Should schools close for coronavirus?

100% YES!!!!! My kids are grown but if this virus was in our city when my kids were young, yes my kids would be pulled out whether school was advocating it or not! Talk about a swarming petri dish of contamination.

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
I think they should close to be careful. Sure its not that deadly to teens but if they get it and have anolder person in home who is weak or people who get sick easily they really need to consider these people. My family all has a low white blood cell count and gets sick easily. I hope they stay safe.

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
It's also worth noting that school closures in particular also affect the health care workforce (lower paid health workers stay home to care for their kids so rates of absenteeism rise) - and part of the goal is to keep the health system capacity above the demand from sick people.

See:

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
Public schools in the UK give free lunches to kids, it's a bit worrying for low income familys if schools get cancelled as a lot of familys rely on those meal subsidys to make ends meet. Just another way folks will get effected... I'm sure they don't want infections to spread, but working out where to get that extra cash from is going to be hard, if closures happen.

Last edited: