Mystery of Orb in a Record-Breaking Leonardo Da Vinci Painting Deepens

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
One quick thought -- Might the lack of refraction through a solid glass orb have been Da Vinci's way of acclaiming that the laws of nature were subservient to the Will of the Divine? Certainly, it would be difficult to assert otherwise, especially given the title of the painting.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I would suggest he intended it to not be glass or an animate object at all instead to be representing and orb of another realm of reality. Scientists can be so narrow minded sometimes. In focusing on it needing to be a physical object they are missing the real genius of his work.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Maybe it represents a particular spherical white stone of ancient that was once in existence in physical form but no longer is but still is, lol. It is neither here nor there. It is in his hand and cannot be removed, taken or stolen. It basically says good luck removing it from its rightful place. It can't be done.

Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
I would suggest he intended it to not be glass or an animate object at all instead to be representing and orb of another realm of reality. Scientists can be so narrow minded sometimes. In focusing on it needing to be a physical object they are missing the real genius of his work.
U R spot on, I would even say that the only part of Christ's hands visible are his finger tips, the palm inside the globe really represents a mountan.,or the earth, his robe,is not on the other side of the globe, it is the night sky, the Milky Way, the white specks are bright stars inside the globe....I think it's so obvious to a modern observer.

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site

Lmao, calling people "narrow minded" over a 15th-century painting is so absurd to me. Your guess is just as good as theirs, you will never in a million years know what Leonardo was really thinking painting that piece. He could've either been ignorant about that mistake or he had an ulterior motive making it. Nobody will ever know. I personally consider you the narrow-minded one in this context. :p