Our Society is a House of Cards Built on a Foundation of Lies

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
If you can't read this all the way through that is perfectly fine, it is your choice to make. If I offend anybody, which I probably will, I am sincerely sorry. But I feel very strongly that right now our culture has a serious problem with a priority on being nice reinforcing serious issues that are not being addressed. I am not trying to say I am better than anyone, I sincerely feel like the only option at my disposal is to use my voice, and I sincerely believe that operating within the "normal" function of society at this time cannot make any legitimate difference and can only serve to reinforce the brokenness of our system. This is a combination of thoughts about the state of society interspersed with relevant commentary from my life.

Someone I care about sincerely, is trying to take some important steps towards responsibility, which I am very proud of them for. Because of the way society is structured, and because we all go along with it to save our own hide, it is apparent to me that this person is compelled to believe that the first steps towards responsibility requires engaging in a series of lies (although they do not see it this way and would certainly object to my characterizing it as such... But therein, I believe, lies the problem). This reflects poorly on parents, on educators, on our leadership in general, and on every single person who partakes in these lies every day and pretends that there is simply no alternative, as I did for far too long. Do we even stop for two seconds to think about how insane, short-sighted, and morally bankrupt it is to lie about the freshness of a cabbage that the business employing you sells for $0.99/lb (if you think it's no big deal, I would counter that all of the food waste in our system can be viewed as an accumulation of supposedly "insignificant" lies. Restaurants lie about freshness or sourcing of their food, businesses use psychology to manipulate people into wasting money, and all this and more is viewed simply as standard practice.)? Do we think about how insane it is to pay taxes to a government that creates its own credit and prints its own money to fuel a cycle of human slaughter for the exclusive economic benefit of a bunch of fat cats and pretend that is what responsibility entails? Do we think about how ridiculous it is that we are apparently fine with the fact that that very same government is forcing future generations into perpetual subservience to it by accruing unfathomable amounts of debt unchecked? Do we think about how preposterous it is that enslaving yourself to a credit card company is not only what is required of everyone to operate on a basic level in society, but is deemed reasonable and responsible by the masses (in China, they use billboards to embarrass noncompliant individuals that you should not associate with. In the US, we have credit scores)? Do we stop for two seconds to think about the consequences for humanity if we continue to consume the Earth into oblivion? I hear people saying, if we can establish a colony on Mars our chances of extinction drop to virtually zero¹ (Really, we are going to go extinct in our natural habitat but the colony on Mars is somehow going to be indestructible?) I have stayed silent my whole life, because I learned from the outset that if there is one thing that upsets people the most it is someone who believes what they are saying. My whole life I have been ridiculed as a know-it-all every single time I speak my mind almost without fail (for example, I just had a conversation about something that happened recently, where the person I conversed with described the event completely differently. To make it clear I felt we were both being sincere, I said "okay, so one of us is having a false memory." "That's what I mean," they said. "You always have to be right." What am I supposed to do with that? I am attempting to tell the truth sincerely, and making the assumption that they are attempting to tell the truth sincerely, and that means I always have to be right? There are no words I can use to adequately convey how upsetting this is for me, and this is just one example of something that happens all the time). If none of you know how to assert your opinion, construct a logical argument, or speak truth, that does not make me a know-it-all. I chose to be subservient because for me, the alternative was being alone. I guess now I am alone. I will die before I take one penny of unemployment from the government. Nobody wants to hire me? I can't get an apartment if I need to because I have bad credit² and I'm only 24? So what, I can either submit myself to debt slavery or be homeless? I can't survive long this way, and you all should consider yourselves fortunate that I do not regard my self-interest in the way most humans do... Because humans who value their self interest that get isolated and alienated, inevitably lash out in anger, all the more so if they believe there is a rational justification for violence (and our society of lies is ready, willing, and able to supply such rationalizations en masse, with examples like those set by Martin Luther King Jr. and John Lewis seemingly in the distant past). I am trying to help you all, and I truly do not think you even care. If you can't look past your ego-centric perspective for two seconds (if you stop reading here, that means you can't) you will have an emotional reaction and put up a wall against my words, instead of even trying to think about what is true, what could be partially true, and what you might disagree with or disregard. That is called tribalism, and tribalism is the ultimate enemy of a democratic society. We cannot handle confrontation, cannot handle being challenged, and have forgotten almost completely how to have a productive conversation, choosing instead to hide in "safe spaces" and rationalize the refusal to confront reality as an advancement of society. You all can keep lying to yourselves and each other, I am 100% done. You know why I gave up on humanity and on myself for years, embracing hopelessness and self-pity in a cycle of self-destruction? Because, even now, that is what you all continue to do. The difference is, I never rationalized it to myself. I saw it clearly the whole time. What I didn't see, was a way forward... Because you all taught me, that life is a game, best approached as a big f****** joke. There has hardly ever been even a single person in my life who I could genuinely regard as trustworthy, and that does not mean the people around me have been bad people, or that nobody ever tried to help me. It means that my attempts to trust others have always blown up in my face without fail. I am a serious and straightforward person, and many of you used that against me literally to destroy my very soul, all the while acting like it was a hilarious joke. How does it reflect on society as a whole, that someone whose natural tendency is to love life and behave in an enthusiastic, honest, yet serious and straightforward manner, is automatically relegated to the trash heap, ostracized in all circumstances where they can't do or offer something of immediate value to YOU? When I was scouting an opposing baseball team in 5th grade, a couple kids from another team walked up to me and initiated a conversation about how water has zero calories. In my typical fashion I proceeded somehow to talk almost endlessly about this incredibly pointless fact. Years later, when we wound up on a team together, they informed me they had been messing with me and we all had a good laugh. That was what was required of me to fit in. At the time, however, I had sincerely believed I had made two new friends. The topic at hand sincerely didn't seem any more or less pointless than any of the other pointless things that people pretend are significant. What mattered to me, was the people. At that age, if I met you, I automatically assumed that you were a good person, because I thought everyone was a good person, and I wanted to be their friend. That was what mattered to me. It didn't take long for you all to take that away from me, and to teach me through the power of imitation to be cruel and unreasonable for the sake of a few laughs. One way or another, humanity is going to learn that life is not a game. The only question is, will we have any conception of the importance of enlightened self-interest by then? I honestly doubt it... Nothing I have ever experienced gives me much cause for hope. In fact, there are only two things: I believe that most people in the core of their being want to be good, even if their actions seem to belie that notion. And I believe above all else, that Love gives us the power to maintain hope and endure against all odds. Our society conditions us to think, that true Love means feeling good all the time. While Love certainly evokes the most powerful emotions of the human experience, above all else Love is a Belief. I Love you all, even though many of you continue to make fun of me, belittle me, mess with me, and despise me. I always have, and anger for me has always been a silent manifestation of rejection, isolation, confusion, and loneliness. So my question to you is simple: am I alone or not? Because this isn't worth doing if humanity has abandoned it's future. Please do not attempt to offer baseless reassurances and empty platitudes, which only serve to reinforce stupidity and ignorance. What I would like to know is whether or not anybody out there actually believes there are realistic and comprehensive solutions to these problems that do not involve "burning society (or the system, or whatever you want to call it) to the ground and starting over." People who believe economics cannot continue to be a long-term barrier to human progress and people who believe that the reality of economics is a constraint on possible solutions are both correct, so please do not try selling me a green new deal or universal health care that will run a $60 trillion tab in 10 years. We need investments in renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure that will pay for themselves over the long run (a great example of this being President Obama's transitioning particular aspects of future space exploration from NASA into the hands of Space X, which generated short-term costs but will create long-term benefits. Just because I am willing to criticize President Obama or other leadership does not mean I think they are evil. Constraints to prevent the formation of a corporate oligarchy will also be necessary). Any other creative solutions are welcome, by all means you are not obligated to agree with me, but I think we should all be able to agree we cannot keep doing what we are doing as a society and expect this is going to end well. We cannot have 2 or 4 or 12 more years of a gridlocked congress, and if that is too much to ask of Democrat and Republican politicians our system gives us all the power we need to give them the boot without so much as a trickle of blood. That is the beauty of America, the power lies with the people, but not if we continue to simply give it away without a fight to people who have their own best interest and/or the interests of a deeply flawed political institution at heart.

¹I could tell you where I am hearing this from, but I do not have to. Intrinsic knowledge, which I may or may not be drawing on, is the accumulation of information into the subconscious and is a natural part of everyday conversation, which is where the real damage from misinformation comes into play and why it's so annoying for so many people when media actors are constantly going "can you believe Donald Trump said something that isn't 100% accurate?!?!" None of us are ever 100% accurate, and all you so-called journalists with a teleprompter in front of you at all times do not impress me with your so-called knowledge.)

