Paper vs Plastic

Feb 27, 2022
Visit site
I remember when the push to save the planet was to make laws banning paper bags from the shopping districts and move to plastic to save trees.
Recently the push to save the planet was to ban the use of plastic bags in the shopping districts and make laws to use paper bags.

Can anyone clear this up for me ?

They sure did. I remember that, it was a big important policy. And sure did again. We have another important policy. Must have compliance. People didn't throw paper bags in the street, sewer or ocean. We all re-used them. There use to be a big paper bag home hobby system for that purpose. Like taking lunch to school. And all kinds of art and kite projects. Even bake turkeys in them.

Why? I'll bet my guess is very different than your guess.

Feb 27, 2022
Visit site
First I thought money, then votes, then strength, then pollution, then Carbon footprint,

Then I realize, Weaved paper is stronger than plastic but paper is biodegradable, and Carbon is one of the least abundant Elements on the planet, which left votes and money, money is on paper and metal and plastic, votes are on paper and ink, counted by machines containing plastic, and now I'm all out of thoughts.

Being green is giving me the blues which means something or someone stole my yellow.

Reactions: Clark Kent
One of the most versatile and eco-friendly renewable resources is Industrual Hemp!

The Benefits of Hemp
As a cover crop, hemp enhances soil health by shading out weeds—reducing the need for synthetic herbicides—and adding diversity to crop rotations, improving soil health.
Hemp is also versatile in the market, with thousands of uses for its seed, oil, and fiber. Hemp can be used to make textiles, building material, livestock bedding, paper products, bioplastics, and more. It is stronger and more durable than cotton, yet requires less space and less water to grow.
Hemp contains a compound called cannabidoil, or CBD, that has therapeutic applications. Hemp seed, which contains less than .3% THC and is non-psychoactive, is high in protein. Hemp oil has both culinary and industrial uses.
Hemp’s desirability means that successfully cultivating hemp can improve the livelihoods of organic farmers.

Hemp has as many as 25000 uses from building bricks to paper to finest fabrics to cooking oils to medicines.

It sequesters 10x more CO2 into the ground than trees. 1 acre of cultivated hemp will scrub as much CO2 from the atmosphere as 10 acres of trees.

It restores soil and reduces the need for fallowing the soil.

It grows everywhere. It is drought resistant. It is pest resistant. It is weed resistant. It is a true miracle crop.

Canada has a thriving Hemp industry.
Licensed cultivation acreage of Canadian Industrial Hemp has increased from zero in 1998, to 55,854 hectares (138,000 acres) in 2017, with sales of $60 million at the farm gate, more than $130 million in processed products, and $93 million in exports.
Our 2023 industry goal is to seed 182,000 hectares (450,000 acres) with sales of $200 million at the farm gate, $1 billion in processed products, and at least $750 million in exports. While we are moving in the right direction, more work is required.

German Hemp Farm Numbers Up 900% In Seven Years – As industry Calls For Post-Election Reform

BMW uses hemp in the door panels of their cars.
BMW – The i3 has utilized hemp biocomposites since 2013. Porche – The 718 Cayman GT 4 Club Sport utilizes hemp. Mercedes – C-class vehicles use two dozen parts on each vehicle that leverage hemp. Audi and Volkswagen – One of the original hemp automotive leaders in the early 2000's.
https://www.heartland.io/sustainability-news/european-automotive-companies-hemp/#

Forget wood, forget plastic, forget oil. Go Hemp! Check it out!

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
Paper vs Plastic is an excellent documentary that provides an in-depth look at the environmental issues surrounding the use of plastic and paper products. The film does an excellent job of presenting both sides of the argument and exploring the pros and cons of each material. The interviews with experts and activists provide a great insight into the debate and help to explain the complexities of the issue. The film also looks at the potential solutions to the problems posed by plastic and paper and how we can reduce our reliance on both materials.

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
The approach to saving the planet has evolved based on new information and a better understanding of the environmental impact. Initially, plastic bags were seen as a solution to reduce deforestation. However, it was later discovered that plastic bags contribute significantly to pollution and harm ecosystems.