Separated Parents

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
My little boy is due to stay with his dad this weekend. His dad lives with his parents who are both in their 60s & dont have great health. Should he stay away for now? Should his dad just come to our house & visit him?

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
My little boy is due to stay with his dad this weekend. His dad lives with his parents who are both in their 60s & dont have great health. Should he stay away for now? Should his dad just come to our house & visit him?
Although children under 9 appear to be safe they can still carry the virus. If his grandparents have respiratory issues then they would be seriously at risk.

Reactions: Lynz83

LCarlson

Administrator
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
The question is, how likely is it that you or your son have been exposed to the virus? If either of you have it, your ex can contract it and bring it back to his parents as well.
It is best to talk to your doctor, and then negotiate with your ex for the greater good of all involved. The wishes of the grandparents should also be considered. If they are otherwise in good health, the risk for serious complications is lowered significantly.

It's a difficult choice, but there are elderly members in my family who are not going to spend time with the grandkids or family who may have been exposed, for some time, because we live in an area with several dozen active cases.

A reminder, we all have opinions, but we are NOT a medical resource. Read more here: https://forums.livescience.com/thre...orums-are-not-medical-advice-or-counsel.1308/

Wishing you the best,
~LC