Please Help me Identify this Specimen or Provide any Information Ruby/Feldspar/Rosealite?

Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
I am not a Geologist nor trained as one, I just happen to love stones and rocks and took home this large red/green/white one I found one day. I live in South Alabama. There were no other stones around where this openly lay. I used Rock Identifier App and found out it may be Ruby in Feldspar or Rosealite, definitely some types of quartz.

What would you appraise such a thing to be? Please I'd like to sell this, thank you.

Huge Natural Red Ruby in Feldspar Quartz Large Stone 23 lbs. | eBay

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 16
I am not a Geologist nor trained as one, I just happen to love stones and rocks and took home this large red/green/white one I found one day. I live in South Alabama. There were no other stones around where this openly lay. I used Rock Identifier App and found out it may be Ruby in Feldspar or Rosealite, definitely some types of quartz.

What would you appraise such a thing to be? Please I'd like to sell this, thank you.

I am not a geologist either but it looks like a type of granite to me. I am familiar with a lot of different types of granite and that could pass for a type of granite that I have used.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Granite has quartz in it as well. Some of the Balmoral granite is very hard to diamond core through because of all the quartz in it.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Feb 27, 2022
Visit site

Hi, I believe the reason you found it is because someone threw it away when they found out it was Cinnabar. (Mercury Sulfide) Mercury is red with sulfur in it. Yours looks to be locked up in sulfides traveling with the Quartz. (Pyrites) It comes up with hydrothermal veining minerals like Quartz or Calcite with sulfides in them or directly in igneous rock. It will resemble quartz.

This is my guess with only a few photo's to see and photo's are unreliable identifiers.
Ruby is Aluminum Oxide with Chromium impurities, more than just Chromium will net you Sapphire mineral.