Machu Picchu's servants hailed from distant lands conquered by the Incas, genetic study finds

Jul 27, 2023
'Servants' came from far off conquered lands you say? Sounds like slavery, or at the least hostages forced to work.

Reactions: Hensche
Jul 27, 2023
I've read several accounts of beach fishermen running fish to the various Incan shrines. I would guess the DNA of the people from the beach were from this. It doesn't say what quantity of beach DNA was found, so it's hard to insure any definite reason.

Jul 28, 2023
Not only did the author refer to what is obviously slaves as "servants" but according to modern gender theory one can not differentiate between a "man" and a "woman" . Modern gender theory asserts there is no difference between a "male" or "female" at all. Therefore, if modern gender theory is correct and the "science is settled" skeletal remains between a "male" or "female" do not exist so how did they tell which "servants" where "wives". I actually heard a anthropologist state last week assert they could not differentiate between a "male" or" female" skeleton so either the author is completely wrong or modern gender theory is wrong.

Aug 7, 2023
A new DNA analysis of human remains buried at Machu Picchu yields information about servants to the Incas.

Machu Picchu's servants hailed from distant lands conquered by the Incas, genetic study finds : Read more

I'm curious when archeologists and other academic will finally start admitting what open minded people interested in the Earth's history are starting to realize, which is that there was at least 1 advanced civilization, and maybe more, prior to our rise.

This quote is suspect, "More than a century before the Spanish invasion, the Incas built a massive palace high in the mountains of southern Peru, likely for Incan emperor Pachacuti, who reigned from 1438 to 1471. But little is known about the origins and lives of the servants who ran the Machu Picchu estate."

There's no way they built Machu Picchu, maybe some repairs after finding it, but there's no way they built that place. Even if it was sea level instead of 1.5 miles of rough, unforgiving elevation.

Jun 9, 2023
Why is it that archeologists and historians ridiculously refuse to use the term slavery to describe captive people forced to work, outside of a few hundred years of colonial North America?

Egypt had slaves, not workers.
Incans, Mayans, and Aztecs had slaves, not servants.
China still has millions of slaves now.
Every culture in Earth's history practiced slavery and unfortunately was the norm throughout human history.

Slavery ended within 90 years of the founding of the United States, yet everyone acts as though we invented it!