New quantum paradox throws the foundations of observed reality into question

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
There has to be a way... if I learned anything from science thus far is that we just haven't thought of a way to do it yet. Like in space, scientist learned how to see through all the dust to see whats behind it. Maybe figure out how many particles are needed to see right at the boundaries of optical .

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Speaking of light. This is all hypothetical of course . Let's say a space ship can travel the speed of light and you build a tube running from the tail of the ship to the front of the ship during construction of the ship. In that tube will be a seat on a track that can be pulled by a cable or what ever means from the tail end of the tube to the front end of the tube. Now, the ship manages to get to the speed of light and some one sits in the seat and gets pulled to the front of the ship . Would that person in the seat be traveling faster then the speed of light or does something else happens?

Feb 28, 2020
Visit site
Speaking of light. This is all hypothetical of course . Let's say a space ship can travel the speed of light and you build a tube running from the tail of the ship to the front of the ship during construction of the ship. In that tube will be a seat on a track that can be pulled by a cable or what ever means from the tail end of the tube to the front end of the tube. Now, the ship manages to get to the speed of light and some one sits in the seat and gets pulled to the front of the ship . Would that person in the seat be traveling faster then the speed of light or does something else happens?
First I think you'd get more answers if you asked it as a separate question, as its not got much to do with quantum paradox. Anyway, its got to do with special relativity which I don't know much about. All I can say with certainty is that nothing can go faster than light speed. Also, you cannot actually get to the speed of light because mass increases with speed and at light-speed mass would become infinite, you can only ever get close. I suspect the person in the seat would be seen to be going fractionally faster but still always below light speed. :)

Reactions: ThinkTank
Feb 28, 2020
Visit site
Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
It used to be thought of as instantaneous, but some research done in quanta magazine suggests it's a gradual transition.

I like to think there's no such thing as instant, it seems nonsense to me.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/quantum-leaps-long-assumed-to-be-instantaneous-take-time-20190605/ :)
That's an intriguing article. I can't believe I missed that one. I agree , I dont believe in instantaneous myself. I dont think particle entanglement's shared properties are instantaneous either. One thing I've learned from science , there is always a phase between two events. I think it's really weird how we mostly see the negitive charge to everything . I wonder how things would look if there was protons in everything instead of electrons in everthing. Maybe if there was a way to detect the positive charge to reality. If there is even one. I often wondered if it's due to the metalisity of our galaxy. The galaxies with no matelisity would have to have different kinds of particles there. It's really difficult to comprehend.

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
I think quantum tunneling is
: replace one electron with another electron. The electron on the north side of the barrier fits nicely into a slot and the energy channels through the barrier and pops an electron out the south side of the barrier with the same energy.

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
The double slit experiment? Is the change due to Einstein's interpretation of all mass curves space time.? Well a human body is massive. Would that affect the curvature of space time on a quantum scale? Maybe conciousness has a massive property and in theory would have an affect on space time on a quantum scale.