Omicron - Deaths Involving COVID.

Sep 6, 2020
I know the position many hold in respect of Covid being a cause of death regardless of how a person died, i.e. should a person without symptoms sadly die from a heart attack and test positive, Covid potentially was included in the statistics.
However I do not want this thread to jump into this route...

Omicron we know is far more transmissible with huge numbers of people testing positive... This statistically will prove a problem.... We are now accepting that this variant causes less severe illness but now we have the risk due to so many infections of death rate appearing high incorrectly.

How are [your] countries adapting their reporting to give more accurate statistics, or is it now time to stop media reporting/ reporting altogether and revert to how seasonal flu is measured?

Reactions: DMH
Mar 4, 2020
From what I've experienced, the people here in the states are adapting by not believing our media, our experts or our government. They all lie so much. With no shame when caught.

The information we get here is very restricted. No one will say how many have died from the vaccine. With all previous vaccines, this number is closely watched......but no data on this vaccine. With trials, the people used are screened and selected. When it goes public, it reacts with of lot of untested people types. We withdrew the swine flu vaccine at 50 deaths.

The present vaccines certainly do not stop the spread. It will be years before a determination can be made if they were even beneficial. AND how they redefine "beneficial".

But it's getting old here, even for the media, so I'm sure we'll be hearing shortly about another imminent threat to our existence.

It's a cartoon here.

Sep 6, 2020
From what I've experienced, the people here in the states are adapting by not believing our media, our experts or our government. They all lie so much. With no shame when caught.
You're either misunderstanding or wanting to change the topic... I am not asking about belief in the system, nor am I asking about the vaccine...

Assuming the following link is correct, around 8000 Americans die each day from all causes:

As Omicron is so transmissible, it is very likely a large number of the 8000 would test positive compared to previous variants, not withstanding that you can be re-infected having had earlier variants.

My question is, how are countries changing their reporting of deaths as the old system will report very high COVID deaths against a less severe illness which is completely inaccurate.

DMH

Jan 25, 2022
I know the position many hold in respect of Covid being a cause of death regardless of how a person died, i.e. should a person without symptoms sadly die from a heart attack and test positive, Covid potentially was included in the statistics.
However I do not want this thread to jump into this route...

Omicron we know is far more transmissible with huge numbers of people testing positive... This statistically will prove a problem.... We are now accepting that this variant causes less severe illness but now we have the risk due to so many infections of death rate appearing high incorrectly.

How are [your] countries adapting their reporting to give more accurate statistics, or is it now time to stop media reporting/ reporting altogether and revert to how seasonal flu is measured?
The media will spin the pandemic to suit it's ratings. Most media have fallen in line with the CDC. But a small number of media have completely spun the CDC's findings into conspiracy for sport.

The way that I see it, is if you die and are discovered to have SARS-CoV-2, did the virus actually cause Covid-19 that could then be attributed to the death of the person. If the answer is yes, and the person did have Covid-19, then Covid-19 would have been the cause of death, only if Covid-19 had been found to have been in the infected organ or sub-organs supporting the organ that failed that caused the death.

If the person did test positive for SARS-CoV-2 but Covid-19 had not been discovered to have infected the organs of the deceased, then the death would not have been related to Covid-19.

Sep 6, 2020
The media will spin the pandemic to suit it's ratings. Most media have fallen in line with the CDC. But a small number of media have completely spun the CDC's findings into conspiracy for sport.

The way that I see it, is if you die and are discovered to have SARS-CoV-2, did the virus actually cause Covid-19 that could then be attributed to the death of the person. If the answer is yes, and the person did have Covid-19, then Covid-19 would have been the cause of death, only if Covid-19 had been found to have been in the infected organ or sub-organs supporting the organ that failed that caused the death.

If the person did test positive for SARS-CoV-2 but Covid-19 had not been discovered to have infected the organs of the deceased, then the death would not have been related to Covid-19.
Thank you, but it doesn't answer my question about how your country is changing the way t reports COVID deaths...

This is your opinion with a spin on the media.

DMH

Jan 25, 2022
Thank you, but it doesn't answer my question about how your country is changing the way t reports COVID deaths...

This is your opinion with a spin on the media.
Not really certain about how the entire U.S. reports Covid related deaths.

I do know that some major media outlets in the U.S. dismissed Covid relates deaths as being flu related during the beginning of the pandemic. Some media outlets have changed their narrative on how Covid deaths are reported, no one really knows any longer.

I think the real metric that is being used on how Covid deaths are reported is how a family member wants the Covid related death to be reported, which is seemingly and obviously geared towards a political agenda.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS