Poll: Is your local government and medical system ready to handle Covid-19?

• I BELIEVE my government and medical system is prepared to handle Covid-19

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I am HOPEFUL my government and medical system is in a position to handle Covid-19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I am DUBIOUS that my government and medical system is ready for Covid-19

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • My government and medical system is DEFINITELY NOT ready to handle Covid-19

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Poll:Is your local government and medical system ready to handle Covid-19?

We have learned how very difficult it is to contain Covid-19. Factors including ease of travel, ease of transmission and carriers sometimes being asymptomatic and unaware that they are infected... these will all lead to more cases before this is over.

If we agree that the virus cannot be easily contained, how confident are you in your country, state or local government's ability to react to, respond and help treat cases of Covid-19? I am very interested in everyone's views on this topic.

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
For my part, I do not believe my country is ready for this outbreak at the federal level. The government has not, in my opinion, taken this seriously enough until (possibly) this week.

I do think we are better prepared at the state level - I am in California and we have pretty good infrastructure. San Francisco has already declared a state of emergency, allowing the medical system to mobilize and prepare.

At the local level, we have excellent medical care in my county, but it will depend entirely on how many critical patients require care in our local hospitals.

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
We have learned how very difficult it is to contain Covid-19. Factors including ease of travel, ease of transmission and carriers sometimes being asymptomatic and unaware that they are infected... these will all lead to more cases before this is over.

If we agree that the virus cannot be easily contained, how confident are you in your country, state or local government's ability to react to, respond and help treat cases of Covid-19? I am very interested in everyone's views on this topic.
I think with the speed of the spread we are seeing the last week especially in ITALY ..its unlikely we have not got the facilities in a hospital setting here in the Uk, not enough respirators, beds STAFF for barrier Nursing.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site

I work for local gov near Wash DC. (1) recommend film "The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez" on Netflix, a heartrending and horrific documentary that all adults should see. (2) What is Covid-19 teaching us about surviving a germ-warfare attack? FEMA/NIH/CDC, please take note.

Reactions: jsimenhoff

I have been SO AMAZED at some of these INCREDIBLE politicians in states who are putting absolutely great implements in place. I think it's time to stop asking a president that dives from podium to avoid answering if he has been tested. He has not answered perhaps because he KNOWS we know he's been in contact with the virus unprotected on several occasions. If he is tested and does not have it---could it mean he has had a vaccine that for whatever reason is being kept secret??? A vaccine predeveloped ahead of what I think is a man made virus. HE KNOWS nobody will believe he is negative. Everyone around him is isolating. He isn't alarmed because he will most likely never get it because hes immune. Just my theory... It is SO DISHEARTENING to see countries much less wealthy being prepared so quickly as the president claims its magically going away.

Reactions: LCarlson