Outer Space - Hot or Not

Oookkaay - two threads - 200+ views - zero comments.
And now for something almost completly different.

Space - the Hotter Frontier

One of the heated issues underlying greenhouse theory is whether space is hot or cold.

Greenhouse theory says that without an atmosphere the earth would be exposed to a near zero outer space and become a frozen ice ball at -430 F, 17 K.
https://sos.noaa.gov/Education/script_docs/SCRIPTWhat-makes-Earth-habitable.pdf
(slide 14)

Geoengineering techniques that increase the albedo, the ISS’s ammonia refrigerant air conditioners, an air conditioner in the manned maneuvering unit, space suits including thermal underwear with chilled water tubing, UCLA Diviner lunar data and Kramm’s models (Univ of AK) all provide substantial evidence that outer space is relatively hot.

But outer space is neither hot nor cold.

By definition and application temperature is a relative measurement of the molecular kinetic energy in a substance, i.e. solid, liquid, gas. No molecules (vacuum), no temperature. No kinetic energy (absolute zero), no temperature. In the void & vacuum of outer space the terms temperature, hot, cold are meaningless, like dividing by zero, undefined. Same reason there is no sound in space – no molecules.

However, any substance capable of molecular kinetic energy (ISS, space walker, satellite, moon, earth) placed in the path of the spherical expanding solar photon gas at the earth’s average orbital distance will be heated per the S-B equation to an equilibrium temperature of: 1,368 W/m^2 = 394 K, 121 C, 250 F.

Like a blanket held up between a camper and campfire the atmosphere reduces the amount of solar energy heating the terrestrial system and cools the earth compared to no atmosphere.

This intuitively obvious as well as calculated and measured scientific reality refutes the greenhouse theory.
Zero greenhouse effect, Zero CO2 global warming and Zero man caused climate change.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Oookkaay - two threads - 200+ views - zero comments.
And now for something almost completly different.

Space - the Hotter Frontier

One of the heated issues underlying greenhouse theory is whether space is hot or cold.

Greenhouse theory says that without an atmosphere the earth would be exposed to a near zero outer space and become a frozen ice ball at -430 F, 17 K.
https://sos.noaa.gov/Education/script_docs/SCRIPTWhat-makes-Earth-habitable.pdf
(slide 14)

Geoengineering techniques that increase the albedo, the ISS’s ammonia refrigerant air conditioners, an air conditioner in the manned maneuvering unit, space suits including thermal underwear with chilled water tubing, UCLA Diviner lunar data and Kramm’s models (Univ of AK) all provide substantial evidence that outer space is relatively hot.

But outer space is neither hot nor cold.

By definition and application temperature is a relative measurement of the molecular kinetic energy in a substance, i.e. solid, liquid, gas. No molecules (vacuum), no temperature. No kinetic energy (absolute zero), no temperature. In the void & vacuum of outer space the terms temperature, hot, cold are meaningless, like dividing by zero, undefined. Same reason there is no sound in space – no molecules.

However, any substance capable of molecular kinetic energy (ISS, space walker, satellite, moon, earth) placed in the path of the spherical expanding solar photon gas at the earth’s average orbital distance will be heated per the S-B equation to an equilibrium temperature of: 1,368 W/m^2 = 394 K, 121 C, 250 F.

Like a blanket held up between a camper and campfire the atmosphere reduces the amount of solar energy heating the terrestrial system and cools the earth compared to no atmosphere.

This intuitively obvious as well as calculated and measured scientific reality refutes the greenhouse theory.
Zero greenhouse effect, Zero CO2 global warming and Zero man caused climate change.

I really don't know any anything is possible. I have heard before that the sun isn't really hot that when the rays of the sun hit the Earth it is heated up through the atmosphere. I am really not sure though. You would think that space would be cold. If you can create a vacuum what would the temperature be?

I really don't know any anything is possible. I have heard before that the sun isn't really hot that when the rays of the sun hit the Earth it is heated up through the atmosphere. I am really not sure though. You would think that space would be cold. If you can create a vacuum what would the temperature be?

The sun is a ball of molecules, can have a temperature and at the surface is about 5,778 K.
The sun heats the surface, the surface heats the air like those infrared heaters over the checkout counters at Home Depot.
Creating a vacuum is a simple, it has no molecules and temperature becomes undefined.

The sun is a ball of molecules, can have a temperature and at the surface is about 5,778 K.
The sun heats the surface, the surface heats the air like those infrared heaters over the checkout counters at Home Depot.
Creating a vacuum is a simple, it has no molecules and temperature becomes undefined.

That makes sense but how do they figure out the Sun's heat? Is it mathematical? I am sure they haven't sent a probe to measure the heat?

A ball of gas is still comprised of molecules.

It may be a dumb question but I have not looked into the Sun to much but if it is a ball of gas and molecules. Where does the energy come from to keep the ball of gas on fire so to speak? Everyone knows when you have a fire and the wood or coal goes out the fire goes out. So what keeps the energy going for millions of years.

Where do your facts come from. You should spend time with Thermodynamics of Heat and Cold. Vacuum is devoid of heat it has its own energy field which they are currently trying to detect. Fire is hot touch it you burn. Space is cold touch it you burn in a different way. Common sense.

A BSME, PE and 35 years in power generation make me pretty good at that thermo of hot and cold thang. What have you got? My post cited sources. Radiation passes through vacuums, you only know it if you put molecules in the way, T/Cs, RTDs, etc.

I was reflecting on whether or not the sun was hot and whether space was cold, Mr. Schroeder. I don,t care if you have 35 yrs playing with a generator or the various abbreviations you decided to tell me about. As far as radiation is concerned: Radiation is the energy given off by matter in the form of rays or high speed particles. All matter is composed of atoms. Atoms are made up of various parts the nucleus which contained minute particles called protons and neutrons, and the atoms outer shell contains particles called electrons.
There are two types of electromagnetic ionized radiation which one are you referring to X rays or gamma rays. Or you are just making a blanket statement just for the heck of it.

I was reflecting on whether or not the sun was hot and whether space was cold, Mr. Schroeder. I don,t care if you have 35 yrs playing with a generator or the various abbreviations you decided to tell me about. As far as radiation is concerned: Radiation is the energy given off by matter in the form of rays or high speed particles. All matter is composed of atoms. Atoms are made up of various parts the nucleus which contained minute particles called protons and neutrons, and the atoms outer shell contains particles called electrons.
There are two types of electromagnetic ionized radiation which one are you referring to X rays or gamma rays. Or you are just making a blanket statement just for the heck of it.
1) Remove the atmosphere and the earth gets hotter.
2) BB LWIR upwelling from the surface is not possible.
3) If 1 & 2 are correct the greenhouse effect is busted.
4) Any other points are irrelevant.

Correction you remove the electromagnetic gravity field produce by the earth it will still have an atmosphere. Case in point, the Martian climate. We learned that the CO2, dust, and H2O cycles, coupled to radiative and dynamical processes, regulate the modern climate of Mars. On a global scale, the Martian atmospheric circulation is impacted strongly by the seasonal sublimation and deposition of CO2 at high latitudes, with about 30% of the atmosphere being cycled annually through the seasonal caps . Whether the earth gets hot or cold is conjecture. That should answer your point one. Point 2 clarify the BB and LWIR what do they stand for. 3 can be answered correctly when you explain point 2. 4 has no merit what points are you talking about?

Who said anything about the electromagnetic gravity field? Quit changing the subject.

"...clarify the BB and LWIR what do they stand for?"
If you did the homework and knew anything about radiative heat transfer you would know the acronyms.

The Martian atmosphere is so thin saying it has one is a stretch.

