Mystery of Roman coins discovered on shipwreck island has archaeologists baffled

lol

Jan 13, 2023
Visit site
might of been domitian's or trajan's payment to decebalus, brought there by the latter's slavic subcontractors. i pretty much doubt the romans would have vacay in germanic lands.

if anything it was easier to become slave than being a german back then. as a slave you can accumulate wealth, free yourself, and climb the social ladder, even one day can become an emperor like maximinus thrax.

the office of the imperator is closed to the germans. see for instance flavius gaudentius and his son aetius, stilicho, thet no matter what they did for the glory of the empire or pull from the brink of destruction, they cannot become emperor themselves.

EDIT: speeling

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
There should be no mystery about Roman coins found on Baltic island .Romans had contact with Baltic via what was known as the Amber Road from Northern Italy across Europe to Baltic coast in area of what is now known as Gdansksince the area of coastline was a major source of Amber trade for Rome.I am surprised that the archaeologists involved in these excavations are not aware of this since it is well documented in a number of history books.The Romans also traded via Lesko in what is now in the South East of Poland across the Bieszczady mountains into what is now the Ukraine for furs .Roman trading Post was discovered during construction of a Stadium in early 1960s in town of Lesko with Roman pottery (amphoras) .This fur trading route would have crossed Czechia,Slovakia to Dukla Pass and via Lesko to then proceed possibly via what is now the Medyka area onwards in to the depths of what is now Ukraine. I am aware of this because a close relative of mine was the archaeologist in charge of the Lesko dig being based at the museum in Sanok which was the main town and museum nearby.I added this info to show that the Romans had regular trade with Eastern Europe and finding Roman Coins in this area is unusual and rare but has a rational explanation.