'Mad' Mike Hughes dies in rocket crash

Feb 23, 2020
Visit site
He could have gotten a camera up higher than 5000 feet using nothing other than a balloon. Heck, I've been higher than that in hot air balloons and gliders. You cannot see the curvature of the Earth at these altitudes. Perhaps he could have taken ride on any 747 and he would have been many times higher than this. However, model rocket enthusiasts have launched rockets far higher (121,000 ft ) and you can barely see the curvature of the Earth at this point. But Mike was a man who believed nothing other than a few misinterpreted Bible verses, and now he is flat, while the Earth is still quite round. He hardly made a dent in it.

Reactions: Nytowl223
Feb 23, 2020
Visit site
RIP, Mad Mike. Although I disagreed with his belief in a flat earth, I admired his drive and diligence. With that being said, the author/editor of this particular article demonstrates her blatant ignorance (or maybe just her inability to communicate accurately,) when she states that Mr. Hughes "plummeted to earth at 350 mph" following his March 2018 launch to 1,875 feet. One parachute deployed correctly. Mr. Hughes did not impact the earth at 350 mph, as the writer so ridiculously implied. Accuracy in reporting counts, Ms.Bryner...keep that in mind before issuing such drivel in the future. A basic understanding of physics and the limits of human physiology might help you in the future. If you are still in junior high, I understand...

Reactions: Nytowl223
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Mad Mike was up to something !

Also important :
Update 2020 : Google 1649ish - the first 16 centuries did not exist !

Humans are not older than 1649ish !

justpaste DOT it/google1649ishUpdates