New coronavirus from China: Everything you need to know

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
this is great information written very well. however, I have a spooky question. Everyone knows how to avoid Wuhan, but what do you do when you CANT GET OUT?!?! (because the gov. is starting to cut it off from the rest of the world)

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
this is great information written very well. however, I have a spooky question. Everyone knows how to avoid Wuhan, but what do you do when you CANT GET OUT?!?! (because the gov. is starting to cut it off from the rest of the world)
Stay as far away from fish and animal markets as possible, avoid all celebrations and large crowds. Try to stay semi-isolated, especially if it gets worse. Always keep on a face mask, something to filter the air going into your lungs. Be cautious of things like doorknobs, etc. Wash everything in your home and wash yourself very well.

Other than that, I guess there's really nothing you can do. Just hope for the best.

Reactions: KRFB and LCarlson
Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
View: https://i.imgur.com/s2Rv3da.jpg
here’s a social media post backing up my claim

Rough, literal translation:
Join forces to victory 🤗, finally some good food, feel like starving for 2 days 😂 in Lyon, the city of delicacies, of course we mush eat Michelin la 😏 Just before departure I still had a mild fever with coughing, scare die me, immediately took medicine, constantly checking my body temperature, luckily my temp has decreased, so departure and entry were very smooth 🐧

Reactions: VoiceOfReason
Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
The beast is loose in the fields of Bethlehem, the coronavirus is sweeping across the lands. We all fixin to die

Well maybe not but be extra diligent about taking the recommended precautions for a flu season, this doesn't sound good

Reactions: kate~=7
Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
New coronavirus from China is the hot trend for today. When I’m on any kind of social media, I have seen a lot of this news on my feed. Although it spread dramatically in China, people should be aware of it because it can easily infect in both human and animal. The dialogue of coronavirus seems like normal cold, but it extremely dangerous. According to the report, majority of people in Wuhan because was killed by this virus. In my opinion, I think the governments should be more strict to tourists from China to prevent the spread of virus to their citizens. This is very serious issue that we should be concern and follow the current news everyday because it’s not far from us anymore. Every time when we step out to somewhere, don’t forget to wear a mask, avoid to get close to others and always washing our hands.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Great information, but way toofocussed on danger to the USA and the
response to it. Americans really need to acknowledge that there are other countries. The earlier article detailed the western countries affected, and then said 'and several Asian countries'. It's actually here in Australia too. We are visiting relatives in Vietnam and Indonesia in a few weeks, so it would be nice to know about the risk there. The coverage is way too America-centric.

Reactions: LCarlson
Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
New coronavirus from China is the hot trend for today. When I’m on any kind of social media, I have seen a lot of this news on my feed. Although it spread dramatically in China, people should be aware of it because it can easily infect in both human and animal. The dialogue of coronavirus seems like normal cold, but it extremely dangerous. According to the report, majority of people in Wuhan because was killed by this virus. In my opinion, I think the governments should be more strict to tourists from China to prevent the spread of virus to their citizens. This is very serious issue that we should be concern and follow the current news everyday because it’s not far from us anymore. Every time when we step out to somewhere, don’t forget to wear a mask, avoid to get close to others and always washing our hands.

The common cold kills way more people than that, claiming roughly 50000 life annually. Besides, alcohol claims 1/20 deaths. (According to the World Health Organization) Thats roughly 3 million a year. Alcohol which tons of people drink is by far a greater threat to preserving human life.

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Man I hope ur a kid, bc I don’t think an adult would not understand the logic of not putting every Chinese into one category. I don’t think all Chinese ppl are selfish. People everywhere are the same. Please understand that
The beast is loose in the fields of Bethlehem, the coronavirus is sweeping across the lands. We all fixin to die

Well maybe not but be extra diligent about taking the recommended precautions for a flu season, this doesn't sound good

Chill its all good. The common cold is a death sentence in comparison to this. Litterally.

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Given the fact that both SARS and this new coronavirus initiated from the same situation, that would be the wet markets, where in China, animals are slaughtered without any regulations with other animals in close proximity, might it not be a really good idea to start regulating these markets? It would be a lot easier and cheaper to improve and impose regulations on the source rather than dealing with what is now happening. I'm wondering how the Chinese New year celebrations are working out this year and how profitable it's been??