²Thanks mostly to the scam that I naïvely fell for thinking I could trust the people at Haddad Dealerships. Finance guy comes out to me after chatting with Greylock Federal Credit Union and points to a chart, "can you afford that?" It is over $100 more per month than I told him I could pay, but because I was too weak to assert myself and I was caught off-guard, I said "yeah I think so." They were so "nice" to me, chatting me up about the Eagle's Super Bowl win I was so excited about as a distraction. Later on, I found out he had tacked on a $3000 insurance policy (that he got a direct commission on) without telling me. A poor man like myself does not have options after getting screwed like that, but hey, that's American capitalism right? "Find suckers" so you can live your life pointlessly in luxury while people we apparently don't care about at all suffer and starve around the globe. "There's nothing we can do about that." Really, there is nothing we can do to stop our democratically elected government from dropping bombs around the globe? There's nothing we can do to stop allegedly recyclable plastic and garbage from being dumped in a neighborhood in Malaysia? There's nothing we can do to stop wasting 40% of the global annual food supply and improve the efficiency of supply chains? (We as a society are having a conversation about global internet before a conversation on ending starvation for God's sake!) Whatever helps you sleep at night.

adam

BANNED
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
If we all look to do things that dont harm others and try to stop that which harms others we would do good for others and ourselves - life is simple we make it complicated

In the context of what is written its worth watching the video comments made on the key passages of President Eisenhowers farewell speech - along with the speech itself - reviewed via the National Archieves in the link below. Its less than 4 minutes

New letters and notes were recently discovered - they are from and to the Presidents speech writer and show how the speech came about.

This speech was really important to Eisenhower - and should be important to all of us who want a free positive world. This goes above nation its about humanity

The documents show the President wanted to give the speech for a longtime and took several years to finalize it (speech given Jan 1961 with letters about it going back to May 1959)

We have still not taken on board the lesson or messages we have to learn and put into effect -

View: https://youtu.be/oVg-LC--puM

President Eisenhower seems to have put his own interests to one side in all matters in his life

There is an interesting documentary on his life - how he grew up, the losses he suffered and how his army career almost came to an end.

It seems very much that life is about living the consequences of the decisions we made in the past.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvOgUJazdw

Last edited:

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
hmmm. this diatribe goes 'round and round'. i can only say this, it is Your job, not someone else's, to 'look out for Your best interests'. d
Make it about me, classic! The fend-for yourself vibe you are giving off is the only problem on this Earth, and while you might feel comfortable saying "get over yourself" in so many words, my simple point is that our society is structured so that the only way you can survive is by lying constantly and giving no consideration to the greater good. Humanity will be wiped from existence given the continuation of this manner of thinking. I hope you are still alive when the mega droughts hit and America is being blasted by a dozen major hurricanes every year so that you can enjoy this wonderful experience of "looking after your own interest". Selfish, short-sighted, arrogant, and stupid. Hence why I have continued to state we will be getting exactly what we deserve.

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
i am wondering what you expect to accomplish, here. we can all sit here and say the same thing and agree with one another. that's about it.
I am wondering the same thing. Why do I waste my time talking to brick walls in human form? We need to start making better decisions man, it's that simple. I am not suggesting we shall all suddenly become perfect, but I'm saying the human suffering to be wrought by our SIMPLE CHOICES AS CONSUMERS AND VOTERS is unacceptable. Our sad and aimless/pathetic lives will be disrupted by wave after wave of disaster and anarchy until there is nothing left.

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
If we all look to do things that dont harm others and try to stop that which harms others we would do good for others and ourselves - life is simple we make it complicated

In the context of what is written its worth watching the video comments made on the key passages of President Eisenhowers farewell speech - along with the speech itself - reviewed via the National Archieves in the link below. Its less than 4 minutes

New letters and notes were recently discovered - they are from and to the Presidents speech writer and show how the speech came about.

This speech was really important to Eisenhower - and should be important to all of us who want a free positive world. This goes above nation its about humanity

The documents show the President wanted to give the speech for a longtime and took several years to finalize it (speech given Jan 1961 with letters about it going back to May 1959)

We have still not taken on board the lesson or messages we have to learn and put into effect -

President Eisenhower seems to have put his own interests to one side in all matters in his life

There is an interesting documentary on his life - how he grew up, the losses he suffered and how his army career almost came to an end.

