Little ancient Egyptian mummies hold surprises inside … and they aren't human

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
An interesting article on the 18" and 10" mummies, which posed two questions for me to ponder. Did the Egyptians adopt Chinese customs of burying ancestors with provisions for the after life, or did China pick it up from the Egyptian way? And was the grain for planting so ancestors had food in the afterlife with the bird (mentioned) as a pet?

Regarding the bird, though, and the way the skin was cut I also wonder if this may have been an ancient for anatomy education for physicians or healers? I've not studied much about ancient Egypt, but being an RN who loves science suggests I should find time to study it.

Feb 22, 2020
Visit site
An interesting article on the 18" and 10" mummies, which posed two questions for me to ponder. Did the Egyptians adopt Chinese customs of burying ancestors with provisions for the after life, or did China pick it up from the Egyptian way? And was the grain for planting so ancestors had food in the afterlife with the bird (mentioned) as a pet?

Regarding the bird, though, and the way the skin was cut I also wonder if this may have been an ancient for anatomy education for physicians or healers? I've not studied much about ancient Egypt, but being an RN who loves science suggests I should find time to study it.
With all due respect, it's not really something you 'find time' to study. The intricacies of the study of mummies take years (and sometimes decades) to understand. Some of the experts are even surprised by finds even after they've been in the field for decades.

I'm simply saying that you may be able to get a quick and dirty understanding of the basics of the field with a little research, but you won't be gaining enough knowledge to truly understand the field without a LOT of study. That's not something someone just 'finds time' to do.

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
Grammatically, "with all due respect" is interpreted as an insult because it questions what is due, whereas, Respectfully, is seen are respect for the person addressed. I will assume you meant the latter, not the former.

As for whether the was used for science in Ancient Egypt, or it was just cut up is not a huge field to find an answer. As for how long it takes to comprehend Ancient Egypt and mummification, I would say that depends on the person; their drive, their free time, and their intellect. Never judge another by one's own life. I happen to be that person who can and does find time to do what I desire. Doing what one wants is a choice, after all.