'Man of the hole', the last member of an uncontacted tribe, dies in the Amazon

After this man's family and tribe are wiped out in order to steal their lands, he refuses/avoids/evades any contact with "modern" people. Who is surprised? What surprises me, is that he did not find a way or make an attempt to pay back in-kind at least some people. .... May God rest his soul and mark his oppressors for the ultimate judgement.

Reactions: HattinGokbori87
Most of the Amazonian tribes didn't get affected by the first wave of massacres when the colonialists first landed in now south America thanks to their remoteness. Thought we know that an estimated 90% of those natives later got killed (mostly tortured death in enslavement) during the rubber trade boom which made settlers and their European homeland billions.
But (I'm gonna get dislikes) if they could just drop their pride and accept Christianity their situation would have been far better; at least they wouldn't have been killed. Just look at the Natives Americans/Australians and then look at the Hawaiians. Hawaiians accepted Christianity, yes they've suffered during the first 1/2 hundred years but weren't outright wiped out. Now they get the same privilege as any settler descendent. When rape is inevitable, one might well enjoy it.

“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”

-Desmond Tutu

Last edited:
The above Desmond Tutu quote says it all. One can praise the Lord, but be sure to have plenty of ammunition to pass around and be ready, willing and able to expend it. ...... And my favorite "Strong Fences make good neighbors".