It seems very much that life is about living the consequences of the decisions we made in the past.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvOgUJazdw
eisenhower seems like he was a great man, prescient if nothing else. It is sad we don't have leaders like this anymore. "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who are hungry and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." Life is simple, and if humanity is to die out it will be simply because we cannot get basic priorities in order. We need to start viewing all of humanity as a superorganism with a unified purpose if we want to survive. Stonehenge was built from 5000 BC to 1500 BC if memory serves correctly. Can you imagine any human society spending generations on the same project today? We need to, and that project is simply surviving what's coming. Thank you again for being the lone voice of reason I have yet to encounter on this forum.

Reactions: og118
One has to deny human nature, and planet nature, to believe that life can be fair, simple and safe. Or to believe one can change this world of might and violence. Your parents and your education should have prepared you for this reality. It's a basic tenant of adult awareness. This awareness instills standards for behavior. Those standards, or lack of, define the society. Society=standards, standards=society.

Want a better society......improve the standards. Want to destroy a society, redefine and pervert the standards.

adam

BANNED
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Those standards, or lack of, define the society. Society=standards, standards=society.

Want a better society......improve the standards.

I agree with you there seems a strong link between

"Society=standards, standards=society"

So what the individual does is key as society is made up of individuals.

One has to deny human nature, and planet nature, to believe that life can be fair, simple and safe. Or to believe one can change this world of might and violence. Your parents and your education should have prepared you for this reality. It's a basic tenant of adult awareness.

Many perhaps most scientific break-throughs come from the actions of individuals who reject the given doctrines - often at a cost to themselves - and change this world of might and violence for the benefit of all.

Individual action and pressure makes a difference. Votes count , how we live and what we say, do and buy changes the society we live in

Its pretty much what President Eisenhower said in his farewell speech - we need informed active citizens

We know the media does not report very important events properly even long after the event, so we seriously cannot think they do so now. The media has no interest in showing it has failed or reminding us of the lessons of history - so we stop repeating them. Advertizing revenue buys silence.

We know silicon valley filters out news items or websites they say are unfit and that government agencies break the law but are not punished.

Who monitors the media or the NSA - no one really.

Just look at Operation Northwoods -1962 - no one talks about it.

Its unbelievable BUT Operation Northwoods was a written plan formally signed off on by the US joint chiefs of staff to plant bombs etc in the USA, kill US citizens and blame Cuba, so the USA had an excuse to invade.

The Operation Northwoods plan was made just after President Eisenhower left office in 1961
(President Kennedy refused to sign off on the plan)

So all President Eisenhower warned about in 1961 came true very quickly within the USA and the USA was doing this abroad long before and after Northwoods - even in Europe

We as individuals have to do what is right if only to protect ourselves and our children. When we fail society declines and eventually fails. See past empires - Roman etc.

Citizens who chant for Trump or Biden are not the answer - but ones who champion what is fair, free and simple. That does not mean giving in to others, it means being responsible and open to discussion and change that is free from crony deals

Neither the Trump or Biden or their supporters seems well informed, rather they are good at repeating what their crony media pumps out and disregarding the alternative ways forward

The Western system has always been a type of crony capitalist system not a democracy. That does not mean China or Russia are the answer.

We seem to be moving back to a more public robber baron type society with huge power influence in the hands of Murdoc, Gates, silicon valley, Soros, Putin, Xi, etc etc

Some form or degree of Chinese style crony state system of control appears to be the future, where free speech is even more self policed and filtered out and various families have great power - Bush, Clinton, Gates, Xi etc

In the USA we have a type of self imposed internet firewall - which filters out news which those with power over the media want removed.

Politically appointed people hold power in all aspects of life which probably makes political legal cases more subject to political bias.

We know cronyism is everywhere - a very simple example is that Chinese President Xi's wife is an ambassador for the World Health Organization

However we can all effect what happens and move towards a better society by what we say, do and buy.

As opposed to saying dont buy something do the opposite

Buy products from souces you know are good.

Buy free range animal products, not corn fed beef or factory farmed animal products or meat or fruit from jungle cleared land.

Buy products from China, India etc only that are made in factories inspected for human rights standards.

Say you want better products - Ask in the shops or on line for products certified from inspected sources.

If only 5% of people ask it will create a huge potential market so it will be likely to effect the future - the vegan and organic food market happened that way by demand.

