Only one lab in China can safely handle the new coronavirus

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Wow, that's an incredibly Pollyanna view of the situation.

The only BSL-4 lab built in China, which is already facing accusations of facilitating bio-weapons research is "accidentally" at the same location of the novel coronavirus release/appearance?

China needs to be put on a bio-weapons watch list and sanctioned. I don't know how this simple math is escaping a majority of the press releases related to coronavirus.

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Wow, that's an incredibly Pollyanna view of the situation.

The only BSL-4 lab built in China, which is already facing accusations of facilitating bio-weapons research is "accidentally" at the same location of the novel coronavirus release/appearance?

China needs to be put on a bio-weapons watch list and sanctioned. I don't know how this simple math is escaping a majority of the press releases related to coronavirus.
They knew this from the beginning, but the optics are rather bad. Lol.

As an escalating viral outbreak unfolds in China, only one lab in the country meets the required biosafety standards needed to study the new disease.

Do you need more than one?

The USA from a G00gle search has thirteen but would all of them be utilised for studying the new virus?

Should China look to increase their BSL-4 capacity I am sure the world would react in fear of weaponising etc..

It is quite a while since the article and comment, reactivated by Scruffins, but it looks like CHina have faired far better than most countries with their one facility, unless the aim of the post is of a differing nature.

Consider what would happen if a human contagious entity were brought back to Earth in an extraterrestrial sample. The availability of BSL-4 capacity and research ability might be paramount to our species' survival. Only fools or the mentally ill would deliberately develop an Earth virus into a bioweapon which could eventually kill its creators.

Reactions: JackWhite
Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Consider what would happen if a human contagious entity were brought back to Earth in an extraterrestrial sample. The availability of BSL-4 capacity and research ability might be paramount to our species' survival. Only fools or the mentally ill would deliberately develop an Earth virus into a bioweapon which could eventually kill its creators.

True statement but one does not cancel the other :) We have lots of mad people on Earth so I would not be surprised if this one was created by a mad person who knew all the risks.

Sadly and frighteningly, additional information and data revealed in the past two years since the covid-19 pandemic appeared, indicates that the global pharmaceutical industry seems to have current "Gain of Function" on-going programs at sundry labs around the world. Michael Crichton's riveting book "The Andromeda Strain" now has a prescience beyond "space exploration" science fiction.