Normal living

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
I,m 54 and i live and care for 3 disabled family, my parents and my sister. i also hold down a full time job. This self isolation is worrying because how would a person who cares for people cope. My parents and sister are all in the at risk group because of their medical conditions. Work place has basically put hand washing notices in place, nothing else. No guidelines, self isolation from media doesn't help carers. Government hasn't mentioned carers, so what do i do.

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi Kessian, are you able to get delivery to your house so you dont have to go out shopping? 100% understand what a worrying time it must be for you, I hope the NHS will post guidelines that will help you out soon.

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
In similar circumstances. Lost both parents and now care for my spouse. Thankfully I do NOT have a full time job outside the house but admit the idea of HAVING to stay home all the time is wearing on my mind. It was one thing when it was just hard to go out, another thing to know we really CAN'T now. Know you are not alone and hoping this will pass.

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
I have posted once before and this is not referring to any of your answers . I live with 3 very vunurable people and i have also spoken to my employers about this. They suggested i move, i care for those people. Keep your distance from them then, I cook their meals and make sure they take their medication. Keep your distance.

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
My job is classed as a key worker as our company provides equipment to NHS and care homes as well as individuals. My m main role is decomtaminating equipment for re-use. Asked my employer about equipment coming back from hospitals, wether it is sterilised before we receive it, basically they said it is up to the hospital to inform them there is no procedure in place to guarantee that infected equipment has already been cleaned. This adds to my worries about my family

Lutfij

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Might I ask how you get a hold of the equipment that you distribute? If you were to walk us through to how your daily routine is, maybe we'd be able to pick apart a portion of the routine to help safeguard you. Is it at all possible to disinfect the equipment prior to distribution or prior to pick? The sad fact is that mishaps in this current situation can be very costly.

Also, I'd like to thank you for the efforts you're doing for your country against this war with the virus. Being on the front lines isn't easy and even more so when you're tending to family.
*an applause for you, my friend*

Stay strong, we'll all get through this!

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Mostly we distribute to disabled but we also provide beds and disability equipment to hospitals, care homes and individuals. Currently beds to hospitals are high in demand and collections and decom are constant, My main concern is am i and my family at greater risk. Management seem to think its ok, i'm concerned about infected equipment coming back which is infected. management shrug it of

Lutfij

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
For your sake, since you're stating that the residents in your flat are at high risk, you should either make sure you're disinfected prior to meeting up with your resident occupants or you should leave the post you're in.

You should probably see if you can talk to management to see if the people returning the equipment can disinfect them before handing it off. Surface transmission would be the key mode of infection for you, since you're handling equipment. If you're cleaning the equipment, then well, disinfect yourself and any exposed part of your body(to the air) before entering your home.

[redacted]

My 2 cents though :/

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
My management, i really don't think they realise just how concerned we are. They are safe in their offices and only communicate when they want something done. We have PPE, and that is their answer (we have PPE). wash your hands more often is their biggest input.