Neanderthals passed down their tall noses to modern humans, genetic analysis finds

May 16, 2023
Visit site
Which humans are we talking about? Neanderthals are not known to have lived in Africa. I supposed if you have European or Asian DNA you could have inherited your "tall" from the Neanderthals.

May 16, 2023
Visit site
A new genetic analysis found that the of Neanderthal noses was passed down to modern humans.

Neanderthals passed down their tall noses to modern humans, genetic analysis finds : Read more
The article bases this on genetic markers that indicate when we "adapted to colder climates". Humans have STILL NOT adapted to the cold. We have ZERO defenses for the cold. What adaptation? If we lost all our fur (our only real protection), what did we gain in "evolution" that "adapted" us to colder climates.

May 16, 2023
Visit site
The article bases this on genetic markers that indicate when we "adapted to colder climates". Humans have STILL NOT adapted to the cold. We have ZERO defenses for the cold. What adaptation? If we lost all our fur (our only real protection), what did we gain in "evolution" that "adapted" us to colder climates.
I understand that, but the article makes it sound as if all populations of humans inherited that trait. Since Neanderthals did not live within Africa, Africans did not.

May 16, 2023
Visit site
I understand that, but the article makes it sound as if all populations of humans inherited that trait. Since Neanderthals did not live within Africa, Africans did not.
I agree with you. I'm saying the article just made this entire thing up and their basis is rooted in something that never actually happened. Humans have NEVER adapted to cold climates. That's why I challenge them to name the other evolutionary traits we developed to protect us from the cold. They literally just made this up to promote the conversation that the life that started in Africa was idle until Africans became Europeans/White. Lol we DONT have a SINGLE defense against cold weather. Not one.

May 16, 2023
Visit site
I agree with you. I'm saying the article just made this entire thing up and their basis is rooted in something that never actually happened. Humans have NEVER adapted to cold climates. That's why I challenge them to name the other evolutionary traits we developed to protect us from the cold. They literally just made this up to promote the conversation that the life that started in Africa was idle until Africans became Europeans/White. Lol we DONT have a SINGLE defense against cold weather. Not one.
What makes you think that humans have never adapted to cold climates? Most of Europe is cold, and humans have lived there for tens of thousands of years. People living in Eurooe slaughtered animals for their fur, something that Africans did not need to do. A lot of European adaptions, including their appearance was for survival in cold, forested climates. People who have blue eyes, for instance, actually do see better in the dark.

The brown skin of most Africans is 'camouflage' in African environments. The lighter skin of Europeans is 'camouflage' in colder environments. The darker skin of most Africans is an adaption to hair loss and heat. The skin color offers some protection against the equatorial sun. The lighter skin of European makes it easier for them to absorb vitamin D from sunlight. Europe has less sunlight than Africa. Studies show that it take about 10,000 years, plus the right amounts of vitamin D and folic acid to go from dark skin to light skin.

Although I know that racism is alive and well (I especially think that biological theories are often off), I am not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Many of my fellow African Americans sound like Trump, although Trump is more mean-spirited than just ignorant.

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
What makes you think that humans have never adapted to cold climates? Most of Europe is cold, and humans have lived there for tens of thousands of years. People living in Eurooe slaughtered animals for their fur, something that Africans did not need to do. A lot of European adaptions, including their appearance was for survival in cold, forested climates. People who have blue eyes, for instance, actually do see better in the dark.

The brown skin of most Africans is 'camouflage' in African environments. The lighter skin of Europeans is 'camouflage' in colder environments. The darker skin of most Africans is an adaption to hair loss and heat. The skin color offers some protection against the equatorial sun. The lighter skin of European makes it easier for them to absorb vitamin D from sunlight. Europe has less sunlight than Africa. Studies show that it take about 10,000 years, plus the right amounts of vitamin D and folic acid to go from dark skin to light skin.

Although I know that racism is alive and well (I especially think that biological theories are often off), I am not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Many of my fellow African Americans sound like Trump, although Trump is more mean-spirited than just ignorant.
I wanted to give you a thumbs up until I got to the last paragraph.