Oldest Viking settlement possibly unearthed in Iceland

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
I have been complaining to LS for years about the use of Imperial Measurements in articles instead of the SI measurements that should be used - with no response - it is hard to understand how a supposedly "Scientific" journal feels it has to cater scientifically illiterate Yankees . .

Anyway, this post is about a related matter - the frequent use of bad / incorrect English in the articles - for example - does the title of this article mean that the writer is not sure if the settlement was unearthed or not? - I am guessing he is trying to say that it is possibly the oldest Viking settlement found so far . .

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Talking of 'illiterate' and 'the use of bad/incorrect English': it is 'cater for'.
In response to your pompous rudeness: I am by no means scientifically illiterate; however, I have no problem using Imperial measurements - neither do my older scientific friends. The Americans have achieved so much in the field of technology and science using Imperial measurements, therefore it is respectful and convenient for many people to use their terms. I have enormous respect for America and am fed up with brainwashed fools attacking them.
Furthermore, I have no problem understanding the title. Is it not some lacking on your part or perhaps manic nit-picking?
Why not vent your asinine spleen somewhere else?

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
In response to your pompous rudeness: I am by no means scientifically illiterate; however, I have no problem using Imperial measurements - neither do my older scientific friends. The Americans have achieved so much in the field of technology and science using Imperial measurements, therefore it is respectful and convenient for many people to use their terms. I have enormous respect for America and am fed up with brainwashed fools attacking them.
Furthermore, I have no problem understanding the title. Is it not some lacking on your part or perhaps manic nit-picking?
Why not vent your asinine spleen somewhere else?

Yes, Yankees are very clever:

1. Look at the COVID-19 per capita rates by country . . and then develop a metric that also takes into account wealth per capita . . very clever medical management . .

2. The US Military-Industrial-Intelligence-Financial Complex virtually guarantees that The World's Sixt Mass Exintction will accelerate to its inevitable conclusion in the near term . . also extremely clever . .

3. The US is basically a "Failed State" in terms of looking after its population - marvellously clever . .

Last edited:

Edd

Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
Guess you are not so clever, since nothing has changed.

And by the way, you're welcome having saved your country in WW I and WW II.

Jun 24, 2020
Visit site
you know Russia did most of the heavy lifting in WW2 right? have you studied international ww2 history? The US didn't really care until pearl harbor. And then we committed two atrocities that have never been repeated.