While life might not be fair, simple and safe, if we dont try to move towards that goal, it will become worse for everyone including ourselves because eventually society will breakdown. See previous empires or times for what happens with a break down - Roman, Persian, Greek, dark ages etc

This world of "of might and violence" has been changed by individuals trying to bring about what is fair, simple and safe - it takes many small steps and time - for example education for women, the treatment of animals and the concept of human rights - the moderate forms of christian, buddhist, muslim, jewish and other religions promote positive values let us do what is fair and say no thank you to what we know is not ok.

Note

USA efforts at Regime Change or changing elections still go on "today" in the Middle East, the Ukraine and even in the UK where President Obama tried to influence the outcome of the election / referendum about leaving the EU - BREXIT

We have some idea that what has happened may not be OK, or at least not done with a good intent. Regime change has gone badly too many times to be a positive factor.

Speak up for a change - for a press that reports the news in a balanced way and for an ending of what we have now.

Reactions: efarina96

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
One has to deny human nature, and planet nature, to believe that life can be fair, simple and safe. Or to believe one can change this world of might and violence. Your parents and your education should have prepared you for this reality. It's a basic tenant of adult awareness. This awareness instills standards for behavior. Those standards, or lack of, define the society. Society=standards, standards=society.

Want a better society......improve the standards. Want to destroy a society, redefine and pervert the standards.
Cynical justification for giving up on life and humanity. The truth is life will never be perfect, but that doesn't mean we have to accept that human beings are awful life is awful and humanity will inevitably die. Evolution is the means by which we were granted infinite potential, not potential to apathetically rationalize the destruction of our species and our only home as simply being inevitable. You are right about one thing, I should have been more prepared for this nonsense. My parents believed evolution was part of a grand plot to undermine Christianity. Then my peers led me to believe life is meaningless and there can be no higher purpose than satisfying momentary pleasures and exploiting each other to no end. It's BS and your cynical attitude has consequences. You think it's convenient for me to put myself out here like this? I got fired from my last job for inhibiting the ability of my bosses and co-workers to disassociate themselves from reality and quietly live a pointless existence while we destroy our only home and humanity's future out of sheer intellectual laziness like the rationalized indifference you just displayed. I disassociated my self and gave up for a long time. I was weak, and now I am broken. Trying to find my way back up and all I get is people kicking me while I'm down, calling me a liar and telling me a thousand different ways to get over myself. I haven't given up.

Someone had a depressive episode last night.
I accept evoltionary theory and also belive that my goal is to make mine and others lives better for as long as I can. I think, but I won't speak for Hayseed when I say that, he meant that human societies are built on our standards, and If we improve them, perhaps for equality, that improves the society. Violence is intrinsic to us and society is how we control ourselves. There will always be 'bad apples'. You are the one being cynical here. You are not granted infinite potential, life itself is. You are a vehicle for the continuance for your genetics above all others. If you can use your advantages to help others, your awareness of self and human cognitive ability to rise above your biological purpose and decide to improve others lives, you have contributed to a society of thinking beings.

Reactions: Chem721

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
Someone had a depressive episode last night.
I accept evoltionary theory and also belive that my goal is to make mine and others lives better for as long as I can. I think, but I won't speak for Hayseed when I say that, he meant that human societies are built on our standards, and If we improve them, perhaps for equality, that improves the society. Violence is intrinsic to us and society is how we control ourselves. There will always be 'bad apples'. You are the one being cynical here. You are not granted infinite potential, life itself is. You are a vehicle for the continuance for your genetics above all others. If you can use your advantages to help others, your awareness of self and human cognitive ability to rise above your biological purpose and decide to improve others lives, you have contributed to a society of thinking beings.
We agree more than disagree. Please note: "Evolution is the means by which we were granted infinite potential" please note the use of the word "we" and not "I". Your attempts to paint me as self-absorbed ARE cynical whether you like it or not and are completely inconsistent with the language I used, which makes it clear that I do not view my own life as having infinite potential, but rather the collective experience of humanity. So thank you for confirming my point and let me know if you have any other thoughts. I want you to think about how fundamentally insane it is that I am talking about the path we are on towards THE DESTRUCTION OF SOCIETY AND THE END OF HUMAN CIVILIZATIONS and all you can do is make it about me. I would love to contribute to a society of thinking beings the problem is it doesn't exist. What does Gandhi think of Western Civilization? "I think it would be a good idea." I am inclined to agree with him.