Mysterious inflammatory syndrome tied to COVID-19 strikes adults as well as kids

Sep 5, 2020
Visit site
New and deadly mutations, microbes that attack us seemingly out of nowhere. COVID-19 is proving a formidable foe. What was science fiction in the past is turning into reality. This article is very informative and disturbing. However:
"Long-standing health and social inequities have resulted in increased risk for infection and severe outcomes from COVID-19 in communities of color," Or could the risks have much more to do with genetics? The Sweating Sickness or English Sweat struck the hardest at people of English origin, yet those living right next door having Gaelic and/or Welsh origins were barely affected. Not everything is due to "social inequities". I think we need to dig deeper.

Reactions: Wanda
Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
New and deadly mutations, microbes that attack us seemingly out of nowhere. COVID-19 is proving a formidable foe. What was science fiction in the past is turning into reality. This article is very informative and disturbing. However:
"Long-standing health and social inequities have resulted in increased risk for infection and severe outcomes from COVID-19 in communities of color," Or could the risks have much more to do with genetics? The Sweating Sickness or English Sweat struck the hardest at people of English origin, yet those living right next door having Gaelic and/or Welsh origins were barely affected. Not everything is due to "social inequities". I think we need to dig deeper.
So do I.