Scientists call for serious study of 'unidentified aerial phenomena'

Actually, no UAP's have ever been recorded or at least would not have been. But in 2050 at a Catalina demonstration of a time traveling hovering camera (used primarily on new Teslas to go back in time to record traffic accidents to determine fault), Elon Musk sends them back in time by tossing the devices in the air, assuring the audience that they would be undetectable even by fighter jets of the time. Unfortunately after 2 throws of the devices back in time, the audience chuckles looking at the big screen behind Elon as both are detected and recorded by F-18's thereby changing the time continuum leaving us to wonder what they were for over 30 years. "Guess we have some improvements to make before production" Musk replied.

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
Why is it we only see the same old handful of grainy videos depicting UFOs? You'd think with all the modern high tech stuff we could do better.

Great question! The reason that the same "grainy videos" keep being circulated is because these specific videos are the most compelling pieces of evidence that we have so far. This is because of the videos verifiable chain of custody, and engineering analysis available from the F-18's cameras. Believe it or not, this is much better footage (in terms of authenticity) than if the same video had been captured with a civilian camera. We can determine a lot about these objects in terms of speed, temperature, maneuverability, etc. Which is why the scientific community is beginning to take this more seriously. I work for a major aerospace company and when I spoke with some of our brightest engineers about the vidoes, they were unequivocally convinced that they were not man-made. It wasn't even a question! Scientists may be harder to convince but the evidence is so powerful that they're finally being forced to give it serious consideration.

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
Why is it we only see the same old handful of grainy videos depicting UFOs? You'd think with all the modern high tech stuff we could do better.
Yes, it crossed my mind too until you think about how far away these objects usually are. Even with a high-end professional 24 Megapixel camera with a 28-120mm zoom lens, taking a photo of a passenger jet cruising at 38,000ft will produce a grainy result. Most of the photos today are taken by people using cellphones, that almost exclusively has fixed wide angle lenses and they aren't very good at producing detailed images of small objects far away; like if you use your phone to take a photo of a car or a big bus from a mile away. It gets even more tricky as the UFOs often seem to emit light, the camera will naturally overexpose the small dot of light against the usually darker background.

Yes, it crossed my mind too until you think about how far away these objects usually are. Even with a high-end professional 24 Megapixel camera with a 28-120mm zoom lens, taking a photo of a passenger jet cruising at 38,000ft will produce a grainy result. Most of the photos today are taken by people using cellphones, that almost exclusively has fixed wide angle lenses and they aren't very good at producing detailed images of small objects far away; like if you use your phone to take a photo of a car or a big bus from a mile away. It gets even more tricky as the UFOs often seem to emit light, the camera will naturally overexpose the small dot of light against the usually darker background.
Not sure what you mean by "most of the photos". I don't see much of any photos being taken of UAP's worth really considering (since the obvious hoax photos of the 60' and 70's) . If there were at least a couple independent photos/videos taken at the same time and location and the eye witnesses gave corroborating accounts then it may be worth looking into. A plane at 38,000 feet would be over 7 miles away from sea level (assuming straight overhead). I don't think anything at that distance would be noticed especially some silent small craft. Any encounter close enough to be noticed by the unaided eye should surely have been captured with enough resolution by today's cell phones and cameras by now. If they are so far away as to be grainy blobs then how can anybody give testimony as to what they are. The military videos at least show peculiar movement to garner some interest and I think those may be worth pursuing as long as it is done with an abundance of skeptical analysis.