• Welcome to the Live Science Forums, a playground for those curious about humanity and the world around us. Introduce yourself here!

Looking for a healthy yogurt “frosting” for veggies!!

Nov 25, 2019
Hello!! My girlfriend and I love to cook and bake and chop and munch and make food look pretty. We’re also trying to eat healthier.. well... I am.. she already eats very healthy which usually leaves most of our treats going into my body and I love them but want to make some better choices like not eating 2 dozen sugar cookies covered in royal icing a week.
I got her some piping bags for Christmas, so I know we’re going to be making more good good snacks to decorate.. I just got the idea.. what if we could make up something to decorate say... slices of cucumber or something similar (if you have any suggestions for low-carb veggie based baked goods I’d love to hear them too, but I’m guessing we can find some through the google machine too). Mostly to be consumed I’m guessing almost immediately as the veggies would probably get funky after not too long...
any ideas for something of frosting type consistency that we could use? I’ve tried searching a little but anything with the word frosting seems to just pull up sugary treats and I’m uncertain what else to use to describe it.
Hummus crossed my mind. If I could figure out a healthy way to thicken up some geek yogurt that’s something that also crossed my mind. I’m totally out of my element in the low-sugar/carb world. She’s diabetic so its very important to her.
Anyway! Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have! I’d love to surprise her with a beautifully decorated snack plate or something and also it’d be a great activity I know she’s enjoy as well.
fedloan irs.gov easybib

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019
Hello!! My girlfriend and I love to cook and bake and chop and munch and make food look pretty. We’re also trying to eat healthier.. well... I am.. she already eats very healthy which usually leaves most of our treats going into my body and I love them but want to make some better choices like not eating 2 dozen sugar cookies covered in royal icing a week.
I got her some piping bags for Christmas, so I know we’re going to be making more good good snacks to decorate.. I just got the idea.. what if we could make up something to decorate say... slices of cucumber or something similar (if you have any suggestions for low-carb veggie based baked goods I’d love to hear them too, but I’m guessing we can find some through the google machine too). Mostly to be consumed I’m guessing almost immediately as the veggies would probably get funky after not too long...
any ideas for something of frosting type consistency that we could use? I’ve tried searching a little but anything with the word frosting seems to just pull up sugary treats and I’m uncertain what else to use to describe it.
Hummus crossed my mind. If I could figure out a healthy way to thicken up some geek yogurt that’s something that also crossed my mind. I’m totally out of my element in the low-sugar/carb world. She’s diabetic so its very important to her.
Anyway! Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have! I’d love to surprise her with a beautifully decorated snack plate or something and also it’d be a great activity I know she’s enjoy as well.
fedloan irs.gov easybib
Cooking in general is not something I like doing so not able to help with any ideas. Where you may want to look is on Yahoo itself (popular with cooking and recipes) and a diabetic cook book. There is also a diabetic magazine which comes out monthly.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts