Scientists discover new organ in the throat

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
fascinating. I've been struggling with a chronic dry, sore throat on and off for most of my adult life. I wonder if these glands are to blame.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
And I've been struggling with a chronic, post nasal drip-type cough most of my life! (These days, I can clear a grocery store is a split second!) I'm blaming the new glands!

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Serious question: Do you all know when someone says omg that tastes like soap! And someone else is like well how do you know what soap taste like, and you can't explain it but when you smell things you can almost taste them.... well can this be the reason why that happens? Considering the saliva glands is behind our nose !

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
For the past two years I have been suffering from pain in my naso-pharyngeal area. It is not constant but can come on suddenly and last for many hours with varying degrees of pain. It also feels like my lower jaw is being constantly pulled down and off my face.
IF you are a SCUBA diver, I have described this feeling to many doctors as having done several dives with much up and down in the water column where I would be constantly clearing my ears. My eustachian tubes at the point of entry to my pharynx feel raw... and can and do get very painful.
Some days I can do no more than lie on the couch all day.
The pain only goes away when I am completely relaxed. Like ASLEEP! When I wake in the morning I generally have no pain and can continue to lie in bed with little or no pain. After 15 mins or so of being up, the pain with begin. First it is just annoying. That can be for several hours. But then it will get more painful such that I have to take analgesics to alleviate it.
I have had Xrays, CT scans, nasal camera probes, blood tests, MRIs ... nothing has been determined.

Perhaps. Just perhaps. This new found gland has something to do with my condition.

I have had dozens of well meaning "diagnoses" from so many people. No one has come up with anything.
Anyone that MIGHT have a lead for something... I would appreciate it.