Rising sea levels could swamp the US coastline by 2050, NASA predicts

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
we need to select some random politician that we don't like but who has a lot of connections and appoint him to be in charge of keeping the temp rise below 1.5. Add a bilion dollar bonus if he succeeds and a cell in guantanamo if he doesn't.

Nov 28, 2022
Visit site
Why are the biggest polluters, China and India, never addressed in any articles involving global warming, yeah, I said it? Instead, the US and other developed countries are expected to pay/contribute to the scam. uhh, redistribute the wealth.

Nov 28, 2022
Visit site
Hello!
Do we all agree that sea levels have been rising for thousands of years and are currently rising about 3.3 millimeters per year?

"From what is observed in the figure above, sea level rise rates appear to have been relatively low during initiation of rise (i.e., from 20,000 to approximately 15,000 years ago), at which point a significant increase in sea level rise rates (Meltwater Pulse 1A), and several others ensued. Three rapid increases in rise rates ("pulses") are noted here so that the majority of the 100 meters of sea level rise occurred from 14,000 to approximately 8,000 years ago, or 90 meters in roughly 6,000 years. This yields a sea level rise rate of 0.015 meters per year or 1.5 centimeters per year or 15 mm per year.

This is an incredibly fast rate that is tied to the decay of large ice sheets including both the Eurasian and Laurentide Ice Sheets. The Laurentide Ice Sheet on North America had mostly retreated from North America by 6,000 years ago leaving behind only the alpine ice sheets.

Holocene Sea Level curve showing the most recent period of rise and warming. Some of these data suggest that sea levels approached modern around 6,000 years ago, but may have actually exceeded modern sea levels in some regions (i.e., Malacca), but, on average, sea levels have been relatively slow to rise and have been fairly stable for at least the last few thousand years."

Credit: Image created by Robert A. Rohde / Global Warming Art

Reactions: Snorrie
"Despite the study's bleak findings, some experts are hopeful that impactful, high-profile research such as this will compel decision-makers to focus on addressing the ongoing climate crisis and encourage the public to demand effective measures be introduced."

It would be useful if those experts who write such statements would tell us what some "effective measures" are that might work. Obviously, lowering our emissions takes no CO2 out of the atmosphere and carbon capture and geological storage is energy intensive and takes very little out.

Nov 28, 2022
Visit site
"Despite the study's bleak findings, some experts are hopeful that impactful, high-profile research such as this will compel decision-makers to focus on addressing the ongoing climate crisis and encourage the public to demand effective measures be introduced."

It would be useful if those experts who write such statements would tell us what some "effective measures" are that might work. Obviously, lowering our emissions takes no CO2 out of the atmosphere and carbon capture and geological storage is energy intensive and takes very little out.

Depends on what you are wanting to accomplish. If you want less CO2 in the air then promote regenerative farming practices; however the CO2 in the air is actually at historic lows and the other plant life might suffocate with even less of it.
If you want to drop the sea levels then we need to cool down our atmosphere; which is definitely not good for plant-life.
We require these plants to thrive so I suggest that we simply enjoy this brief warm period while it lasts because it's those colder periods that will give humans much more concern.
(There was thousands of feet of ice on top of where millions of people now live about 10,000 years ago and that ice will come back.)
In retrospect, this is a great time to live and I'm Lovingly Grateful.
What do we really want to beautifully create next?

Dec 2, 2022
Visit site
we need to select some random politician that we don't like but who has a lot of connections and appoint him to be in charge of keeping the temp rise below 1.5. Add a bilion dollar bonus if he succeeds and a cell in guantanamo if he doesn't.
There is no way the temp rise will stay under 1.5c. We are 6 years away from that now. It will be ~+2c by 2050. The question is will it go past +2c? https://climateclock.world/

Dec 2, 2022
Visit site
Why are the biggest polluters, China and India, never addressed in any articles involving global warming, yeah, I said it? Instead, the US and other developed countries are expected to pay/contribute to the scam. uhh, redistribute the wealth.
China is apparently substantially ahead of the USA in addressing carbon emissions. Consider that a reason. India, they are doing more than the USA too. Big tax increase on fuel and moving to renewables. "redistribute the wealth", inaccurate but I get what is implied. It is like this. You hate paying for a fire department and want to stop but your own house is on fire. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/07/6-ways-india-is-tackling-climate-change/

Dec 2, 2022
Visit site
Well, blatant lying pretty much makes you look like a jackass. That's what happens when you quote idiot conspiracy theory sites.
CO2 rise by humans is traceable back almost 500 years. The last 50 years have tracked much as climate scientists predicted. I have a scientific review of dozens of deniers falling flat on their faces. Just like you. Stop trying (and failing) to waste people time.

Nov 28, 2022
Visit site
Well, blatant lying pretty much makes you look like a jackass. That's what happens when you quote idiot conspiracy theory sites.
CO2 rise by humans is traceable back almost 500 years. The last 50 years have tracked much as climate scientists predicted. I have a scientific review of dozens of deniers falling flat on their faces. Just like you. Stop trying (and failing) to waste people time.
There's no need to stifle conversation nor to use pejoratives while discussing ideas. Science is created from healthy debate.
I request that every one to share their perspectives so that others can possibly see something anew and we all advance from there.
Thank You Gentle Human Beings.

Am I the only one that has witnessed the deliberate lies and deceit from American journalism?

From our bureaucrats, from our politicians, from our academic experts? Season after season?. Am I alone? Is this my own self created conspiracy theory? When did a deliberate lie and deceit become a point of view? An opinion. Something to defend?

When did censorship of opposing discernment become an American OR an academic value?

And don't forget the charm. How did our leaders, and our experts and our graduates become so charming? Opposing a different view, shows the true confidence of your own.

Why was decency obliterated from shore to shore? And then celebrated.

Things such as these are the danger, not climate. The only danger we have, comes from ourselves. And it always has been. And always will be.