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Great information, but way toofocussed on danger to the USA and the
response to it. Americans really need to acknowledge that there are other countries. The earlier article detailed the western countries affected, and then said 'and several Asian countries'. It's actually here in Australia too. We are visiting relatives in Vietnam and Indonesia in a few weeks, so it would be nice to know about the risk there. The coverage is way too America-centric.

Perhaps you may look up the news on this issue from Vietnamese sources?

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
Given the fact that both SARS and this new coronavirus initiated from the same situation, that would be the wet markets, where in China, animals are slaughtered without any regulations with other animals in close proximity, might it not be a really good idea to start regulating these markets? It would be a lot easier and cheaper to improve and impose regulations on the source rather than dealing with what is now happening. I'm wondering how the Chinese New year celebrations are working out this year and how profitable it's been??
That’s a good thought but have you ever been to one of these countries? There’s literally oil running from motorcycle repair places into the sewers and cash is used for most transactions. There’s a thick cloud of smog from all the cars burning oil, crop fields burning, and coal power plants. It’s hard to look at it from the right aspect if you haven’t seen it. They’re very far from any type of regulation. I’m in Vietnam right now and there’s literally piles of trash and rotting food in the streets during the new year celebrations.

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Yes indeed. And consider - China, Saudi Arabia and now I read, (unsurprisingly) India, all have questionable food practices. And all of which, two of at least, are full to bulging with occupants. Nor is this a first. Such conditions facilitate these viruses.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
"Dozens of Europeans hosbitalized today because of common cold. Proves greater threat than Chinese virus with scary name"

More people die from the common cold, this is comparativley insignificant. If this causes people to pannic, they are in a world for fear! Wait to you hear about the flu.
No offense but you’re not seeing the big picture and putting out bad information. Let me give you the cliff notes-
1) Millions of Chinese are traveling for their new year holiday and the virus has up to a two week incubation period
2) the chinese government is likely lying like they did with sars
3) the last time this happened was almost 20 years ago and they managed to contain the spread
4) this virus causes pneumonia

the facts are not all in about this virus the death count is only people who were officially diagnosed. This is very different from a common cold— it’s a virus that mutated from an animal (likely a snake).

Reactions: Therollout
Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
A virus that passes from an animal is not a common cold.
This, I'm told, is a mutated virus. That raises much greater concerns than a simple human cold.
And again, consider the circumstances of its origin. Again. What next? When? How bad might it potentially get. With more and more potential hosts jammed into the effectively same space? Seemingly ad infinitum...

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
No offense but you’re not seeing the big picture and putting out bad information. Let me give you the cliff notes-
1) Millions of Chinese are traveling for their new year holiday and the virus has up to a two week incubation period
2) the chinese government is likely lying like they did with sars
3) the last time this happened was almost 20 years ago and they managed to contain the spread
4) this virus causes pneumonia

the facts are not all in about this virus the death count is only people who were officially diagnosed. This is very different from a common cold— it’s a virus that mutated from an animal (likely a snake).

Let me give you some facts the common cold effects billions of people. It kills roughly 56000 people a year -much more that this virus since 2002. I do not deny the validity of this virus concern, but it is still not as big of a threat, except to the fearful. The common cold is a coronovirus too. For all we know, this could just be a bad strain of the common cold.

All I have seen this cronovirus do is cause mass fear and panic.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
I do not deny this virus has taken lifes, but there are far greater threats at hand. The china virus has killed only 50 people. Starvation has killed 9 million people a year. Alcoholism kills 3 million a year, 1/20 people who die according to the world health organization. (WHO)

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
A virus that passes from an animal is not a common cold.
This, I'm told, is a mutated virus. That raises much greater concerns than a simple human cold.
And again, consider the circumstances of its origin. Again. What next? When? How bad might it potentially get. With more and more potential hosts jammed into the effectively same space? Seemingly ad infinitum...

I suppose Im compairing apples to oranges, but my point was is that the common cold is more deadly.

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Is the risk one of proximity - or is it electricity - because viruses are negatively charged? Can we repel those viruses? Our electrical Membrane Potential inside our cells is also negative, so it would repel negatively charged viruses, thereby preventing the viruses abilities to enter.

Does 5G increase the risk of contagion by reducing our ability 2 repel viruses?
Maybe we should turn the 5G off, too. Wuhan has over 300 5G bases. I believe Wuhan is their premiere 5G city.