Remains of 90 million-year-old rainforest discovered under Antarctic ice

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
Reality Check...Antarctica was closer to the Equator (surprise it was Warmer??).
I was going to post the exact same comment but then I double-checked. What was then the future continent of Antarctica was pretty far south even then, esp. the Pine Island/Thwaites part.

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
I was going to post the exact same comment but then I double-checked. What was then the future continent of Antarctica was pretty far south even then, esp. the Pine Island/Thwaites part.
I found this elsewhere: "By the team's estimates, thanks to the creeping drift of continental plates the drill site would have been several hundred kilometers closer to the South Pole back when dinosaurs still roamed. "

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Reality Check...Antarctica was closer to the Equator (surprise it was Warmer??).
Not sure, I'm sort of confused, I found this in another article: "By the team's estimates, thanks to the creeping drift of continental plates the drill site would have been several hundred kilometers closer to the South Pole back when dinosaurs still roamed. "