In 2017 while working on a farm, I was stung 3x during the course of the summer. I think most were hornets, but could have been a wasp as well. The first sting on my arm was OK, managed fine. The following week I was stung again, this time on the shin of my leg. I felt it, but seemed fine afterwards. The next morning I could barely get out of bed, my leg was hurting so bad I couldn't walk. At the end of the season I was stung again, on my finger. That hurt more than the last 2, and the pain lasted for days. It felt like a hot iron in my finger, and I had a lot of swelling. By the 2nd day my hand was completely swollen. I tried what I could to relieve the pain but nothing worked. I would not want to go through again. It took a good week for my hand, and finger where it was stung, to recover.
Perhaps because of the last 2 stings I had, my body reacted more to the venom?
This happened in Richmond, BC, Canada.
Thank you for the article. Very informative!