Psychology: the messy science of studying the infinitely variable

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
Anyone else frustrated by how fast we go from accepted "facts" to "questionable" to "debunked?"
This is why I end up spending too much time at cocktail parties arguing with people.

and

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
I truly believe that humans are experiencing mental health issues (also physical) on a scale unprecedented and passed on via DNA in our mixing populations . I think this is down to a few different scenarios (just my personal belief). Our DNA that took unknown amount of years to develop on continents separated from travel in history, developed in different climates (temperature), different latitudes (pressure) radiation exposure locally (from within planet or external) and the foods that are eaten in their local environment and cultures.
All these factors created a stable genetic species that survived well in their environment. Once humans started to travel continents and to isolated places on the planet, genetic mixing started to take place. This is where detrimental health problems started, as the offspring dependent on where they lived and the foods they were consuming started to alter imbalance in the chemical makeup of their new DNA structure. This gradual decline of essential nutrients and elements needed for their cells to operate started to become apparent generations down the line, coupled with some natural organic wildly grown vegetation and fungus that has been omitted from our diets by the governors and powers of the lands, making certain substances illegal have also taken things out of our diets that played a big part in our evolution. This in turn lowers chemical reactions within our finely tuned biological systems creating unlimited diversity of damage within our cell structures. To make this relevant to this post a few chemicals that are creating imbalance in our brains like serotonin, dopamine and all the rest of them, are creating problems with our thought processes, creating what psychologists call mental health problems.

Reactions: petra4
Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
I always suspected that drugs were good long after their expiration date, so this solves some long-running family arguments.
"A SLEP study in 2006 tested 122 different drugs stored under ideal conditions, and as a result, extended the expiration date of a majority of the drugs in the stockpile by an average of about 4 years. "
I have to assume that this has to do with the Pinoy Teleserye drug proving and certification period, when the manufacturers simply can't see into the future to predict longer term shelf life. Of course, obsolesence fosters profit as well as safety. :p

At least I can keep my Aleves with me until the container is empty!
I've got three years to go.

I am sure that drugs that need to be kept refrigerated are definitely for short term use, but have any solid studies been done on them?
I am just curious how they compare to their expiry dates, such as liquid antibiotics (injectables), vaccines and so on.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
I truly believe that humans are experiencing mental health issues (also physical) on a scale unprecedented and passed on via DNA in our mixing populations . I think this is down to a few different scenarios (just my personal belief). Our DNA that took unknown amount of years to develop on continents separated from travel in history, developed in different climates (temperature), different latitudes (pressure) radiation exposure locally (from within planet or external) and the foods that are eaten in their local environment and cultures.
All these factors created a stable genetic species that survived well in their environment. Once humans started to travel continents and to isolated places on the planet, genetic mixing started to take place. This is where detrimental health problems started, as the offspring dependent on where they lived and the foods they were consuming started to alter imbalance in the chemical makeup of their new DNA structure. This gradual decline of essential nutrients and elements needed for their cells to operate started to become apparent generations down the line, coupled with some natural organic wildly grown vegetation and fungus that has been omitted from our diets by the governors and powers of the lands, making certain substances illegal have also taken things out of our diets that played a big part in our evolution. This in turn lowers chemical reactions within our finely tuned biological systems creating unlimited diversity of damage within our cell structures. To make this relevant to this post a few chemicals that are creating imbalance in our brains like serotonin, dopamine and all the rest of them, are creating problems with our thought processes, creating what psychologists call mental health problems.
Yes, you're right on the mark here.