Scientists have finally discovered how photosynthesis starts — by setting it off with a single photon

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
So... if photosynthesis in green plants produces sugars, water vapour, oxygen, etc., from carbon dioxide in the presence of photons (light) and is so important for life on Earth , why on earth are countries like Canada, USA, European Union trying to ban carbon dioxide from our atmosphere which is only .04 of 1% of our atmospheric gases? HUH?????

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
So... if photosynthesis in green plants produces sugars, water vapour, oxygen, etc., from carbon dioxide in the presence of photons (light) and is so important for life on Earth , why on earth are countries like Canada, USA, European Union trying to ban carbon dioxide from our atmosphere which is only .04 of 1% of our atmospheric gases? HUH?????
Because the present level of CO₂ in the atmosphere is already 50% higher than it was just 150 years ago, and was for the millennia during which our present ecosphere, including humans, evolved. And it's rising very quickly. This change is starting to create a new, much warmer environment for the planet.

Sustaining this trend will be very bad news for all the species currently living here, including us, which evolved under conditions very different from what we are heading for. What we are trying to do is to reverse this trend, to get the CO₂ levels back down to something closer to what we evolved with, to continue to have the kind of world that we, including you, would want to live in. No one is "trying to ban carbon dioxide from our atmosphere."

But you knew that. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
I think you are missing a point in that the mean global temps have dropped since 2008.... And Plants needs about 1500 ppm to grow properly... We are n a CO2 deficit. I researched and taught paleoclimates and I suggest you take a similar course and educate yourself... We've a long way to go, baby!

Last edited:
I don't see the relevance to the rasearch here.

But if you are discussing man made global warming, it is the man made greenhouse gas that is banned, not the natural background level. The amount of carbon dioxide has doubled since pre-industrial levels..

The ban is because the rapid increase in global warming has started to cost more than fixing it.

Nitpick: The European Union is not a country.