Original Variant does repel UK variant

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Adult A has small 2 bedroom house in UK and had original variant in April 2020 - not tested but symptoms proved they had it
Adult B moves in permanently with adult A recently and adult B tested positive for new UK variant
Both isolate together for 14 days
Adult A used quick tests every other day and did lab test at the end of the 14 days = all negative
As they both breathed the same air etc for 14 days then it seems to prove that having the original will stave off the new variant ??

Good news that the original covid-19 variant produces antibodies effective against the newly mutated, more lethal UK variant. However, the basic concern is still undefined. That is, how long do the antibodies from the original covid-19 infection and/or the any of the vaccines last? The latest estimate I read stated approx. 5 months to a year. If that is accurate, such portends having to get a covid-19 vaccine annually, until covid-19 goes extinct or becomes non human infectious.

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Lets hope so

From what the experts and politicians are alluding to in the UK it seems that we might end up with an annual covid vaccine for just the most vulnerable to ward off the new variants because it is assumed that the original vaccines will ward off the worse effects of new variants

That would mean we end up with many getting mild covid every year but very few ending up in hospital and dying

Reactions: Snorrie
Adult A has small 2 bedroom house in UK and had original variant in April 2020 - not tested but symptoms proved they had it [Roj5 - Symptoms do not prove anything other than you likely have an infection of sorts].
Adult B moves in permanently with adult A recently and adult B tested positive for new UK variant
Both isolate together for 14 days
Adult A used quick tests every other day and did lab test at the end of the 14 days = all negative [Roj5 - It makes no sense to test every other day, why would they do this?]
As they both breathed the same air etc for 14 days then it seems to prove that having the original will stave off the new variant ?? [Roj5 - Does not prove anything. It has not been confirmed that Adult A had COVID and not every person in the world would catch the virus regardless of exposure. To date I have never had the flu, but I can cofnirm my spouse has been laid up twice while we have been together].

Responses in [] above.