Military has acronyms, also a BB is short for a BB gun. You never stipulated what they stood. How would your reader know what they stood for. Mars has an atmosphere nonetheless. The reason it does not have one like earth or similar is because it's gravity field is decaying. The same effect is happening on earth the iron core is slowly decaying. The magnetic field is shifting to the West at 50 miles a year. That causes weather patterns to shift. Are you trying to bully me youngster you don't specify any of your assumptions . Radiative heat could be a toaster. Construct your answers more clearly and define your acronyms clearly.

Where do your facts come from. You should spend time with Thermodynamics of Heat and Cold. Vacuum is devoid of heat it has its own energy field which they are currently trying to detect. Fire is hot touch it you burn. Space is cold touch it you burn in a different way. Common sense.

Well yea everyone knows then you touch fire you burn.lol! We can do it ourselves. For space I can not say for sure because I have never been there myself. So we are only able to get second hand knowledge of what somebody else says. I wasn't really posting any facts more questions than anything. Sure I am not an expert in this but I don't always take word for word what others have said or what other theories are. But you just said it yourself that a vacuum is devoid of heat. So how is it possible that the sun is hot itself? That is all I was asking. Not to mention nobody has gotten close enough to the sun itself to know if it is actually hot if you get near it in a vacuum.

The international space station has redundant ammonia refrigerant cooling systems because without AC the energy from the sun would heat the ISS to 250 F and everyone would die.
By reflecting away 30% of the ISR the atmosphere makes the earth cooler not warmer which destroys the greenhouse theory that postulates the exact opposite.

Military has acronyms, also a BB is short for a BB gun. You never stipulated what they stood. How would your reader know what they stood for. Mars has an atmosphere nonetheless. The reason it does not have one like earth or similar is because it's gravity field is decaying. The same effect is happening on earth the iron core is slowly decaying. The magnetic field is shifting to the West at 50 miles a year. That causes weather patterns to shift. Are you trying to bully me youngster you don't specify any of your assumptions . Radiative heat could be a toaster. Construct your answers more clearly and define your acronyms clearly.
"The reason it does not have one like earth or similar is because it's gravity field is decaying. The same effect is happening on earth the iron core is slowly decaying. The magnetic field is shifting to the West at 50 miles a year. "
Where did you get this? Links? References? And what does it have to do w/ CO2 and climate change?

I would be the first one to tell you not to even take my word for what I assert. Example if I tell you that the sky is pink, and I have a PhD in atmospheric conditions let’s say. It is human nature and a fatal flaw that we assume that what we are being told is true. We are intimidated by the degree and we are taught not to ask questions.
All scientific endeavors or learning begins with a simple observation. Newton watched an apple drop and figured out there was some kind of force in play. From that start we end up with gravity and the mathematical equations to explain it.
Simple observation of natural events leads to amazing discoveries. As humans there are 2 cognitive events in our lives, we assert truths by observation, or we are taught, and we mimic what we are taught without questioning the source. To learn requires passion and a dose of common sense. Governments and religions use behavior modification to lead society to a desired result.
Look outside your window and you would see that the sky is not pink but different hues in the lower atmosphere. Simple observation. You would have a clue that I was lying.
A good place to start for you is to look at conservation laws/physics. There is hot and there is cold. Put a glass of water in a microwave and turn it on. It produces a microwave that heats the water up. You can not see the electro wave, but you know it is there. Simple observation if you want to know more then you do the leg work, research multiple source’s to arrive at a concise judgment.

The international space station has redundant ammonia refrigerant cooling systems because without AC the energy from the sun would heat the ISS to 250 F and everyone would die.
By reflecting away 30% of the ISR the atmosphere makes the earth cooler not warmer which destroys the greenhouse theory that postulates the exact opposite.
I agree with your assertions. If you look at temperature gradients going back to the 1600,s they peaked in 2012 and are on a downhill slide. Layman's terms high pressure systems are declining and low pressure systems are gaining strength.

How will it heat up though if it is in a vacuum? Can you explain it? I am not denying it happens that way I am just trying to figure it out.