Second wave of coronavirus likely to be even more devastating, CDC director warns

TPL

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
The biggest problem with this line of thought is the blatantly obvious factor of many carriers having gone completely unnoticed at this point, which increases the likelihood of a certain level of immunity the next time around (if there even is a next time). The virus is quickly losing its novelty factor.

This post's title is very misleading. Have you even a clue, to the amount of supplies, that were short on this one, that we will have by fall? Not to mention the added personal, practices and treatment. And a network for it.

The sleeping giant hasn't had it's coffee yet.

If one wants to get sick, this fall will be the best time to do it.

Edit: This episode has put every county health department on notice......stock and plot(track).

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
With people on quarantine, viruses like flu and common cold, that are less infections, will have hard time to resurge next season. With social distancing, we are unwillingly fighting not only covid-19 but also suppressing the spread of other viruses. In fact, flu season in South Asia normally starts later than in US and with quarantines and masks since early January, this spring flu barely emerged in that part of the world.

Another interesting fact, the flu virus mutates fast, that's why a new strain comes each year as the new "season". With less people infected due to social distancing to fight covid-19, there will be less mutations and we might have several years of mild flu seasons until mother nature create a new strong & infectious strain.

Last edited:
I have no such knowledge. Never followed much health advice. I've been house bound for about 7 years now. No routine change for me. But I've never seen such historic events so fast.

And I thought my retirement years would be boring.

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Longer we take to get population herd immunity in our areas of the country, the more likely isolated enclaves like nursing homes are going to get penetrated and then decimated by the virus.