New COVID-19 vaccine shows promise in monkeys. Next step: humans.

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
Revolting testing on any animals especially primates - 95% of all animal trails fail in human protocols - Nothing but animal abuse to justify funding

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
Revolting testing on any animals especially primates - 95% of all animal trails fail in human protocols - Nothing but animal abuse to justify funding
I have to agree. I do not value innocent non-humans any less than innocent humans. Seems to me that volunteering for clinical trials might be a good way for convicted felons to repay a debt to society and perhaps quality for a reduction in sentence. Monkeys owe nothing to the world, but human criminals do.

Before I say this, I am NOT advocating for killing innocent animals.

Do you understand that taking antibiotics and washing your hands are killing Bacteria and other microscopic life in monumental quantities? They are nonhumans that even if they are germs, they don't know it. They didn't choose to be that way. Just playing Devils advocate.

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
This sounds too good to be true. If all it takes is an inactivated version of the original virus, this vaccine could allow, as the article suggests, underdeveloped countries to easily manufacture it.

If it is so simple why has no one come up with the idea? Why is the Bill Gates foundation spending billions to pre-build massive infrastructure to mass-produce the successful version for any of the seven vaccines candidates in the US?

I am not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories, but this has all the hallmarks of a PR campaign orchestrated by the Chinese government.

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
Before I say this, I am NOT advocating for killing innocent animals.

Do you understand that taking antibiotics and washing your hands are killing Bacteria and other microscopic life in monumental quantities? They are nonhumans that even if they are germs, they don't know it. They didn't choose to be that way. Just playing Devils advocate.
I don't think we need to go there. All life puts its own survival first, even if it means sacrificing another life. I am not a vegan or even a vegetarian. I wash my hands and my dishes with antibacterial cleansers and never once give a thought to the "lives" I'm snuffing out. But I do try to trap and release spiders and water bugs from my home. I acquire pets from shelters, not from breeders. And I would, without reservation, drag my child out of the way of an oncoming car (or fire) even if I would be hit instead, or sacrifice my own food or medications to make sure he has his.
The coronavirus appears to be valuing its life above ours (and even our cats'). We must put our own survival first. All I'm suggesting is that we brilliantly intelligent humans try to avoid sacrificing our closest blameless mammal relatives by offering our repentant human felons the opportunity to pay back society by volunteering for clinical trials. Bacteria can't quite equate to humans in serious clinical trials.

I don't think we need to go there. All life puts its own survival first, even if it means sacrificing another life. I am not a vegan or even a vegetarian. I wash my hands and my dishes with antibacterial cleansers and never once give a thought to the "lives" I'm snuffing out. But I do try to trap and release spiders and water bugs from my home. I acquire pets from shelters, not from breeders. And I would, without reservation, drag my child out of the way of an oncoming car (or fire) even if I would be hit instead, or sacrifice my own food or medications to make sure he has his.
The coronavirus appears to be valuing its life above ours (and even our cats'). We must put our own survival first. All I'm suggesting is that we brilliantly intelligent humans try to avoid sacrificing our closest blameless mammal relatives by offering our repentant human felons the opportunity to pay back society by volunteering for clinical trials. Bacteria can't quite equate to humans in serious clinical trials.
That's an interesting idea. Is it possible that criminals could exploit that system?

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
That's an interesting idea. Is it possible that criminals could exploit that system?
Well, they exploit (via defense attorneys and humane laws re: prisoners) most every other leniency we provide them. But once they're convicted and incarcerated, should they volunteer as guinea pigs for medical clinical trials, they will incur a civilian lock-down under the supervision of both medical and correctional personnel. They would be doubly supervised and restrained. And should they be trying to FAKE symptoms to get out of jail free, they would be caught immediately by the docs and sent back to prison, maybe with a few years added onto their sentences for fraud. All I'm suggesting is that we give the repentant GUILTY the opportunity to expiate some of their "sins" in order to save the innocent animals and reclaim value as contributing citizens. I believe many would jump at the chance for societal redemption; and medical trials could proceed with HUMAN subjects; and the wildlife could be left alone to pursue the innocent lives they've lived for millennia.

Thank you for your interest. I love smart, thoughtful people even when we disagree on some things.

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
Well, they exploit (via defense attorneys and humane laws re: prisoners) most every other leniency we provide them. But once they're convicted and incarcerated, should they volunteer as guinea pigs for medical clinical trials, they will incur a civilian lock-down under the supervision of both medical and correctional personnel. They would be doubly supervised and restrained. And should they be trying to FAKE symptoms to get out of jail free, they would be caught immediately by the docs and sent back to prison, maybe with a few years added onto their sentences for fraud. All I'm suggesting is that we give the repentant GUILTY the opportunity to expiate some of their "sins" in order to save the innocent animals and reclaim value as contributing citizens. I believe many would jump at the chance for societal redemption; and medical trials could proceed with HUMAN subjects; and the wildlife could be left alone to pursue the innocent lives they've lived for millennia.

Thank you for your interest. I love smart, thoughtful people even when we disagree on some things.
Makes sense.
Hugs to you and yours. Please add me to your "NOT creationist" tally. (I acknowledge that I am as puny as any other human. XOXO)