Monstrous 'murder hornets' have reached the US

May 5, 2020
Visit site
In 2017 while working on a farm, I was stung 3x during the course of the summer. I think most were hornets, but could have been a wasp as well. The first sting on my arm was OK, managed fine. The following week I was stung again, this time on the shin of my leg. I felt it, but seemed fine afterwards. The next morning I could barely get out of bed, my leg was hurting so bad I couldn't walk. At the end of the season I was stung again, on my finger. That hurt more than the last 2, and the pain lasted for days. It felt like a hot iron in my finger, and I had a lot of swelling. By the 2nd day my hand was completely swollen. I tried what I could to relieve the pain but nothing worked. I would not want to go through again. It took a good week for my hand, and finger where it was stung, to recover.
Perhaps because of the last 2 stings I had, my body reacted more to the venom?
This happened in Richmond, BC, Canada.

Thank you for the article. Very informative!

May 5, 2020
Visit site
It seems only logically to import the Japanese Bee to North American sites of the Killer Asian Hornet to help combat the future growth of their colonies and the danger to our own Honeybees. Sounds scary what these invaders can do to so many bees with so few number themselves.

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
In 2017 while working on a farm, I was stung 3x during the course of the summer. I think most were hornets, but could have been a wasp as well. The first sting on my arm was OK, managed fine. The following week I was stung again, this time on the shin of my leg. I felt it, but seemed fine afterwards. The next morning I could barely get out of bed, my leg was hurting so bad I couldn't walk. At the end of the season I was stung again, on my finger. That hurt more than the last 2, and the pain lasted for days. It felt like a hot iron in my finger, and I had a lot of swelling. By the 2nd day my hand was completely swollen. I tried what I could to relieve the pain but nothing worked. I would not want to go through again. It took a good week for my hand, and finger where it was stung, to recover.
Perhaps because of the last 2 stings I had, my body reacted more to the venom?
This happened in Richmond, BC, Canada.

Thank you for the article. Very informative!
Sounds like you are becoming allergic to bee stings you may want to be prepared for the next

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Bait and Destroy: "First, the hornets hunt individual bees from a hive that has been chemically marked by one of their sisters " If scientists can duplicate a synthetic marker of their chemical marker then it seems then an effective trap & the bait could start to remove these Hornets from our environment.