N99 RV mask, swim goggles, and gloves on every shopping trip since early March .... at least one of the people who were shaking their head at me back then is now dead. American sheep. If you think it's not cool to wear a mask you're both wrong and an idiot.... the prime target of the virus.
There is growing evidence that this virus exists not only in our snot and spit, but can be found in our poop as well, even days after it is no longer evident in our saliva and mucus. This to me means it is not only respiratory but gastrointestinal as well, and probaby means it can be acquired by eating virus contaminated produce, or cooked food that has been recontaminated after cooking during the serving or eating activities. Wondering if you are doing anything special to keep what you eat and drink virus free?

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
There are no "experts" who say masks don't work, only idiots and liars. There is ample scientific evidence that masks are effective if you use them every time you are near an infected person, and it is simple physics and observation that a mask will both prevent spit from being projected from your mouth and keep spit from another person entering your mouth.

These idiots who think that something has to be 100% effective before you can recommend them are just plain stupid. There is no danger from over killing protective measures. There is absolute danger from not doing enough. Stop being stupid.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
Available!!!
KN95 Face Mask in stocks. producing 50000pcs / per day .
Exwork price for KN95 mask 1usd/per pcs, can ship it out tomorrow.
Multi-layer 3ply blue disposable mask: 0.23USD/per pcs. producing 300000pcs /per day.
We take care of you giving affordable prices with door to door delivery service.

MASK,KN95,N95,FACE MASK,SAFTY
Contact with us Sales Contact: Amanda@vietoem.com
Oversea's Branch: Daniel@vietoem.com

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Surgical masks will not protect us from incoming germs or the virus. Those masks only keep things from coming out of your mouth, which is why it is recommended to wear one if you are sick to help protect others.

The only mask that may help is an N95 mask/respirator that fits well. The mask does not keep your hands from carrying the virus, or protect your eyes, etc. These masks are often hot and can be very hard or uncomfortable to breathe through, especially if you have asthma.

The biggest concern is not enough masks to go around for front line medical staff.

Having said all that, wearing an N95 mask will not hurt you, so if you already have one it's totally fine to wear!

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
As a person with an underlying condition & more at risk of getting covid I wear my mask if I go out for a bike ride , if mum & dad call round theyre masked up to the hilter so I mask up more (add scarves) -because I object to it

I wear it if Im going to hospital appointments

So yes I do -& anyone who doesnt wear one clearly isnt sensible because they may have it & dont know theyve got it or they have but stupid enough not to self isolate

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Most things, questions and quandries in our lives can be answered using common sense and an elementary level of logic!

It seems that (in the USA) the number of people without common sense and a below elementary level of logic are not only common, but very prolific.

Another small piece of advice, a mask is most effective when it is worn to cover both one's mouth and one's nose. Apparently this is not obvious as the number of people I see wearing masks just covering their chin in grocery stores, convenience stores and elsewhere is quite high!

My final piece of advice, based once again, on public observations. When Mom is at the grocery store with her 5 barefoot children running all over the place and Mom chooses to be a chin-only mask wearer, while non of the kids have on masks, I say just give up! Between not being smart enough to don a mask over the orifaces a mask should cover, combined with most of the family not wearing any mask at all, your family is likely doomed to get infected! This is not societies fault! This is purely the result of a lack of personal responsibility and the most basic level of common sense.

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
There are a lot of people in the UK who are without common sense.It is now MANDATORY to wear one on public transport otherwise you run the risk of being prosecuted or heavily fined

My mum & dad whenever they come down to my house -theyre masked up to the hilter but it makes me fee uncomfortable & Ive made my feelings clear - so I masked up & wrapped 2 scarves round my nose & mouth -if they wanna treat me like a germ warfare then ill treat them as if theyve got a germ & mask up more

Dad came down today to sort my garden out maskless so I wrapped up my mouth & went out to say hello