Satellites 🛰 in near eart.h orbit are watching you

I love them. A farmer can now see daily, the moisture in his field, just by looking at a screen.

We can see the weather coming.

As for privacy........your ISP and phone are much more intrusive.

I hadn't heard the term watchtower satellite before, so i searched it. Religious listings was the result. So I searched operation watchtower and got WW2 pacific battle results.

Does "watchtower satellite" have a special meaning?

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
I have trouble believing that every country in the world is on board with technologically advanced satellites orbiting there countries skies. All computers are susceptible to being hacked. On to of that , pretty much every country is hiding something from each other. More importantly, what I’m concerned with, is I don’t like the sky being packed with metal stuff that blocks my view of space( I like astronomy 🔭) and technology often fails. Those things are highly likely to crash down on us , or into each other, or some of the space junk we have already left up there. I’m personally am not concerned with my privacy. However, I don’t want my neighbors head looking over the fence watching my every move. It’s just not right.

Well, when the first ones were put up, no one could shoot them down. By the time they could be shot down, many had them and others claim the right in the name of equality.

It is what it is. If I were an astronomer, I would be more concerned with space junk.

BUT, I could be wrong. I hear that there will be many thousands of shoebox units in orbit soon. Orbiting cell towers.

Alrighty. I think those are just transponders.......repeaters for radio signals. I don't believe they have high powered optics.

That's interesting. Have you ever spotted a satellite with your scope?

Alrighty. I think those are just transponders.......repeaters for radio signals. I don't believe they have high powered optics.

That's interesting. Have you ever spotted a satellite with your scope?
They are way too fast for me to aim mine at them. I think the astronomy concerns are for high quality observatory astronomy.

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Binoculars can get a look. I’m in key west, Florida. Where the sky is usually clear and no y’all buildings .an the have lasers on them. Why not a camera or sonar or radar or whatever it is they use now.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Do nothing wrong, have nothing to hide and it does not matter who knows what............

I have no problem being Tracked, watched, traced, etc... Personally it makes us all safer from those with things to hide.....

Wow, I need to get out more. I would have thought that our modern hobby scopes could easily track the space station. I know that cheap accurate hardware is available. This will make someone a good project. Arcing a cylinder at the needed rate should not be that hard. Perpendicular rollers, instead of gear train, can give smooth analog rates.

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
I don’t have a computer scope yet, but will soon. You could track them with one of those. They painted them black so they are hard to see, but sometimes they have lights on. And again it’s not about them “spying on me” it’s just not right to put anything over the roof that’s over my head. I also, don’t want to see my neighbors head peaking over my fence watching everything I do. It weird and not cool