Should researchers deliberately infect volunteers with coronavirus to test vaccines?

Mar 26, 2020
Visit site
No!, no one should be injected or have the Coronavirus contagion deliberately to test a vaccine.
This is what Albert Neisser did in 19th century Prussia with his syphilis vaccine, no syphilis vaccine ever worked; when some victims of experiment actually had syphilis, Neisser said it was because of their high risk behavior. This prompted the Prussian kingdom to issue the first rules ever about experiments in humans. The infamous Tuskegee and Central America experiments were a worse remake of Neisser crimes.
The V-19 spreads fast, is an easy contagion, thus a cohort, observational study may perhaps go, HRA will say if a RND, placebo controlled trial is needed. This morality doubt arouse long time after Zidovudine was tested in Africa to block vertical transmission of HIV, newborn get it when going through delivery channel, this is the same rationale as in PrEP (Why the decades gap between Zidovudine for women about to delivery, and PrEP?), some claim about dubious morality of a RND, Placebo controlled trial, when an observational study may have been enough.
For sure, double blind, placebo controlled studies provide the best evidence of activity for a registration, no way to accept a deliberate contagion of a potentially deadly virus to test efficacy of a vaccine, chances of contagion in an usual way of living can be assessed, and from this figures, the size of sample to be followed defined, the recent case of Dengue vaccine problems can be considered, but this differs in that is the second Dengue infection, or a first wild virus infection in a vaccinated subject what is more harmful, also the strains that produce the worse, more deadly second Dengue infection are those circulating in Asia, American Dengue strains are milder. Blessings +

Reactions: Joe Blaze
May 15, 2020
Visit site
Yes. First all the people that run Big Pharma and their families. Then then the politicians and their families. If they survive maybe on the general population. They are our leaders so they should go first. In the meantine I will keep my Vitamin D level at 50-70 take magnesium and zinc- B vitamins. I have not had the flu or cold for over 14 years now without the flu shot and at 68 never felt better.

May 15, 2020
Visit site
i have the opposite to that freddy but over a much shorter time period. i havent been unwell in the 5 years since i had to start getting the flu shot.

Urquiola

BANNED
Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
About Flu shot, the later in season you get the shot, the higher your chances of minor symptoms, it may increase number of people with symptoms, but reduces flu mortality, coming mainly from bacterian pneumonia.
I know no valid reason for those over 65 or with chronic diseases not having flu vaccine, but it is not mandatory; small pox vaccine was mandatory, disease was eradicated, same nearly happened with polio. Blessings +

Reactions: Joe Blaze
May 15, 2020
Visit site
About Flu shot, the later in season you get the shot, the higher your chances of minor symptoms, it may increase number of people with symptoms, but reduces flu mortality, coming mainly from bacterian pneumonia.
I know no valid reason for those over 65 or with chronic diseases not having flu vaccine, but it is not mandatory; small pox vaccine was mandatory, disease was eradicated, same nearly happened with polio. Blessings +

i love the flu shot, i wasnt well for long periods over a few years and had to take too much time from work until they found out i had bad lungs. they reckon my teenage years of sniffing glue and smoking a lot of hash in the past done the damage but i havent been ill since.
could you settle a bit of a bet? am sure 2 or 3 years ago when i was getting my flu shot that the nurse mentioned to me about it was impossible to have negative effects because the virus wasnt live but my brother got it last year and insists he was told the opposite. do you know the truth of that either way? cheers

ok i read the answer again, should have done that before i asked lol. because you mention the syptoms am guessing i am mistaken about remembering the nurse tellng me that. am saying nothing to him though he can find out on his own now if he wants lol. i was just curious about that and was sure she told me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Urquiola
Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
What is most scary about Human Challenge Testing is that the vaccine used will fail. There is no way to know in advance whether or not this will be the outcome. That will cause increased fear of vaccines and, at a minimum, reduce faith in finding a vaccine solution. It is a real conundrum for anyone involved with this decision, and in either case requires experience, in-depth knowledge, expertise, resolve, and bravado.